Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

WJRT is taking a beating on Facebook

Discussion pertaining to the Tri-Cities, Flint, Mt. Pleasant, and Bad Axe
Beerbong

WJRT is taking a beating on Facebook

Post by Beerbong » Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:03 pm

Had to change to another channel for the news. As usual, the weekend anchor can't get through a story without mumbling it up. Stories don't go with footage. Always audio and video problems, You name it. You guys really need to get your _ _ _ _ together before you lose the the remaining viewers you have.

Realist

Re: WJRT is taking a beating on Facebook

Post by Realist » Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:08 pm

Cheri Hartman was the worst possible choice they could’ve made for weekend anchor. She can’t talk to save her life. I actually look forward to when she’s off and Mallory Pearson fills in for her...

Beerbong

Post by Beerbong » Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:17 pm

Realist wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:08 pm
Cheri Hartman was the worst possible choice they could’ve made for weekend anchor. She can’t talk to save her life. I actually look forward to when she’s off and Mallory Pearson fills in for her...
I think the problem runs deeper than the anchor. A lot of their problems are technical,
code issues and inexperience.

rugratsonline

Post by rugratsonline » Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:15 pm

Beerbong wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:17 pm
Realist wrote:
I think the problem runs deeper than the anchor. A lot of their problems are technical,
code issues and inexperience.
Considering their dumpster fire newscast they had at 6PM on 1/9, I incline to agree.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:42 am

Realist wrote:
Mallory is too high pitched and yells. I think she needs to relax.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Realist

Post by Realist » Tue Jan 21, 2020 1:04 pm

audiophile wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:42 am
Realist wrote:
Mallory is too high pitched and yells. I think she needs to relax.
She’s not as bad anchoring versus doing the traffic reports...

Beerbong

Post by Beerbong » Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:24 pm

R Bedell wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 2:46 pm
IN MY OPINION --- From what I see, that all three locals are taking a Facebook beating(s). People are starting to see what these Corporate Propaganda machines are, and call them out, or poke fun at them. This gets stronger everyday. But, they brought it onto themselves.
While this is true, its not what I was referring to. People on 12s Facebook "Visitors Page" are ripping them apart.

‎David Moore‎ to ABC12: Your Trusted Source! WJRT-TV
January 19 at 6:23 PM ·
Again (still) so painful to watch. I think Cheri Hardmon spent more time apologizing for "technical difficulties" than reading the news.

‎Sandi Couch‎ to ABC12: Your Trusted Source! WJRT-TV
January 19 at 6:23 PM ·
This has been the most ridiculous news cast we have ever seen. So far not 1 story has been complete.

‎Al Brisbane‎ to ABC12: Your Trusted Source! WJRT-TV
January 19 at 6:17 PM ·
Had to change to another channel for the news. As usual, the weekend anchor can't get through a story without mumbling it up. Stories don't go with footage. Always audio and video problems, You name it. You guys really need to get your _ _ _ _ together before you lose the the remaining viewers you have.

And on and on.

Beerbong

Post by Beerbong » Sat Jan 25, 2020 7:07 pm

R Bedell wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:06 am
See similar comments on the other two local's Facebook pages.
Yeah, but not for the stations technical quality. I see a lot of political BS. Viewers upset with the way Trump is being covered more than anything else. Unless I'm missing something.

whitebalance

Post by whitebalance » Sun Jan 26, 2020 12:16 pm

ABC 12 News Saturday night. Difficult to watch. After opening, Sheri just starts reading the news. No Good Evening I'm Sheri Hardmon. Michael Nafso does a story and doesn't end with Michael Nafso ABC 12 News.
Very choppy presentation. Kevin needs more energy.
They need a News Director.

Beerbong

Post by Beerbong » Mon Jan 27, 2020 5:17 pm

whitebalance wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 12:16 pm
ABC 12 News Saturday night. Difficult to watch. After opening, Sheri just starts reading the news. No Good Evening I'm Sheri Hardmon. Michael Nafso does a story and doesn't end with Michael Nafso ABC 12 News.
Very choppy presentation. Kevin needs more energy.
They need a News Director.
I think the plan is to eventually weed out all the high salaries and replace those people with entry level workers. That is what they did behind the scenes.

Realist

Post by Realist » Sun Mar 15, 2020 6:50 pm

I watch ABC12 for my 6pm weekend news (can’t stand TV5 and I watch FOX66 at 10pm) and am getting sick and tired of the weekend amateur hour. Both last night, and especially tonight, were bad I.e.

- Stories and commercials just abruptly ending
- Cutting away from Gov Whitmer’s press conference for a promo, partial commercial, then going back to the press conference
- live in the studio shot being botched
- Sheri Hardman’s complete and consistent inability to talk coherently as an anchor. Why is she even there Anchoring? Put Mallory Pierson on who does a great job filling in

Is this the result of cutting staff? I’m guessing yes

Beerbong

Post by Beerbong » Sun Mar 15, 2020 7:00 pm

Realist wrote:
Sun Mar 15, 2020 6:50 pm
I watch ABC12 for my 6pm weekend news (can’t stand TV5 and I watch FOX66 at 10pm) and am getting sick and tired of the weekend amateur hour. Both last night, and especially tonight, were bad I.e.

- Stories and commercials just abruptly ending
- Cutting away from Gov Whitmer’s press conference for a promo, partial commercial, then going back to the press conference
- live in the studio shot being botched
- Sheri Hardman’s complete and consistent inability to talk coherently as an anchor. Why is she even there Anchoring? Put Mallory Pierson on who does a great job filling in

Is this the result of cutting staff? I’m guessing yes
Yeah, they are running on a shoe string. Especially in the back room. Only a couple of old timers left.

whitebalance

Post by whitebalance » Sun Mar 15, 2020 7:47 pm

I saw the same newscast. Totally unacceptable unless Gray wants to run a high school public access channel. TV 6 in Marquette does a better job.

Beerbong

Post by Beerbong » Sun Mar 15, 2020 8:00 pm

whitebalance wrote:
Sun Mar 15, 2020 7:47 pm
I saw the same newscast. Totally unacceptable unless Gray wants to run a high school public access channel. TV 6 in Marquette does a better job.
While Gray is a terrible company, I think 95% of 12s problems are created in house.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sun Mar 15, 2020 8:40 pm

The 12's weather channel always cuts spots. It's bad.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic