Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

WEYI the butt of Daily Show episode

Discussion pertaining to the Tri-Cities, Flint, Mt. Pleasant, and Bad Axe
sinklair

WEYI the butt of Daily Show episode

Post by sinklair » Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:51 pm

It’s never good when the Daily Show takes one of your clips and mocks it for the world to see:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?t=145&v=5Ns ... e=youtu.be

But this is 25-66 after all...

rugratsonline

Re: WEYI the butt of Daily Show episode

Post by rugratsonline » Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:10 pm

Personally, it's more the fault of the shyster promoter who thought that MLK can wear bling and "twerk".

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:28 pm

True, but the GM, Assistant GM and HR Director are known to not have senses of humor about these things.

If anyone from those days were still around, you can rest assured that there would be a @meeting” in the GM’s office!

DAC

Post by DAC » Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:29 pm

sinklair wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:51 pm
It’s never good when the Daily Show takes one of your clips and mocks it for the world to see:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?t=145&v=5Ns ... e=youtu.be

But this is 25-66 after all...
I agree that it's bad to be mocked on a national television broadcast. But, what should 25 have done differently with that report? Should they have just not reported it at all?

Beerbong

Post by Beerbong » Tue Jan 21, 2020 4:06 am

Sin
Sorry. That was a legitimate story. The Daily Show is hilarious, and can take any situation and find a way the exploit it. If I remember correctly, they also used a clip of a 12 reporter drawing a penis in touch screen monitor during a newscast. Now that was funny!
You’ve gone from butthurt to just plain petty in this attempt to criticize your employer.
Hopefully, they will have another company/employee event soon so you can get back to just being butthurt.

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:37 am

Beer: you may want to keep your personal commentaries to yourself.

I never said it wasn’t a legitimate story. I said it wasn’t good to have your stories mocked on a national comedy show.

I don’t think it was a good thing to have 12’s reporter mocked by drawing a “penis” on the telestrator either.

Funny: yes. Good for station morale: not.

You may not like that I criticize my station... then managers should start taking the not-so-subtle hint to start focusing on doing the right thing for your employees. It’s pretty basic actually. Management 101 stuff.

Beerbong

Post by Beerbong » Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:26 am

sinklair wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:37 am
Beer: you may want to keep your personal commentaries to yourself.

I never said it wasn’t a legitimate story. I said it wasn’t good to have your stories mocked on a national comedy show.

I don’t think it was a good thing to have 12’s reporter mocked by drawing a “penis” on the telestrator either.

Funny: yes. Good for station morale: not.

You may not like that I criticize my station... then managers should start taking the not-so-subtle hint to start focusing on doing the right thing for your employees. It’s pretty basic actually. Management 101 stuff.
Quite honestly, the more you write, the more full of shit you are.
I’m sorry. I’ll try to keep my personal comments to a minimum.

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:26 am

Instead of personal attacks, you might want to actually address the topic’s premise, Beer.

Beerbong

Post by Beerbong » Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:00 pm

Wow! Did he say instead of personal attacks? That’s all you’ve been doing since you got here. Go pedal your papers someplace else.

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:12 pm

Making observations about ways 25-66 management can improve work conditions and morale isn’t a personal attack... unless you are the station manager with extremely thin skin.

I didnt say you were “full of sh*t”, so stop trying to rewrite history and stay on topic please. We can have differences without resorting to name calling.

But when I see problems at my workplace, I have every right to call it out and advocate for changes... as do you.

Beerbong

Post by Beerbong » Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:24 pm

I know you want to seem “above it all”, but you’ve personally insulted most of your stations managers many times. Also, saying you’re “full of shit” is not name calling. Calling someone an “accountant from a 3rd rate college” is. You think just because you take a “flowery” approach to insulting someone, it some how makes it OK.

Beerbong

Post by Beerbong » Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:37 pm

Criticism and insults are protected by free speech!

Love it or leave it, losers! Or don’t! It’s your right!

By the way, whatever happened to Walter Smith Randolph McGee Jones Ham McZee McAllister McMichaels McKenzie Tyrone Luther King Junior?
[/quote]

Hey, Ted Nugent!
Comma much?

Beerbong

Post by Beerbong » Tue Jan 21, 2020 4:34 pm

Well alright then.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic