Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

25-66 spreads Sinclair election misinformation

Discussion pertaining to the Tri-Cities, Flint, Mt. Pleasant, and Bad Axe
sinklair

25-66 spreads Sinclair election misinformation

Post by sinklair » Sat Nov 07, 2020 12:11 am

Despite knowing that a corporate must run story was false, 25-66 aired a story that falsely said Traverse City area postal workers were backdating absentee voter envelopes to manipulate election tallies.

https://nbc25news.com/news/nation-world ... Ho5quVPUqI

First, the information came from Project Veritas, an ultra conservative advocacy outlet. PV’s record of bending the truth (putting it mildly — in other cases outright lying) is also well documented. 25-66 should have known better to better vet PV’s claims.

Secondly, a simple understanding of Michigan election law and recent court decisions would have debunked these allegations. It doesn’t matter when the envelopes were postmarked. If they weren’t received by election officials by Tuesday night, they can’t be counted.

Third, other news outlets like the local paper and 25-66’s own sister station UpNorth Live/WPBN reported the claims were false.

https://www.record-eagle.com/news/local ... a171c.html

https://upnorthlive.com/news/local/vide ... estigation

https://www.politifact.com/article/2020 ... dont-hold/

So why did 25-66 run a patently false news report that only served to spread misinformation and sow discord about Michigan’s election protections? Because we have an In Over Her Head News Director who doesn’t know or care about journalism.

Neille needs to be fired. Now.

MasterB

Re: 25-66 spreads Sinclair election misinformation

Post by MasterB » Sun Nov 08, 2020 12:21 am

I only watch WWMT for weather I don't know if they ran that story or not. Sinkclair for ND at 25/66 you want that job?

Go Pistons, Let's Go Redwings.

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Sun Nov 08, 2020 2:38 am

Master: no, I don’t want to be 25-66’s news Director. I don’t want to sell my soul to the devil. I would however like to be th e GM for one day — just to fire the buffoons that have run our once proud station into the ground. First to go would be the ASSistant GM/Promotions Director, the Director of Declining Sales, the HR Director/Party Planner and last, but not least, the In Over Her Head News Director.

Matt

Post by Matt » Sun Nov 08, 2020 10:22 pm

sinklair wrote:
Sun Nov 08, 2020 2:38 am
Master: no, I don’t want to be 25-66’s news Director. I don’t want to sell my soul to the devil. I would however like to be th e GM for one day — just to fire the buffoons that have run our once proud station into the ground. First to go would be the ASSistant GM/Promotions Director, the Director of Declining Sales, the HR Director/Party Planner and last, but not least, the In Over Her Head News Director.
Did Sinclair own the station when you started working there?

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

BME

Post by BME » Mon Nov 09, 2020 10:15 pm

I watched Channel 25 news the last couple of nights (after the ND-Clemson and Saints-Bucs games), after having not watched its news telecats for 4-5 years.

I have lived in Genesee County for 30-plus years and appeared on camera as a weekly studio guest on 5, 12 and 25 at various points over the decades, so I remember when local TV news was more than competent. But I have pretty much stopped watching it because it has become so amateurish.

It was astonishing ... 25 makes Fox News look like Mother Jones. Little to no local stories ... lots of Trump-promoting crap.

Sinclair really is a cesspool.

YpsiGuy

Post by YpsiGuy » Tue Nov 10, 2020 12:48 am

Sinclair is garbage.

The only thing useful about a Sinclair station is its affiliate programming.

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Tue Nov 10, 2020 9:21 am

Ypsi: Be warned... affiliate coverage may be going away over disputes with the big four networks. Not immediately, but down the road Sinclair thinks it can position itself as its own network with its nationally produced content like Full Measure and America This Week and runs of syndicated programming. So look for more Judge Jerry!

km1125

Post by km1125 » Tue Nov 10, 2020 10:44 am

Regardless of whether or not those particular ballots would have been counted, the story about changing the postmark (or incorrectly adding a postmark) is still being investigated. That has not been debunked.

Further in the article it also states: "Sinclair was able to confirm that the details surrounding the claim that Fred Ragsdale, Jr. did die in 2019 and was recorded by California as having voted in the March 2020 primary." and "Evidence of deceased New Yorkers casting ballots was confirmed by the New York Post,", among other anomalies.

Shouldn't all these be investigated if we're really to trust the voting process?? They may or may not change the results of this election, but they certainly have the potential to affect an outcome.

organman95

Post by organman95 » Tue Nov 10, 2020 12:07 pm

km1125 wrote:
Tue Nov 10, 2020 10:44 am
Shouldn't all these be investigated if we're really to trust the voting process?? They may or may not change the results of this election, but they certainly have the potential to affect an outcome.
Exactly. Even with Trump continually claiming that he won, I really don't think he cares at this point. He just wants the counts to be fair. If it all done, and Biden is still the clear winner, I honestly think he would concede.

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Tue Nov 10, 2020 9:24 pm

Ha! Trump doesn’t care about the outcome? He only cares about ensuring a fair process? Who are you kidding? He’s been playing this angle for four years now. He appointed a commission to look into “election integrity”. When it found no evidence of voting fraud, Trump shut it down and refused to accept the commission’s findings.

https://apnews.com/article/f5f6a73b2af5 ... b35e82c18d

Face it, Trump only cares about Trump. In his view, the only way he believes he could be defeated is by fraud... even when the evidence points otherwise. He can’t even recognize that nearly 76-million Americans have determined that it’s time for a new direction.

And it’s time for Sinclair Broadcasting to air accurate, balanced reporting instead of the one sided corporate propaganda catering to winning favor with one side at the expense of others. That’s not journalism. And the In Over Her Head News Director isn’t a real journalist when she allows these stories to air on 25-66 and on its website.

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Wed Nov 11, 2020 12:47 am

The Sinclair corporate Death Star just informed all of its stations that in the first reference of any story involving President-elect Joe Biden that we have to say that current President Trump disputes the election results.

So, Sinclair Vice President of “News” Scott Livingston wants local TV stations to ignore the current electoral map, the current popular vote, and common sense.

TV stations should absolutely report on President Trump’s decisions to contest any close elections. However facts are facts and in unofficial results (at least until the votes are certified later this month) Biden has well above 270 electoral votes needed and should be treated with the same “President-elect” title that Trump was given when he received more electoral votes than Hillary Clinton four years ago.

km1125

Post by km1125 » Wed Nov 11, 2020 10:54 am

organman95 wrote:
Tue Nov 10, 2020 12:07 pm
km1125 wrote:
Tue Nov 10, 2020 10:44 am
Exactly. Even with Trump continually claiming that he won, I really don't think he cares at this point. He just wants the counts to be fair. If it all done, and Biden is still the clear winner, I honestly think he would concede.
The only reason the Democrats are fighting any investigation or recount is that they fear (or know) the numbers would come out differently. Otherwise, they'd be confident that they really won, and would not only welcome any investigation but encourage one with the emphasis on completing it quickly so we could 'get on with business'.

THAT should be the focus. When there is any report of suspicious activity regarding the ballots, EVERYBODY should jump in with resources and try and QUICKLY resolve it with no doubt left in anybody's mind on what the actual vote total was.

THAT would end this.

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Wed Nov 11, 2020 9:23 pm

Km: Democrats arent stopping recounts. They are the ones calling for every vote to be counted.

Georgia and Arizona have Republican Secretary of States charged with overseeing elections. State after state say there has been no widespread election interference. Despite saying there’s no evidence of vote tampering and margins where the GA SOS says are too large to overcome, he caved into pressure from the state GOP and the two incumbent senators now embroiled in a runoff that could determine control over the Senate. Even after the recounts snd certification, Trump has no intention of conceding.

rugratsonline

Post by rugratsonline » Wed Nov 11, 2020 11:06 pm

sinklair wrote:
Wed Nov 11, 2020 9:23 pm
Even after the recounts snd certification, Trump has no intention of conceding.
Because Trump is in it to win -- even if his chances reach the realm of impossibility and fantasy.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic