All accepted registrations through October 6 at 7:30a ET have been activated. Thank you! -M.W.

Please note: Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=48619

All user accounts that have been inactive since January 1, 2017 have been expunged. If you are one of these users and wish to submit a new post, please re-register. Thank you.

Bill Harris retiring

Discussion pertaining to the Tri-Cities, Flint, Mt. Pleasant, and Bad Axe
DAC

Re: Bill Harris retiring

Post by DAC » Sun Jun 23, 2019 12:37 am

lovinlife101 wrote:
Sat Jun 22, 2019 6:08 pm
R Bedell wrote:
Sat Jun 22, 2019 2:57 pm
O M G.....87 Posts and this topic is still alive. Should have been dead 60 posts ago.
When someone has been in the game for several decades and never accomplished anything, there’s a lot to critique.
For you, obviously. I haven't seen may other "critiques" (which you would probably describe as bullying if directed at you) posted on here.

R Bedell

Post by R Bedell » Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:48 am

LOL101:

You have a Grade A talent.

lovinlife101

Post by lovinlife101 » Sun Jun 23, 2019 2:29 pm

DAC wrote:
Sun Jun 23, 2019 12:37 am
lovinlife101 wrote:
R Bedell wrote:
O M G.....87 Posts and this topic is still alive. Should have been dead 60 posts ago.
When someone has been in the game for several decades and never accomplished anything, there’s a lot to critique.
For you, obviously. I haven't seen may other "critiques" (which you would probably describe as bullying if directed at you) posted on here.
Seeing nobody has been able to name one thing he has accomplished, I’d say you all believe the horse is alive and well.

Herm

Post by Herm » Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:55 am

lovinlife101 wrote:
Sun Jun 23, 2019 2:29 pm
DAC wrote:
Sun Jun 23, 2019 12:37 am
lovinlife101 wrote:
R Bedell wrote:
Seeing nobody has been able to name one thing he has accomplished, I’d say you all believe the horse is alive and well.
Shortly after the ACA was passed, WEYI did an informational call in show for viewers with questions about the new law. We put together a panel of experts to address the concerns of viewers. The response was fantastic, the information was helpful, and the broadcast was flawless. Many viewers called in and were able to get very useful information to help them navigate through “Obamacare”.
Bill was very involved in that broadcast in a multitude of capacities.
You will most likely downplay this but, it doesn’t matter. No matter what your opinion of this is, it had impact for many people in Mid-Michigan and Bill was a big part of it.
There! Now someone has mentioned something specific.

Herm

Post by Herm » Mon Jun 24, 2019 2:27 pm

I didn’t want to respond to this thread any more but since I had an actual answer to the specific question I thought I would volunteer as tribute to possibly put an end to this.

Although I doubt the odds will be in my favor.

Musicrewired

Post by Musicrewired » Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:17 pm

Here’s hoping that those odds are, in fact, favoring you.

I have a feeling this thread could go stumbling on as long as Bill’s career otherwise.

lovinlife101

Post by lovinlife101 » Thu Jun 27, 2019 6:10 am

Musicrewired wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:17 pm

I have a feeling this thread could go stumbling on as long as Bill’s career otherwise.
Threads like this really never end. They may go part-time, take on a few special projects, kiss some police fanny, say that a boat was their favorite news story, break down emotionally talking about a building, use inappropriate language in front of their grandkids during appreciation night, fill-in anchor in order to keep younger talent down, but they never truly call it quits completely even though everyone around them wants them to.

DAC

Post by DAC » Thu Jun 27, 2019 3:36 pm

lovinlife101 wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 6:10 am
Musicrewired wrote:

Threads like this really never end. They may go part-time, take on a few special projects, kiss some police fanny, say that a boat was their favorite news story, break down emotionally talking about a building, use inappropriate language in front of their grandkids during appreciation night, fill-in anchor in order to keep younger talent down, but they never truly call it quits completely even though everyone around them wants them to.
Sam Merrill was around a long time. Had it not been for his untimely passing, would you be accusing him of keeping the younger talent down? All the younger talent that has taken over since Sam died has been a total washout.

lovinlife101

Post by lovinlife101 » Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:51 pm

DAC wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 3:36 pm
lovinlife101 wrote:
Musicrewired wrote:

Sam Merrill was around a long time. Had it not been for his untimely passing, would you be accusing him of keeping the younger talent down? All the younger talent that has taken over since Sam died has been a total washout.
Sam was a spokesperson for the city of Flint. I don’t trust anyone who is or was a paid spokesperson. They are paid to do the organization’s bidding and spin everything into a positive light. That’s why I don’t trust George Stephanopoulos or Dawn Jones. George did the Clinton’s bidding and contributed to the Clinton Foundation. He’s far from objective. Like Bill Harris being paid by law enforcement agencies and then does only positive stories on them. I’m sure Dawn knows where all the bodies are in Flint but is sworn to secrecy.

TeddyBear

Post by TeddyBear » Thu Jul 04, 2019 4:22 am

lovinlife101 wrote:
Threads like this keep going on and on because 101 will not leave people alone. 101 must attack those who do not agree with him. The broadcasting hotties thread is a prime example. 101 cannot respect other people's point of view. That's usually called a control freak. Also, let's not forget the fact that he thinks Swahili is French. Not really too bright now.

lovinlife101

Post by lovinlife101 » Wed Jul 24, 2019 7:46 pm

Oh, and here’s a crazy idea, instead of putting all your eggs in Hotrod Harris’ basket, why not try to build up talent to replace him?

Instead of simply, “Bill ain’t here no mo,” why not have fanfare and promos with the new main anchor and a passing of the baton?

I know, that’s too much to ask.

We had to settle for Dave Blonde saying Deputy Bill shook his hand on the set with a tear in his eye. The position wasn’t Bill’s to give. He doesn’t own the station although he may act like he does.

DAC

Post by DAC » Thu Jul 25, 2019 3:30 am

lovinlife101 wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 7:46 pm
Oh, and here’s a crazy idea, instead of putting all your eggs in Hotrod Harris’ basket, why not try to build up talent to replace him?

Instead of simply, “Bill ain’t here no mo,” why not have fanfare and promos with the new main anchor and a passing of the baton?

We had to settle for Dave Blonde saying Deputy Bill shook his hand on the set with a tear in his eye. The position wasn’t Bill’s to give. He doesn’t own the station although he may act like he does.
Would it be too much to ask for you to move on? You are making an ass of yourself.

R Bedell

Post by R Bedell » Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:00 am

Would it be too much to ask for you to move on? You are making an ass of yourself.
AMEN.

lovinlife101

Post by lovinlife101 » Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:38 am

DAC wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2019 3:30 am
lovinlife101 wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 7:46 pm

It’s not too much for you to ask anything. It’s your right. And you can call me anything you want. Again, it’s your right.

TeddyBear

Post by TeddyBear » Thu Jul 25, 2019 3:29 pm

Once again... "it's your right," but I'll attack you later on and try to shut you up like I'm Kim Jung Un. I will destroy your reputation for going against the regime... or what I believe is the regime, make you look stupid (knowing I look stupid doing this, as in my DB repoz nomination), I will disrespect you and your thoughts and values, I will always hide who I am, so I can stalk you and make your life a nightmare on Buzzboard. I will mock you, so I look like the victim. I'll also have nothing positive to say, while not having anything pertinent to add to the topic, to antagonize you into disagreement and a fight. I will also not take orders or suggestions from you. I only matter, not you.

"It's your right." Seriously? Who you kidding?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic