Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Sinclair Headline News on CW46

Discussion pertaining to the Tri-Cities, Flint, Mt. Pleasant, and Bad Axe
sinklair

Sinclair Headline News on CW46

Post by sinklair » Wed Jun 17, 2020 8:59 pm

From the brainiacs in Baltimore...

Sinclair is launching a new National morning newscast that will air on its CW stations, including WBSF.

http://sbgi.net/pr-news/sinclair-broadc ... be-filled/

So when will this new newscast air? 6-9am... in direct competition to NBC25 Today and Fox66 Mornings. So our “ratings challenged” morning show is getting more competition... but this time from our own company.

And does anyone wonder why Sinclair is constantly ranked as one of the worst broadcasting companies to work for???

Rachelle and Leslie should start polishing their resumes. It won’t be long before Sinclair downsizes 25-66 staff and replaces local morning news with this crap.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Re: Sinclair Headline News on CW46

Post by MWmetalhead » Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:32 pm

Very few viewers are going to waste their time with an out of market national newscast on a CW affiliate.

DAC

Post by DAC » Wed Jun 17, 2020 11:31 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:32 pm
Very few viewers are going to waste their time with an out of market national newscast on a CW affiliate.
I think you are right. Heck, most of the people I know don't bother with CW at all, except when a repeat of Seinfeld is on.

rugratsonline

Post by rugratsonline » Wed Jun 17, 2020 11:39 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:32 pm
Could have been worse -- it could have been an in-market CW newscast produced out-of-market (WKBD).

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Wed Jun 17, 2020 11:41 pm

MW: correct. But if no one is going to tune into an out of market National morning newscast that will likely get no significant ratings, then why do it at all? It’s not like the syndicated program costs at 6-9am are that significant. Very few advertisers will choose a non-local news program (typically stations look to more LOCAL news in political years to capitalize on more political ads... which this approach won’t help with.) By affiliation agreement, NBC stations like WEYI need to provide a newscast as the lead in to the Today Show. There is significant payroll costs for an anchor, meteorologist, reporter, executive producer, newscast producers, editor, photographer, directors, etc. In all the years WEYI has been in the morning news game, they haven’t made a dent in 5 or 12’s ratings. Most think this will be a way for Sinclair to have an option for morning news commitments at underperforming stations like WEYI and reduce overhead costs.

MasterB

Post by MasterB » Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:49 pm

Isn't going to do well since it will only be on Sinclair's CW's & MyNet TV and also on Sinclair's Stirr streaming service.

Go Pistons, Let's Go Redwings.

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Sun Oct 04, 2020 3:12 am

Sinclair just announced the “team” who will be on this new morning show... it includes Cayley Thompson who will be a “breaking news desk anchor”. Sounds like a consultant’s idea/wet dream.

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-release ... 44698.html

Thompson apparently worked as a producer at WNEM for 10 months back in 2003-2004.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/caylethompson

I wonder if this experiment will last 10 months.

Dudley

Post by Dudley » Sun Oct 04, 2020 7:38 pm

LOL the only color you have is that gob of shit on your nose!

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Wed Nov 18, 2020 2:49 pm

Our corporate overlords at Sinclair have finally come up with a name for their new morning newscast. From the branding brain childs that came up with “Mid-Michigan NOW!”... let’s all give a big round of applause for “The National Desk!”

https://sbgi.net/pr-news/sinclair-broad ... onal-desk/

It’s the same branding they’ve been using for their digital live streams.

https://m.facebook.com/TND/

So I’m imagining the conversation went something like this...
Scott Livingston, VP of “News”: “Hey, we need to come up with a name for our new morning national newscast that will compete with our local newscasts and only run on CW and My Net TV stations that no one currently watches.”
(Crickets)
Lame Michaelsen: “Uh, Mid-Michigan NOW! has been a complete failure, why don’t we call it that!”
Everyone: “Boooo. How did you ever get your job. Oh yeah, that’s right, you were fired after a year in Atlanta so Sinclair was your back up plan.”
Mike McCormick: “How about the National Desk. Boring and no point of difference with the other national morning news.”
Scott: “That’s perfect!”
(End scene)

I also love the quote that they plan on being unbiased and commentary free. Why start now? And I guess that means Boris Epsteyn won’t have a job after he’s done packing Donald Trump’s bags.

rugratsonline

Post by rugratsonline » Wed Nov 18, 2020 9:44 pm

sinklair wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 2:49 pm
I also love the quote that they plan [The National Desk] on being unbiased and commentary free. Why start now? And I guess that means Boris Epsteyn won’t have a job after he’s done packing Donald Trump’s bags.
Let me guess where they got the "unbiased and commentary free" idea from -- WGN America's "News Nation". Of course, any bets that Sinclair's idea of "unbiased and commentary free" include news slanted toward the right and editorial must-runs?

MasterB

Post by MasterB » Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:26 am

The National News Desk is a lame name for the headline news way better names I could come up with.

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:53 am

I’m pushing for: “Ya Smelt It, Ya Dealt It” Morning News with Boris “Rocks in his Mouth” Epshteyn!

matt1

Post by matt1 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:55 pm

"It's gonna be wild, gonna be wild, gonna be wild.....Now now now now now NOW" Scorpions (from 1982 "Blackout")!!!

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:35 pm

When Scott Livingston talks about providing more “context” into The National Desk morning newscast, that is code for more conservative leaning corporate segments from Eric Bolling, James Rosen and other Fox News castoffs.

https://www.mediavillage.com/article/si ... onal-desk/

They are investing a ton of money into Livingston-Gunther’s pet project. They say mornings have a lack of news competition that will make this a slam dunk. These two are sooo dense. First, it is running in Sinclair markets where it will compete directly against our local newscasts. And secondly, every network and cable outlet also has morning news. So there goes Sinclair’s illusion of a lack of morning news.

Just watch. The ASSistant GM/Promotions Director will aggressively promote The National Desk. It’ll hurt our already ratings-challenged newscast and the little revenue currently generated by the Director of Declining Sales. The National Desk won’t find an audience. And after about a year, they’ll likely pull the plug on this idiotic effort.
Last edited by sinklair on Wed Dec 02, 2020 5:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

MasterB

Post by MasterB » Wed Dec 02, 2020 1:31 am

National Desk will be going head to head with the last hour of the morning news WWMT going against our newcast, WoodTV, Fox17 all the way to 9AM, WZZM. I wonder if The Doctors will get 9AM or go at 5AM and less of the home shopping in the overnights.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic