Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Breaking the News

Miss the posts from your favorite flame artist or troll who added little to no value to the Buzzboard? Read 'em here!
lovinlife101

Re: Breaking the News

Post by lovinlife101 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:07 pm

Wow.

What in the actual H is going on there?

You’ve got people who don’t know how to use the camera on a smartphone.

Pitiful.

Kathy Overbite said it would be a place people could be proud of. I guess rookie news directors can say things like that.

lovinlife101

Post by lovinlife101 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:54 pm

sinklair wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:52 pm
Part meddling by the promotions Director, part “I don’t give a f***” by the GM, and part no respect being shown to the news director. In all, that adds up to horrible morale inside Pierson Road.
No respect, indeed.

You know why white collar workers don’t do blue collar work and vice versa? Because they respect each other enough and realized they are specialized in their fields.

This shows that others in the company believe “anyone can do it.”

And if you’re Dave Blondie, you pay to do it.

lovinlife101

Post by lovinlife101 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:19 pm

sinklair wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:52 pm
Part meddling by the promotions Director, part “I don’t give a f***” by the GM, and part no respect being shown to the news director. In all, that adds up to horrible morale inside Pierson Road.
Major props, sinklair.

You experience unmitigated hell for eight hours a day there.

lovinlife101

Post by lovinlife101 » Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:36 am

sinklair wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 7:13 am
The 25-66 Promotions Director thinks that because she took classes at Specs Howard that she’s the next Walter Cronkite. She sees nothing wrong with her playing a breaking news journalist. It would be nice if she actually figured out how to promote the station to increase ratings. But she’s buds with the GM so her incompetence will only get rewarded. God help us all...
You and the rest of the crew should show up in their offices, camera and microphone in hand, and when they ask “What the sh*tty mcf*ck f*ck f*ck are you going?” (I’m guessing that’s how to talk to one another) You just say, “Oh, I’m just doing your job! Anyone can do it!”

lovinlife101

Post by lovinlife101 » Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:29 am

Beerbong wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:28 pm
sinklair wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:29 pm
Things have gotten so bad inside 25-66 that the station couldn’t cover a car crash literally on their front lawn. Go to the Mid-Michigan NOW Facebook page to see the promotions team’s attempt to cover the story. I guess they don’t teach promotions about audio since you see the “Assistant GM” interview a law enforcement officer but can’t hear him. I guess we don’t need journalists anymore when you can just send anyone out to cover local news. That’s the GM’s new attempt to cut costs?!?!
This has a distant bystander quality to it. Kinda works for this situation. You get the whole story. Slippery roads, car flips over, person yacks with official, car is righted, all is good. A visual story.
I get the feeling you’re only happy if you're whining.
You might try "getting your bib on" once in a while. You might be less frustrated.
It’s a confusing segment. You’ve got a dude looking at a smartphone like it’s the first time he’s seen one. Then a scene where a photographer and a reporter and standing by someone in an official capacity. The photographer tells the reporter to get out of the shot. Then it’s just randomness for the next several minutes. Is this supposed to be “news”?

lovinlife101

Post by lovinlife101 » Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:08 am

Beerbong wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:36 am
It’s just raw video from a crash scene.
Nothing confusing about it at all.
Ok, so let’s just watch surveillance cameras all day and call it “news.”

No “who, what, when, where, why, and how?”

No perspective, no context, “just raw video,” just the way you like it!

lovinlife101

Post by lovinlife101 » Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:40 am

Beerbong wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:17 am
It was a bit long, just the way you like it, but other than that it was fine for Facebook.
While some complained about the sound, most comments were about bad drivers and slowing down in bad conditions. Over 22k views. All you and Sin?
Why not just air a weather camera pointed at downtown Flint?

“This is MidMichigan NOW covering Flint!”

“Let’s punch up our sky cam further north and, YEP, WE’RE COVERING SAGINAW NOW!!!”

“No context! No perspective! Just raw video of these cities! It’s the future of news!!! Pay us!!!!!!”

lovinlife101

Post by lovinlife101 » Sat Jan 18, 2020 10:18 am

Beerbong wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 10:16 am
Pay us? Do you have a mouse in your pocket?
No mouse, but you have a hole in your pocket. You feel cocky all day.

:rollin :rollin :rollin

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic