Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Sinclair Data Breach

Discussion pertaining to the Tri-Cities, Flint, Mt. Pleasant, and Bad Axe
sinklair

Sinclair Data Breach

Post by sinklair » Tue Dec 15, 2020 8:52 am

The Three Stooges of Internet Security at Sinclair continue to show an amazing level of incompetence.

During the summer months, the Corporate Death Star asked many of us to participate in an online survey. The responses we were told would be confidential. However we found out that wasn’t the case:

https://www.ftvlive.com/sqsp-test/2020/ ... t-sinclair

Not only was personal information exposed by this latest data breach, but SBG Human Resources essentially admitted it lied when it said our responses were confidential. It was never meant to be confidential. The company always meant for the local HR Managers to spy on employee responses to the questionnaire... and their mistake allowed even frontline managers to see the data.

Now they want us to trust them with future “confidential” surveys? Hell no!

And the company isn’t even paying for credit monitoring despite their f-up in inappropriately displaying personal health information. Cheap a** bastards.

The company sends out constant phishing email tests and required internet security training. Maybe Marc should send those tests to the corporate IT managers responsible for this inexcusable data break that lasted for months... and only disclosed now, nearly two months later.

Any apologies from the Shipped In from Out of Town new Sinclair GM, the In Over Her Head News Director, the HR Director/Party Planner or the Over Hyped Engineering Department? Nope. Still waiting...

#SinclairSucks

kager

Re: Sinclair Data Breach

Post by kager » Tue Dec 15, 2020 9:13 am

Ineptitude on the part of IT is not uncommon, and touches many industries - not just broadcasting.

However, your constant rants against the company you work for could lead one to believe that you need to find a new employer...

"The problem with communication is the illusion that it has occurred."

YpsiGuy

Post by YpsiGuy » Tue Dec 15, 2020 9:57 am

I never fill out those “confidential” surveys. HR departments are liars.

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Tue Dec 15, 2020 1:56 pm

Kager: as I’ve said in the past... why should I leave? I do my job well, and get good marks from my supervisor. However management here should start doing theirs. It’s driving many good people away. That’s the real tragedy.

MasterB

Post by MasterB » Tue Dec 15, 2020 9:33 pm

You should sue Sinclair Sinklair for the data breach along with a lot of the workers around the country as well. I wouldn't have filled out the surveys either.

Go Pistons, Let's Go Redwings.

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Tue Dec 15, 2020 11:02 pm

MasterB: not sure it’s worth the money to sue. I’d just like Sinclair to do the right thing and provide and pay for credit monitoring for their f-up.

As far as lying about it being a “confidential” survey, the company has lost all credibility. A lot of us just won’t participate in future surveys. The company can’t be trusted.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Wed Dec 16, 2020 8:47 am

I have to wonder if Gastly Gary works for Sinclair.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic