Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

News Nation

Discussion pertaining to the Tri-Cities, Flint, Mt. Pleasant, and Bad Axe
sinklair

News Nation

Post by sinklair » Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:52 pm

When Sinclair took over 25-66, they said Sinclair’s goal was to build the largest local news gathering operation in the country with more than 70 local news producing stations.

Today, they are no longer the largest local broadcaster, being passed by Nexstar.

Today, Sinclair still doesn’t have a national newscast — only little watched political shows like Full Measure and America This Week.

Today, Nexstar launched a new nightly 3-hour live prime time newscast with no political agenda that can be seen nationally on WGN America with high production values and featuring local reporters who know the market (not national correspondents who fly in to markets with little knowledge of the area).

MasterB

Re: News Nation

Post by MasterB » Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:08 pm

If Sinclair didn't try and keep everything in the failed Tribune merger it would've been Sinclair putting News on WGN America. I was surprised that Sinclair didn't shell WXMI Fox17 to one of there shell TV station owners as I thought Cunningham would've owned Fox17 but they sold it to Standard Media A.K.A. Media General from the ashes.

I like News Nation I have watched it a little bit of News Nation it isn't something that I wouldn't watch for 3 hours just come in & out of.

Go Pistons, Let's Go Redwings.

rugratsonline

Post by rugratsonline » Sun Sep 06, 2020 10:00 pm

sinklair wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:52 pm
Today, Sinclair still doesn’t have a national newscast — only little watched political shows like Full Measure and America This Week.
They did try a hybrid national / local newscast that aired in 12 markets from 2002 to 2006:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/News_Central

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Sun Sep 06, 2020 11:50 pm

Flint was one of the first News Central markets when it debuted. However it was extremely clunky switching between national and local news segments... and it never gained any traction or ratings. The only high point in the show was local news anchor Jim Kiertzner.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic