All accepted registrations through November 2 at 6:30a ET have been activated. Thank you! -M.W.

Please note: Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=48619

All user accounts that have been inactive since January 1, 2017 have been expunged. If you are one of these users and wish to submit a new post, please re-register. Thank you.

NBC25/FOX66 down the tubes

Discussion pertaining to the Tri-Cities, Flint, Mt. Pleasant, and Bad Axe
lovinlife101

NBC25/FOX66 down the tubes

Post by lovinlife101 » Wed Oct 30, 2019 7:28 am

I find it fascinating how you all were so gung-ho when Joel Feick and Bill Harris got fired from ABC12 and went to work for NBC25.

“NBC25 is going to be a powerhouse! Nobody will be able to stop it! Number one station, here we come!”

Ratings drop.

“Don’t panic! Give it time! GIVE. IT. TIME!!!”

Sinclair Republicans purchase the station and adds FOX66.

“There’s no stopping them now!!! Look out CNN, there’s a new sheriff in town!”

Ratings drop, everyone leaves, including the news director, Bill Harris, Joel Feick, the main sports person, and the chief meteorologist, leaving only Dave Blondie, his frosty tips, and an assistant news director people call “the buffoon.”

“That place is a dump! Who would ever watch them? What a joke!”

At least Hot Rod Harris still claims them. Anyone want to donate to his retirement fund by paying for a normally free Christmas concert?

autolab

Re: NBC25/FOX66 down the tubes

Post by autolab » Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:12 am

HL101: your blind hatred of your former employer misses the point.

This is how Sinclair runs their stations. That’s why you see all veterans leave as soon as contracts are up.

Let’s be clear. Sinclair doesn’t care about ratings. They care about profits. And Sinclair is making lots of money at 25-66. They’re doing so by not paying their employees (high performers are only given a 1.5% increase). They’re not filling open positions. They’ve automated newscasts. Yet they can sell ads on three TV stations. The GM gets bonuses for cutting budgets and increasing profits. It’s simple math.

As for the Assistant News Director... how are you supposed to run a newsroom when you don’t even live in the market? She lives in Oakland County. She can’t even watch Flint TV stations. She watches Detroit news. Doesn’t sound like either she cares or will stick around long. But why would you if you had to do 2 or 3 jobs with no additional compensation?

lovinlife101

Post by lovinlife101 » Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:23 am

autolab wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:12 am
HL101: your blind hatred of your former employer misses the point.

This is how Sinclair runs their stations. That’s why you see all veterans leave as soon as contracts are up.

Let’s be clear. Sinclair doesn’t care about ratings. They care about profits. And Sinclair is making lots of money at 25-66. They’re doing so by not paying their employees (high performers are only given a 1.5% increase). They’re not filling open positions. They’ve automated newscasts. Yet they can sell ads on three TV stations. The GM gets bonuses for cutting budgets and increasing profits. It’s simple math.

As for the Assistant News Director... how are you supposed to run a newsroom when you don’t even live in the market? She lives in Oakland County. She can’t even watch Flint TV stations. She watches Detroit news. Doesn’t sound like either she cares or will stick around long. But why would you if you had to do 2 or 3 jobs with no additional compensation?
You accuse me of “blind hatred,” then bash Sinclair, the GM, and assistant news director. Nice.

I also do not hate. I am incapable of hatred.

I also have never worked for NBC25, FOX66, CW46, WNEM, or WJRT. None. Never will either. I have too much respect for myself to do that.

Oh, and if Sinclair lets all veterans go after their contracts are up, how did Hot Rod Harris sign another contract to do the 10pm, then remain “part time” to this day? Also, Joel signed a Sinclair contract prior to the most recent one expiring. Hmmmm. Makes you think.

And in case you were wondering, the higher the rating, the higher the dollar amount charged for commercial time, which means higher profits. Your idea of a commercial television station not caring about ratings is asinine.

What do you think they would do if they were number one? “Oh, we’re number one in the ratings, but we won’t brag about it because we don’t care about ratings. Only profits. Just those sweet, sweet profits!”

R Bedell

Post by R Bedell » Wed Oct 30, 2019 10:32 am

Bull sh*t. You are oozing with hate. All of your postings is has some derogatory remark(s), unwarranted opinions, and flat out false statements. And as they say, a leopard doesn't change it's spots.

Flame on.

lovinlife101

Post by lovinlife101 » Wed Oct 30, 2019 12:07 pm

R Bedell wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 10:32 am
Bull sh*t. You are oozing with hate. All of your postings is has some derogatory remark(s), unwarranted opinions, and flat out false statements. And as they say, a leopard doesn't change it's spots.

Flame on.
I have no idea who you are talking about.

What is an “unwarranted” opinion? Is it one you don’t like?

Name a false statement made.

autolab

Post by autolab » Wed Oct 30, 2019 5:41 pm

HL101: you have worked for 5 and 25. And as I have said before, I worked with you (and are currently employed) at the Rusty Nickel. I have good friends who work at 12 and 25-66. For someone who alleges (falsely) about never having worked in the business, you spout a lot of crap that you profess to have no knowledge of.

As for your false rating narrative, there are many ways for an underrated TV station to make a quick buck. Would 25-66 like bigger ratings, it would sure help. But thats not stopping the GM from cutting costs and not paying his employees to get to his bonus.

Not that 5 or 12 are much better, but that would be off topic... and you know how I hate you going off topic on a post you created. So enough with the insults...

R Bedell

Post by R Bedell » Thu Oct 31, 2019 6:32 am

I have no idea who you are talking about.
Sadly for us, you never will.

lovinlife101

Post by lovinlife101 » Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:22 am

autolab wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 5:41 pm
HL101: you have worked for 5 and 25. And as I have said before, I worked with you (and are currently employed) at the Rusty Nickel. I have good friends who work at 12 and 25-66. For someone who alleges (falsely) about never having worked in the business, you spout a lot of crap that you profess to have no knowledge of.

As for your false rating narrative, there are many ways for an underrated TV station to make a quick buck. Would 25-66 like bigger ratings, it would sure help. But thats not stopping the GM from cutting costs and not paying his employees to get to his bonus.

Not that 5 or 12 are much better, but that would be off topic... and you know how I hate you going off topic on a post you created. So enough with the insults...
“Enough with the insults”?

I think the most insulting language is accusing someone of working where they did not work, at places that don’t respect employees.

You have no idea who I am. I’m okay with that. I have no idea who you are. I’m REALLY okay with that.

However, if the station cared only about money, why did it continue to employ veterans who didn’t produce any additional revenue, yet were paid twice or three times the amount of someone else who does their job?

autolab

Post by autolab » Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:59 am

HL101: you are one “special” child who apparently needed a lot of attention growing up...

You ask why the station would pay veterans (talking again about Mr. Harris) that aren’t producing any additional revenue. Yet in another thread you criticize 25-66 for charging money to viewers to attend this year’s holiday concert at the Capital Theater... seems to me the definition of producing revenue. It’s also pretty slimy for the station to make money off a community concert — IMO.

And while you may not know who I am... I definitely know who you are. I wish I didn’t since your oversized ego barely fit into the TV5 studios. Everybody was very happy when you were shown the door... both times.

No need to reply HL101. You only will attempt to lie and try to insult others (including Buzzboard members and former coworkers.)

Go back to bed after taking your medication to control your irrational impulses and multiple personality disorder.

DAC

Post by DAC » Thu Oct 31, 2019 8:00 pm

Can we just tie all these topics that are all basically about the same damn thing into one? Do we need a new one every couple of weeks? When I saw the topic on the main page, I instantly knew who the author was and what the basic gist of it would be. Why more threads?

Btw, unless you are God, you are capable of hate. It's part of the fallen nature of mankind.

lovinlife101

Post by lovinlife101 » Fri Nov 01, 2019 6:53 am

DAC wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 8:00 pm
Can we just tie all these topics that are all basically about the same damn thing into one? Do we need a new one every couple of weeks? When I saw the topic on the main page, I instantly knew who the author was and what the basic gist of it would be. Why more threads?

Btw, unless you are God, you are capable of hate. It's part of the fallen nature of mankind.
I think Bernie Sanders just took over your mind there, Skippy. He wants to force people into fewer choices and limit speech.

“We don’t need more than one kind of conditioner!”

I disagree with that.

“Why don’t we tie all political discussions into one as well! All the Trump talk into one! Heck, all the stations into one!”

“We don’t need something new every week! The Model T car was just fine! The first version of the iPhone was just fine!”

And, you just proved my point, Skippy!

Oh, and read Proverbs 6:16. It’ll show you where you are 100% wrong in your last statement.

R Bedell

Post by R Bedell » Fri Nov 01, 2019 9:22 am

Autolab & DAC:

You are 100% spot on and I agree with you.

lovinlife101

Post by lovinlife101 » Fri Nov 01, 2019 11:27 am

R Bedell wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 9:22 am
Autolab & DAC:

You are 100% spot on and I agree with you.
You’re all politicians.

You come up with lame ideas, that never happen, then take credit for something that never happens, then you give each other regional Emmys for doing so.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Fri Nov 01, 2019 12:20 pm

Proverbs 6:16-19 New International Version (NIV)

There are six things the Lord hates,
seven that are detestable to him:
haughty eyes,
a lying tongue,
hands that shed innocent blood,
a heart that devises wicked schemes,
feet that are quick to rush into evil,
a false witness who pours out lies
and a person who stirs up conflict in the community.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

lovinlife101

Post by lovinlife101 » Fri Nov 01, 2019 1:06 pm

DAC wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 8:00 pm
Btw, unless you are God, you are capable of hate.
audiophile wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 12:20 pm
Proverbs 6:16-19 New International Version (NIV)

There are six things the Lord hates,
Still want to step up to me, Skippy?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic