Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Owosso barber

Discussion pertaining to the Tri-Cities, Flint, Mt. Pleasant, and Bad Axe
sinklair

Re: Owosso barber

Post by sinklair » Sun Jun 14, 2020 11:42 am

Audio: Unfortunately I know several people who died from COVID-19. This isn’t the flu. And I don’t subscribe to the theory that we should just have more deaths to get over it. Neither do the medical professionals.

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Sun Jun 14, 2020 6:01 pm

Difference between flat earthers and the rest of the society... science. Same goes for the way forward in the era of COVID-19.

Musicrewired

Post by Musicrewired » Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:51 am

I said Karl Manke started all this? Where? I said he started "referring to how old and near death he was". Editing selective words out of sentences is what you'd say the "swamp media" does.
I see you're right there in hip-waders as well.

The political forum is elsewhere. This was and is about the Owosso barber. That's not my opinion, either, although other things I say are. You don't have to agree, and I don't care either way if you do or don't.

Owosso barber. Karl Manke. Broadcasting forum. Any of that not what this is?

Not that you asked me, but Lemon-Lime is a great Kool-Aid flavor. Orange and grape were favorites as well. Perhaps we should ask Karl what his favorite flavor is.

Musicrewired

Post by Musicrewired » Wed Jun 17, 2020 12:52 pm

That's your rejoinder? That's as basic as "I know you are but what am I?" Besides, as you'd say, that is your OPINION. That's what a lot of this is anyway, so you're stating the obvious.

I've tried to keep the discussion on Karl "The Mask" Manke, "America's Barber", and media figure for a few weeks. The Governor, Joe Biden, Nancy Pelosi, the liberals, the swamp media, and whomever else are either secondary to anything, or not related to Karl, unless you're taking the Six Degrees of Separation route. If that's so, we should just dispense with these topics altogether, and everyone with something to say should just post randomly ad infinitum. It seems like that frequently anyway.

If we're lucky, the only news left from the barber of Owosso will be whatever happens with his legal situation.

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Wed Jun 17, 2020 6:10 pm

R is as bad as Lovin when it comes to detailing posts here...

Thanks Music for trying to bring us back on topic,

Musicrewired

Post by Musicrewired » Sun Jun 21, 2020 3:12 am

https://www.gofundme.com/f/karl-manke-freedom-pool

This is about the level of seriousness Karl actually deserves. I saw more quotes of his about his doing what he wants regardless of what the state decides, and congratulating himself for being in the right on the issue.

What's right in the end, Karl, is what's best for the public good. That's not your territory, however, so keep telling everyone how you're right, and those who support your efforts can continue to do so. Remember, if you just ignore what's going on that you don't like, or yell loudly that things aren't fair, then people will somehow end up working around you. You're convinced you've won a moral victory. Let that be your proudest achievement. When others went along in agreement, you stood up and said "Hell no, I won't go." What a patriot you must be.

And, we'll wait for another insightful and original reply from our moral center, claiming my opinion is....

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sun Jun 21, 2020 6:24 am

The link you provided is immature and a might be a gag, however Karl didn't put it up:

Abram Alguire
Organizer
New Lothrop, MI

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sun Jun 21, 2020 6:34 am

You claim Karl operated outside the public good, to backup your woefully inadequate claim, please provided evidence that someone's health was harmed by his reopening.

So far even the State of Michigan has been unable to produce any evidence. The State even gave his license back.

What has changed in the period since he reopened and getting his license back? Nothing as far as I can tell.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Musicrewired

Post by Musicrewired » Mon Jun 22, 2020 5:15 am

The link is to point out someone's attempt at sarcasm. No one's taking that GoFundMe attempt seriously. That's about what Karl deserves. Any other comments were about Karl's recent attempt to remain relevant. Does Ray Liotta know you've appointed him as your meme spokesperson?

As far as proof that anyone's been harmed, no one's proven that anyone hasn't been, either. I doubt contact tracing is or will be prevalent enough to get down to the little towns and who's in them. However, the "public good" is a broad term, and one doesn't need specific examples of harm caused by operating outside of it to know whether an individual's actions are designed primarily to serve that, or simply their own interests.

Karl didn't reopen due to a cry from the general public demanding he do so. He was tired of sitting around and being told what to do, and wanted to make money. His interest in other people is primarily limited to what they will give him, i.e. money for services rendered (or books sold, etc). He's a self-appointed icon only for promotional value, not to imply being "America's Barber" actually stands for something.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Mon Jun 22, 2020 7:09 am

LOL. Agreed. I highly doubt he did it just for promotional value. I've yet to see a book pitch or pitch for anything but Whitmer EO were wrong without legislative approval.

Whitmer is motives were to protect Blue Cross from paying for anything. Her dad was the CEO, and the current CEO bankrolled her election.

Musicrewired

Post by Musicrewired » Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:40 am

Karl hasn't had to pitch anything but himself, as the story hasn't played out. He'll come up with something once the press stops coming around. He wasn't "America's Barber" before last month, even though he's been doing that work for decades, he says. He primarily went back to work for money. The rest happened after that - the reworked website, the attorneys, the press conference, regular news coverage, and his growing familiarity with the area law enforcement community.

Whitmer wasn't self-appointed. Her spotlight came with the job she won the election for. She's another topic in other forums.

You almost kept the thread on track for a little while.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Mon Jun 22, 2020 10:38 am

Well stated.

Musicrewired

Post by Musicrewired » Mon Jun 22, 2020 5:33 pm

You amaze too easily.

I see why you're so interested in Manke, though. His "I'll do it my way because I said so" ethic is also how you keep veering over to your actual interests, regardless of the subject at hand. It's not what Karl has done, but only that he did so because the Governor has ruined everything, and the media are all evil swamp creatures who do her bidding. Poor Karl!

There's little discussion to be had when anyone who sees differently than you is obviously a leftist with a string of invective attached to their very existence. Yeah, right. Whatever you say.

Manke wasn't under directives any more stringent than anyone else in his profession. He's open to criticism for his actions, however, I don't see any large collective demonizing Karl. Even the media I've seen appear to report what he's been doing, not that he's a menace to the public at large.

If the only support Karl can show is from those who wanted a haircut no matter what, and his peers didn't join him, then there's the real indicator as to how popular "America's Barber" really is.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:28 pm

The state dropped the case today. He won.

Musicrewired

Post by Musicrewired » Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:14 pm

https://www.wilx.com/content/news/Opera ... 25511.html

He's still out there, as are his attorneys. The gathering didn't seem to attract many people, but they got their sound bites. Karl won't give up the spotlight as long as the media shows up.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic