Acceptable registrations in the queue through January 10 at 7:30a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

TV5’s “A moment of calm”

Discussion pertaining to the Tri-Cities, Flint, Mt. Pleasant, and Bad Axe
DAC
Posts: 454
Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2005 5:43 pm

Re: TV5’s “A moment of calm”

Post by DAC » Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:45 am

Calm, my ass. All of the local and national media are doing very little other than fear mongering. For instance, NBC Nightly Fright with Lester Dolt: Taking commercials out of consideration, Lester spends about 4 minutes covering facts, 22 minutes covering horrifying stories, and 3 minutes ending with an "Inspiring America" story that is supposed to soothe us from all the terrifying stories told throughout the show. The remaining minute is Lester telling us to take care of ourselves (What a guy!). How about give us the facts for 10 minutes or so, and then lets talk about something else? Has all other news ceased? Having elderly parents, I can tell you that they A ) Never miss the news, and B ) Are scared shitless. A moment of calm, indeed.



Dudley
Posts: 114
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2007 3:36 pm

Re: TV5’s “A moment of calm”

Post by Dudley » Thu Apr 09, 2020 2:52 pm

Television, The biggest manipulator!



User avatar
rugratsonline
Posts: 255
Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2004 1:20 pm

Re: TV5’s “A moment of calm”

Post by rugratsonline » Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:39 pm

Yet another reason why I no longer watch the news on TV, as they keep accentuating the negative, and then some. At least I live in a place that has a decent daily newspaper that just states the facts, plus still cover "other news".



tvbobn
Posts: 105
Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2004 3:25 pm

Re: TV5’s “A moment of calm”

Post by tvbobn » Sat Apr 11, 2020 5:59 pm

Virus or no virus, we're still in the election season. Most of it has all been pulled as a lot of other advertising has been pulled too. Stations are just filling these time slots with promos and "calm" spots. Would you rather they filled with 800 numbers selling Boxcar Willie CD's or Ginsu knives?


Frontier Airlines SUCKS! They're a bunch of thieves. Don't fly with them!

User avatar
rugratsonline
Posts: 255
Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2004 1:20 pm

Re: TV5’s “A moment of calm”

Post by rugratsonline » Sat Apr 11, 2020 6:50 pm

tvbobn wrote:
Sat Apr 11, 2020 5:59 pm
Would you rather they filled with 800 numbers selling Boxcar Willie CD's or Ginsu knives?
At least those ads make money for the station, while promos and "calm" don't. And stations are still running infomercials on weekends.



DAC
Posts: 454
Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2005 5:43 pm

Re: TV5’s “A moment of calm”

Post by DAC » Sat Apr 11, 2020 11:25 pm

Let us never again besmirch the good name of Boxcar Willie!



tvbobn
Posts: 105
Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2004 3:25 pm

Re: TV5’s “A moment of calm”

Post by tvbobn » Sun Apr 12, 2020 8:51 pm

DAC wrote:
Sat Apr 11, 2020 11:25 pm
Let us never again besmirch the good name of Boxcar Willie!
Ageed, but who buys CD's anymore?


Frontier Airlines SUCKS! They're a bunch of thieves. Don't fly with them!

matt1
Posts: 1087
Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2016 12:53 pm

Re: TV5’s “A moment of calm”

Post by matt1 » Mon Apr 13, 2020 12:23 am

When you have iTunes & Spotify on the computer!!



DAC
Posts: 454
Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2005 5:43 pm

Re: TV5’s “A moment of calm”

Post by DAC » Wed Apr 15, 2020 1:58 am

I don't care by which medium the music is distributed. Just no more box car bashing of Boxcar WIllie!



Deleted User 4520

Re: TV5’s “A moment of calm”

Post by Deleted User 4520 » Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:54 am

I buy CD's. I have enough that I could have my own radio station.



DAC
Posts: 454
Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2005 5:43 pm

Re: TV5’s “A moment of calm”

Post by DAC » Thu Apr 16, 2020 4:49 am

TheForce wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:54 am
I buy CD's. I have enough that I could have my own radio station.
Any chance that you also have the revenue to start a decent station in the Saginaw market? :)



Deleted User 4520

Re: TV5’s “A moment of calm”

Post by Deleted User 4520 » Thu Apr 16, 2020 11:21 am

Ummm, I got my stimulus check... :rollin But yeah I would love to do that! I thing classic metal needs some representation. We have classic country, classic rock, etc. so why not? lol Z93 is crappy these days. Well I mean the music is!
DAC wrote:
Thu Apr 16, 2020 4:49 am
TheForce wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:54 am
I buy CD's. I have enough that I could have my own radio station.
Any chance that you also have the revenue to start a decent station in the Saginaw market? :)



bobhuge
Posts: 68
Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2011 5:03 pm
Location: The Thumb
Contact:

Re: TV5’s “A moment of calm”

Post by bobhuge » Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:37 pm

TheForce wrote:
Thu Apr 16, 2020 11:21 am
Ummm, I got my stimulus check... :rollin But yeah I would love to do that! I thing classic metal needs some representation. We have classic country, classic rock, etc. so why not? lol Z93 is crappy these days. Well I mean the music is!
DAC wrote:
Thu Apr 16, 2020 4:49 am
TheForce wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:54 am
I buy CD's. I have enough that I could have my own radio station.
Any chance that you also have the revenue to start a decent station in the Saginaw market? :)
www.classicrocki92.com

Playing more classic metal and other rock than anyone, anywhere. 😉



User avatar
Luke
Posts: 57
Joined: Tue Dec 07, 2004 6:46 am

Re: TV5’s “A moment of calm”

Post by Luke » Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:47 pm

So this morning I was watching the end of the 9am newscast and saw a "Moment of Calm" right before the Obituaries. You can't make this shit up.



matt1
Posts: 1087
Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2016 12:53 pm

Re: TV5’s “A moment of calm”

Post by matt1 » Sat Apr 25, 2020 3:43 am

WNEM should do the woods area including deer!!!!



Post Reply Previous topicNext topic