Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Former WEYIer anchoring CBS Evening News

Discussion pertaining to the Tri-Cities, Flint, Mt. Pleasant, and Bad Axe
Luke

Former WEYIer anchoring CBS Evening News

Post by Luke » Fri Apr 24, 2020 10:23 am

https://twitter.com/leslifoster/status/ ... gr%5Etweet

If memory serves me correct she was the weekend weather anchor, reporter back in the late 90s when she was first getting started. She was good even back then. Network anchor good? We shall see...

Lester The Nightfly

Re: Former WEYIer anchoring CBS Evening News

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Fri Apr 24, 2020 1:35 pm

Sort of interesting about this broadcast is maybe a year or 18 months ago the CBS Weekend News moved out of the studio where the national weekday edition was done, to the CBSN "news hub" space (which oddly enough was the original home for the CBS Evening News with Dan Rather) in the same building. Fast forward, today the Evening has left New York entirely and is being done in DC, the CBSN/Weekend space was shut down due to C-19 and broadcasts were coming out of Denver, and now it would appear affiliate WUSA in Washington is doing the Weekend.

I have to wonder at the very heart of this is a move by CBS News president Susan Zirinsky (appointed 1/19) to cut costs and get as much production out of $$$ NYC as possible. The C-19 shutdown of the broadcast center was just a useful coincidence.

high fidelity

Post by high fidelity » Sun May 03, 2020 9:06 pm

The weekend newscasts for CBS are not always from the Washington DC affiliate. They rotate among different CBS affiliates. This weekend it was from Seattle. I have also seen it originate from Dallas, Denver and other major markets. I think it's a nice idea and it also gives local anchors some national exposure.

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Mon May 04, 2020 2:25 pm

high fidelity wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 9:06 pm
The weekend newscasts for CBS are not always from the Washington DC affiliate. They rotate among different CBS affiliates. This weekend it was from Seattle. I have also seen it originate from Dallas, Denver and other major markets. I think it's a nice idea and it also gives local anchors some national exposure.
Yup. This blurb from Broadcasting + Cable goes into it a little.
https://www.broadcastingcable.com/news/ ... ws-may-2-3

Perhaps Lesli Foster was a little premature seemingly to allude the broadcast was going to be strictly out of Washington.

BTW - I agree it's kind of a neat idea doing the program all around the county. Also, I liked KIRO's Monique Ming Laven much better than Foster. Not a big fan of bubbly anchors.

high fidelity

Post by high fidelity » Sat May 09, 2020 6:53 pm

The news this weekend originated from Indianapolis.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sat May 09, 2020 10:49 pm

For?

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

high fidelity

Post by high fidelity » Sat May 09, 2020 10:58 pm

The CBS weekend news for this weekend is originating from the Indianapolis CBS affiliate. Each weekend it is broadcast from a different CBS affiliate.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun May 10, 2020 7:33 am

I saw former WDIV'er Shon Gables anchoring the CBS Evening News a week or two ago. She now works at the low rated disaster known channel 46 in Atlanta, which ironically, is owned by Meredith!

Yup, they've been rotating weekend anchoring duties among affiliate and O&O stations.

radioandtventhusiast

Post by radioandtventhusiast » Sun May 10, 2020 1:00 pm

I like this new trend CBS is doing on weekends. I wish ABC or NBC would do the same. It's really nice to see local anchors on national TV!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic