Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Anyone else have DirecTV?

Discussion pertaining to the Tri-Cities, Flint, Mt. Pleasant, and Bad Axe
Realist

Anyone else have DirecTV?

Post by Realist » Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:26 pm

If you do, you realize that NBC25 was taken off on Friday May 31 with absolutely no notice. According to their Facebook page, they’re blaming DirecTV which is a lie as customers never received a notice (like we usually do) that the channel was going off. If you call NBC25, they’re telling you to watch them via antenna or buy one. As I’m on their northern fringe of their viewing area, that’s not feasible as I still would not be able to pick them up.

I’ve found their corporate owner is Howard Stirk holdings, an offshoot of Sinclair Broadcasting. If you’re a DirecTV subscribers, email them please and complain as I’m hoping they’ll get the picture and put 25 back on...

DAC

Re: Anyone else have DirecTV?

Post by DAC » Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:23 am

Same for those poor folks with AT&T Uverse for tv. This feud seems to be specifically with AT&T owned distributors.

autolab

Post by autolab » Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:01 am

This is a money grab by DirecTV-AT&T. They keep raising our rates and refuse to pay local broadcasters. It's the local viewers who suffer. But with free local streaming services, hopefully more people send a message by dropping these money grubbing corporations like AT&T.

autolab

Post by autolab » Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:05 am

Here's information posted by TV25 on its website about the ongoing carriage dispute:
https://nbc25news.com/news/local/statem ... attdirectv

the chief

Post by the chief » Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:47 am

Extremely Popular Programming ????

Bdl

Post by Bdl » Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:54 am

AT&T leads my list of despised companies.

DAC

Post by DAC » Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:08 am

lovinlife101 wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:30 am
Let’s pull Hotrod Harris out of “semi-retirement” to resolve this impasse!
Off topic AGAIN. Not opinion, fact. As for my opinion, you already know what I think of you.

autolab

Post by autolab » Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:45 am

HL101: for someone who claims (falsely BTW) that you don't know Mr. Harris and have not worked in the industry, you have an obsessive interest in this and all topics involving one of your two former employers.

Knowledge is good, so let me educate you on retransmission disputes between cable/satellite companies and content providers like WEYI. Local broadcasters like Mr. Harris have absolutely no role in these negotiations. To say so shows your lack of knowledge on these issues and your clear bias against WEYI/Mr. Harris.

AT&T/DirecTV have no rights to rebroadcast copyrighted broadcasts and charge their viewers (IMO heavy) fees without compensating local broadcasters for their work. Free over the air TV isn't actually free. Local TV stations pay for their operations (staffing, equipment, programming, etc.) through a combination of advertising and retransmission agreements. That AT&T refuses to negotiate and pulls WEYI's signal off their cable and satellite service makes no sense since AT&T makes BILLIONS in profits -- much, much more than WEYI's parent company, Howard Stirk Holding.

In the end, it's AT&T/DirecTV's viewers suffer from this impasse. But with more and more content being provided by other means (over the air, streaming TV), corporations like AT&T/DirecTV will start getting the message that they can no longer bully small broadcasters into charging their viewers excessive amounts for what they're trying to get for free.

autolab

Post by autolab » Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:04 pm

Uh, OK. Anyone can read exactly what you said above. And anyone with a brain (that's pretty much the entire Buzzboard minus HL101) knows exactly what you're doing with the constant rants against your former coworker/station that fired you.

HL101: you seem pretty high on yourself. Maybe you should offer your services to help negotiate a peace treaty between 25 and AT&T. If nothing else, it'll hopefully keep you busy enough where we don't have to hear your ramblings.

DAC

Post by DAC » Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:23 am

lovinlife101 wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:29 am
DAC wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:08 am
lovinlife101 wrote:
Off topic AGAIN. Not opinion, fact. As for my opinion, you already know what I think of you.
Oh, DAC, must I spell everything out for you?

Read the comment. Read it again. Read it slower (if that’s possible for you). What is the “impasse” over?

Fine, I’ll tell you: DirecTV and NBC25.

Why not have someone with supposed more time on their hands take a stab at resolving the impasse between DirecTV and NBC25?

By saying my post was off topic, when it clearly wasn't, makes you a LIAR (more so).

In fact, it was your post that was off topic (even though that’s your right). That makes you a HYPOCRITE (more so). And yes, your opinion of me is one that bullies, hates, and discriminates against me.
You are calling me names! WAH!

DAC

Post by DAC » Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:33 am

lovinlife101 wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:13 pm
DAC wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:23 am
lovinlife101 wrote:
DAC wrote:
lovinlife101 wrote:

Read the comment. Read it again. Read it slower (if that’s possible for you). What is the “impasse” over?

Why not have someone with supposed more time on their hands take a stab at resolving the impasse between DirecTV and NBC25?

By saying my post was off topic, when it clearly wasn't, makes you a LIAR (more so).

In fact, it was your post that was off topic (even though that’s your right). That makes you a HYPOCRITE (more so). And yes, your opinion of me is one that bullies, hates, and discriminates against me.
If you lie, you’re a LIAR!
As such, if you act like a dickhead, you're a dickhead, Dickhead.

DAC

Post by DAC » Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:48 pm

lovinlife101 wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:44 am
DAC wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:33 am
lovinlife101 wrote:
DAC wrote:
lovinlife101 wrote:
DAC wrote:
lovinlife101 wrote:

You are the bully, and if you don't admit it, then you are also a liar. Liar 101.
Wow, when did bullying become acceptable?
The day you arrived, I reckon. You are the bully of this board. If you can't admit that, then you are also a liar.

Musicrewired

Post by Musicrewired » Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:22 pm

Continual dialogue that isn’t about the topic as much as about how some people vehemently disagree with another person.

For the record, the Hotrod Harris comment was sarcastic, but based upon the topic at hand. After that, it’s just becoming an uninteresting bunch of noise. Just my opinion.

I hope the impasse can be settled so that the programming, important or otherwise, can be seen by as many as care to watch it, and that neither side ends up feeling that they’re getting the short end of the stick. Perhaps that’s a never-neverland point of view, but the art of compromise is seemingly becoming lost in the mists of time, and that’s unfortunate.

We now resume our regular argument, already in progress.

DAC

Post by DAC » Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:56 pm

lovinlife101 wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:00 pm
DAC wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 6:48 pm
lovinlife101 wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:44 am
DAC wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:33 am
lovinlife101 wrote:
DAC wrote:
lovinlife101 wrote:
DAC wrote:
lovinlife101 wrote:

You are the bully, and if you don't admit it, then you are also a liar. Liar 101.
Wow, when did bullying become acceptable?
The day you arrived, I reckon. You are the bully of this board. If you can't admit that, then you are also a liar.
There’s documented evidence (in this thread in fact) of you using profanity to bully me. There’s no evidence, and you’ll never find it, of me using profanity to bully anyone.
Oh, I see.. So YOU are the one who gets to set the perimeters for what is bullying and and what is "intelligent." Let's add "Narcissist" to the list of "names" for you.

autolab

Post by autolab » Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:32 am

Amen DAC

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic