Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Investigative Journalism is dead

Discussion pertaining to the Tri-Cities, Flint, Mt. Pleasant, and Bad Axe
autolab

Investigative Journalism is dead

Post by autolab » Sat Nov 02, 2019 2:53 pm

Whatever happened to investigative journalism in the Flint-Tri Cities market? ABC 12 used to have an I-Team. Jim Kiertzner went after corruption at city hall. Now, no one at any of the stations is doing any real investigations. They've replaced real journalism with Gray's Investigate TV national reports.

Realist

Re: Investigative Journalism is dead

Post by Realist » Sat Nov 02, 2019 8:07 pm

autolab wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 2:53 pm
Whatever happened to investigative journalism in the Flint-Tri Cities market? ABC 12 used to have an I-Team. Jim Kiertzner went after corruption at city hall. Now, no one at any of the stations is doing any real investigations. They've replaced real journalism with Gray's Investigate TV national reports.
ABC12 ran one of those national stories this spring about what I’ve done for a living in this State for the past 20 plus years but focused on another state. I emailed Angie at ABC12, told her that what they reported doesn’t happen here and that they need to talk to officials here about the subject. She thanked me for my email and said she’d pass it onto the News Director for what I suggested. No follow up was ever broadcast >:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic