Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Conklin Leaving?!?!

Discussion pertaining to the Tri-Cities, Flint, Mt. Pleasant, and Bad Axe
Beerbong

Re: Conklin Leaving?!?!

Post by Beerbong » Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:18 am

sinklair wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:09 am
Lil: short timer is the exiting GM/accountant in chief

Lovin: what you need is someone who understands how to work the system but is actually able to stand up and advocate what’s right for your workers.

That’s what Chad failed to do here at 25-66. He was a company man. He took his marching orders from corporate, didn’t question them, told us to suck it up when we said there was a better way to do it.

Remember the Sinclair promo our anchors were forced to read? EVERYBODY complained. The GM was silent on the whole matter. In the end, we got tons of phone calls and Sinclair was forced to admit it was wrong to make our anchors do it. Chad was still silent.

Being a company man may get you promoted, but he’s entering a station that was recently bought by Sinclair and still doesn’t agree with the company’s top down nature. He won’t last. I give it less than 5 years before he’s run out of town or “promoted” to a position where he can do less damage.

My tip of the day: don’t get too comfortable or unpack all your boxes,
Jealous much?
Your GM did not get promoted to Seattle because he’s a failure.
That is H*** move up the ladder.
You, on the other hand will never be anything more than what you are at this moment. Remember that.

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:35 am

Talk to me in five years or less...

lilnut13

Post by lilnut13 » Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:09 pm

They tried to get him to move to another station when they first acquired 25 & 46 so we could keep the GM that we had at the time. He would not take it...wonder why now??
He's an idiot! The station is better off with him gone, to bad it didnt happen sooner!

Beerbong

Post by Beerbong » Sat Mar 21, 2020 5:53 pm

sinklair wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:35 am
Talk to me in five years or less...
I will!
Just make sure you get my order right..

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:01 pm

Don’t you have some boxes to pack? They don’t pack themselves. Chad will need a friend in Seattle. You kissing his butt will provide great comfort as he drives another station into the ground and alienated another station filled with “poor slobs” (Beer’s words)

Beerbong

Post by Beerbong » Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:24 pm

sinklair wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:01 pm
Don’t you have some boxes to pack? They don’t pack themselves. Chad will need a friend in Seattle. You kissing his butt will provide great comfort as he drives another station into the ground and alienated another station filled with “poor slobs” (Beer’s words)
Ouch! Ya cut me deep Stink!
And yes! Those are my words!
:lol

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:49 pm

Joel says nice things about every manager who leaves... Conklin, Butcher, Reynolds, Schram... so take it for what it’s worth.

Most of us are just counting down the hours to freedom from Chad’s reign. He’ll then be KOMO’s problem...

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:08 am

Counting the hours until Harris’ kid (Chief Tech Dude) collects Chad’s ID badge and adds it to all the collection of former employees Chad fired, laid off, drove out of the station and-or business.

There will be a quiet celebration from many of us when he exits and never returns!

Now that’s one bad manager down. When the new GM gets in town, here’s a to-do list of other 25-66 managers that need to improve or find other employment opportunities: the ASSistant GM (promotion director), the Director of (Declining) Sales, the (In-Over-Her-Head) News Director, the HR Director (and self anointed Party Planner)...

HD74

Post by HD74 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:59 am

A word to the wise pal, anybody could take that job, including somebody far worse. I’ve seen it happen. Perhaps instead of posting hit lists of who you purport to be bad managers, you should be dusting off that resume.

You're never too old to learn something stupid.

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:40 pm

HD: Waaaaaay ahead of you. I’ve had the resume updated for some time now. Once my contract opens, I’ll be moving on as quickly as possible. You’re right about it could be worse under the new GM. Not only is that a possibility, I’m expecting it. Sinclair believes on promoting to the highest level of incompetence— hence the woeful “management team” that Conklin assembled.

But I also love it how Lovin is so quick to criticize me for exercising my right to advocate for improving workplace conditions at 25-66, but whenever someone tries to shut him up, he cries censorship!

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Fri Mar 27, 2020 4:57 pm

I’ll still be around for some time, so this so-called “abuse victim” (your words, not mine) isn’t being silenced anytime soon. Let’s hope for the sake of everyone on Pierson Road that the new GM is better than the one exiting.

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:53 pm

Lovin: I’m glad you think I’m worth it... very flattered.

Has anyone done a welfare check on Beer? Chad’s gone and I worry that Beer’s will for life may also be gone. Stay positive, my dear Beer. “The sun will come out... tomorrow...”

Beerbong

Post by Beerbong » Sun Mar 29, 2020 4:53 pm

lovinlife101 wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 3:28 pm
sinklair wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:53 pm
Lovin: I’m glad you think I’m worth it... very flattered.

Has anyone done a welfare check on Beer? Chad’s gone and I worry that Beer’s will for life may also be gone. Stay positive, my dear Beer. “The sun will come out... tomorrow...”
Beer will appear after Chad’s next bowel movement. He’s pretty stuck up there.
Nothing to really discuss on this subject anymore.
As usual Stink, you’re left holding the bag.
The person you despise so much, and spent so much energy to malign, has move up to the big time.
He will have a lot of success in Seattle, and you will be here in Flint.
Sound like a perfect ending.

Dudley

Post by Dudley » Sun Mar 29, 2020 5:10 pm

New GM will be some gung ho ass from another stations sales dept.. I wish that fat Skitzoid L Turdhole would pack and leave!

HD74

Post by HD74 » Sun Mar 29, 2020 7:29 pm

Good chance of that happening, but likely a GSM or NSM from a smaller market who will have to make all the mistakes everyone else made. Sales seems to be the route to GM a lot.

You're never too old to learn something stupid.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic