Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Tri Cities Ratings

Discussion pertaining to the Tri-Cities, Flint, Mt. Pleasant, and Bad Axe
Ben Zonia

Tri Cities Ratings

Post by Ben Zonia » Thu Jan 23, 2020 4:26 pm

"I had a job for a while as an announcer at WWV but I finally quit, because I couldn't stand the hours."

-Author Unknown

bmw

Re: Tri Cities Ratings

Post by bmw » Thu Jan 23, 2020 6:00 pm

2.7 WUPS 98.5
1.9 WGER 106.3

:rollin

Is this WGER's first ever book under a 2-share? That's an embarrassment. They should flip to Classic Hits or some variant thereof IMMEDIATELY.

Realist

Post by Realist » Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:42 pm

A few observations:

I’d love to know what the ratings are for the McDonald Broadcasting stations. KCQ used to be #1 or close to it. Wondering also where Joe FM comes in

So since the format flip a few years back from Classic Hits to AC, WHNN has now lost 1/2 of their overall audience. If someone local made this decision, brilliant move 🙄🙄🙄

In regards to WGER, Joby posted once that they didn’t care about the overall numbers as they were looking at the female demo. With numbers this low, there’s no way those demo numbers are decent anymore. Time for classic country or classic hits

Looking at the Flint ratings, why doesn’t Cumulus either simulcast WIOG on 105.5 or flip it to another format? Blowtorch WIOG gets a 3.5 there versus CK105’s 5.0. C’mon

bmw

Post by bmw » Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:19 pm

Simulcasting WIOG on 105.5 would be pointless given the signal overlap. If I were to do a format re-shuffle, I'd do the following:

-Flip WGER to classic hits - something close to what WHNN used to be
-Simulcast WKQZ on 105.5
-Tweak WHNN towards a Hot AC

The fact that WUPS is pulling a 2.7 share with their rimshot signal says that there's a gaping hole in the Tri-Cities for a classic hits format.

If you simulcast Z-93 in Flint, they could easily steal 2 shares from the Banana. And by re-positioning WHNN as a Hot AC, you give current WWCK listeners a second option (ie, WIOG and WHNN).

Take advantage of the monster signals you have on 102.5 and 96.1. Use them to target both the Tri-Cities and Flint.

format this

Post by format this » Fri Jan 24, 2020 12:44 am

I assume without Google that WSGW-FM is the simulcast of the AM? And if so, there’s an update to the leaderboard at 8.8.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Note to WGN... bring back Steve Cochran ASAP.

EDIT: Steve Cochran IS BACK AT WGN!!!

Deleted User 4520

Post by Deleted User 4520 » Fri Jan 24, 2020 6:53 am

Seems WHNN is fairly flat...could be for the format change or perhaps because of the Christmas music? I have a soft spot for WKCQ as I grew up listening to them in the 90's. But damn I can't stand that "new" country.

Realist

Post by Realist » Fri Jan 24, 2020 7:14 am

format this wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 12:44 am
I assume without Google that WSGW-FM is the simulcast of the AM? And if so, there’s an update to the leaderboard at 8.8.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Completely different programming with the exception of the morning show

BeerMan

Post by BeerMan » Sat Jan 25, 2020 3:55 pm

Realist wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:42 pm
A few observations:

I’d love to know what the ratings are for the McDonald Broadcasting stations. KCQ used to be #1 or close to it. Wondering also where Joe FM comes in

No idea where Joe FM falls but for KCQ your words "used to be" is the operative phrase. Except for one or two dayparts here and there I don't think they've nailed down #1 since the Rick Walker PD days. I was told that the reason Greg Cole (PD/OM) and Keith Hill (consultant) were fired back in July was the spring numbers. During Cole's tenure they slid to a perpetual 3rd place at best. Since they did not do anything new as far as their same-old boring promotions during the fall I don't see how they could have improved very much.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic