Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

RSNs dragging down 25-66’s parent company

Discussion pertaining to the Tri-Cities, Flint, Mt. Pleasant, and Bad Axe
MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Re: RSNs dragging down 25-66’s parent company

Post by MWmetalhead » Mon Jan 18, 2021 6:29 pm

I'm not crazy about the prospect of being bombarded with in-game sports betting messaging later this year.

The constant advertising during regular commercial breaks is already nauseating.

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:26 pm

MW: it’ll be worse, much worse than just betting ads during the broadcast. With the NextGen TV standard, you’ll be served up ads and betting info over cell signals, via email, it’ll target you much like web ads currently do.

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Sat Jan 30, 2021 9:08 am

Goodbye Fox Sports Detroit...
Hello Bally Sports Detroit?

https://sbgi.net/wp-content/uploads/202 ... _FINAL.pdf

If I were Bally’s I’d require Sinclair to first get back on cable and streaming channels before giving them a dime. Sinclair needs Bally’s more than the reverse.

Viewers are done with Sinclair’s pissing match over retransmission pay. The fact is whatever increased fees eventually are passed on to viewers who already are being nickled and dimed to death.

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Thu Mar 18, 2021 11:10 am

Let the rebranding begin!

https://www.wsj.com/articles/sinclair-s ... s+Networks

So in the move that has dragged down its core business, resulting in massive layoffs across Sinclair’s TV stations, the corporate Death Star that has already paid $10-billion on the purchase of the former Fox Sports network from Disney... is now dumping $10-million in outside advertising (that amount doesn’t include the value of the advertising you’ll see on locally owned stations like 25-66 that the ASSistant GM/Promotions Director will force to run).

One bad decision after another...

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Sat Mar 20, 2021 4:59 am

As the pissing match continues between Sinclair and distributors, the new Bally Sports announces that it will air all Tigers games.

https://www.mlive.com/tigers/2021/03/fo ... -2021.html

You’ll have to pay additional to watch them on a live stream. At least they’ll air opening day locally on CW46 (aka Flint’s home for minor league soccer and Cornhole competitions). Sinclair’s greed and bad decision making (preventing viewers from watching these games during a pandemic where you can’t go see games in person) knows no end...

MasterB

Post by MasterB » Sat Mar 20, 2021 11:10 pm

Should air a couple of Tiger, Pistons & Redwing games over the air each month. WWMT will air the opening day of the Tigers along with Fox2 in Detroit & 7&4 in Northern Michigan what no Lansing why doesn't Nexstar, Gray or Scripps air the Tigers opening day?

Go Pistons, Let's Go Redwings.

DAC

Post by DAC » Sun Mar 21, 2021 9:11 pm

sinklair wrote:
Sat Jan 30, 2021 9:08 am
Goodbye Fox Sports Detroit...
Hello Bally Sports Detroit?

https://sbgi.net/wp-content/uploads/202 ... _FINAL.pdf

If I were Bally’s I’d require Sinclair to first get back on cable and streaming channels before giving them a dime. Sinclair needs Bally’s more than the reverse.

Viewers are done with Sinclair’s pissing match over retransmission pay. The fact is whatever increased fees eventually are passed on to viewers who already are being nickled and dimed to death.
I think that Bally knew what they were paying for before they signed the check, and a say in transmission rights was not part of it. As far as naming rights go, this 10 year deal came fairly cheap. That being said, I'm hoping that ratings tank and Sinclair opts to sell at some point in the not too distant future. But, you know how we are.. We love our sports, even when it's a bad deal for us. $20 beer, anyone?

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:02 am

Happy opening day! For those wanting to watch the home opener on the all new Bally’s Sports Detroit, remember that when Sinclair took over, they laid off many of its freelancers only to pay millions of dollars for the rebranding and studio upgrades and saw its stock plummet... then enjoy that $20 beer and hot dog. Betcha they won’t mention that on the pregame show!

Realist

Post by Realist » Thu Apr 01, 2021 8:20 pm

After watching this naming rights 💩💩💩 all day today during the Tigers game, I truly hope Sinclair Broadcasting goes bankrupt so they have to sell the RSN’s off, along with several of their stations. It’s so apparent it’s all about 💰💰💰 and nothing else.

MasterB

Post by MasterB » Fri Apr 02, 2021 12:35 am

I like the Bally Sports graphics and music pretty good.

Go Pistons, Let's Go Redwings.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic