All accepted registrations through November 2 at 6:30a ET have been activated. Thank you! -M.W.

Please note: Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=48619

All user accounts that have been inactive since January 1, 2017 have been expunged. If you are one of these users and wish to submit a new post, please re-register. Thank you.

Bill Harris retiring

Discussion pertaining to the Tri-Cities, Flint, Mt. Pleasant, and Bad Axe
lovinlife101
Posts: 2752
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:53 am

Re: Bill Harris retiring

Post by lovinlife101 » Mon May 27, 2019 4:46 pm

“As I enter my final week as a full time news anchor...” his Facebook status says.

Nobody has written more about Bill Harris than Bill Harris.



Dudley
Posts: 82
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2007 3:36 pm

Re: Bill Harris retiring

Post by Dudley » Mon May 27, 2019 11:37 pm

Awww You're jealous of him. :razz



autolab
Posts: 144
Joined: Sat Nov 17, 2018 2:54 am

Re: Bill Harris retiring

Post by autolab » Tue May 28, 2019 6:35 am

HL101: with your obsession over Mr. Harris, I believe you have written more about Bill than anyone else. Give it a break.



lovinlife101
Posts: 2752
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:53 am

Re: Bill Harris retiring

Post by lovinlife101 » Tue May 28, 2019 6:04 pm

Dudley wrote:
Mon May 27, 2019 11:37 pm
Awww You're jealous of him. :razz
Jealous of being over-the-hill and subpar? SURE!

Jim and Terry will anchor a newscast after already putting in a full shift of breaking news, advancing stories, and producing original investigative pieces. Bill believes anchoring a show IS the full shift.



DAC
Posts: 427
Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2005 5:43 pm

Re: Bill Harris retiring

Post by DAC » Tue May 28, 2019 7:50 pm

lovinlife101 wrote:
Mon May 27, 2019 4:46 pm
“As I enter my final week as a full time news anchor...” his Facebook status says.

Nobody has written more about Bill Harris than Bill Harris.
Why do you give a fuck?



lovinlife101
Posts: 2752
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:53 am

Re: Bill Harris retiring

Post by lovinlife101 » Tue May 28, 2019 7:57 pm

DAC wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 7:50 pm
lovinlife101 wrote:
Mon May 27, 2019 4:46 pm
“As I enter my final week as a full time news anchor...” his Facebook status says.

Nobody has written more about Bill Harris than Bill Harris.
Why do you give a fuck?
Why do you?



DAC
Posts: 427
Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2005 5:43 pm

Re: Bill Harris retiring

Post by DAC » Wed May 29, 2019 12:08 am

lovinlife101 wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 7:57 pm
DAC wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 7:50 pm
lovinlife101 wrote:
Mon May 27, 2019 4:46 pm
“As I enter my final week as a full time news anchor...” his Facebook status says.

Nobody has written more about Bill Harris than Bill Harris.
Why do you give a fuck?
Why do you?
Typical Scumbag 101. Can't even answer a simple question without being an ass.



lovinlife101
Posts: 2752
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:53 am

Re: Bill Harris retiring

Post by lovinlife101 » Wed May 29, 2019 7:27 am

DAC wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 12:08 am
lovinlife101 wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 7:57 pm
DAC wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 7:50 pm
lovinlife101 wrote:
Mon May 27, 2019 4:46 pm
“As I enter my final week as a full time news anchor...” his Facebook status says.

Nobody has written more about Bill Harris than Bill Harris.
Why do you give a fuck?
Why do you?
Typical Scumbag 101. Can't even answer a simple question without being an ass.
You asked me, which you’re free to do.

I asked you, which I’m free to do.

You called me names, which you’re free to do.



lovinlife101
Posts: 2752
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:53 am

Re: Bill Harris retiring

Post by lovinlife101 » Wed May 29, 2019 6:34 pm

Talent times effort equals skill.

Skill times effort equals achievement.

After 40 years, where’s the achievement?

Nine Emmys and 37 nominations. Translating into not winning the Emmy 76% of the time. Custer has five Emmys in ten nominations winning 50% of the time. And Custer has done it less than half the time.

Where’s the achievement?

Having the same job for decades? Sucking up to cops? Being a Boston fanboy? Being a nice guy? These are all indisputable facts, but not achievements.



lovinlife101
Posts: 2752
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:53 am

Re: Bill Harris retiring

Post by lovinlife101 » Fri May 31, 2019 2:56 pm

The Bill Harris “Finest Hour” celebration at the Capitol Theater was quite telling.

The stories recounted showed an inside look.

His immediate manager was afraid to talk to him about switching to the 10pm news. Why would anyone be afraid to talk to an employee who many describe as a trusted, friendly, down-to-earth person? If he’s that approachable, why would his immediate manager refuse to talk to him about moving shifts? Sounds unapproachable to me.

Then, the story was told of a regular day. Bill rolls into work IN THE AFTERNOON in his sports car. Reads the news at 6pm, and then AT 6:32pm (their words, not mine) he’s back in the sports car squealing tires all the way home.

Hard-working? Going the extra mile? Hmmmmm.

Then, all the comments of “he’s willing to grab a camera and cover breaking news.” THAT’S HIS JOB!

Terry and Jim are so much better but get almost no credit.



lovinlife101
Posts: 2752
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:53 am

Re: Bill Harris retiring

Post by lovinlife101 » Fri May 31, 2019 8:29 pm

I’m sure his kids and grandkids in the audience appreciated his generous use of the words “damn” and “hell” during his speech.



autolab
Posts: 144
Joined: Sat Nov 17, 2018 2:54 am

Re: Bill Harris retiring

Post by autolab » Sat Jun 01, 2019 11:09 am

Once again HL101 spews hate and lies about his former coworker at WEYI.

For anyone who actually wants the truth (and see how a station pays a nice tribute to its employees), you can see it on WEYI's Facebook page. (I couldn't find it on its website.)

As for HL101, I doubt very much that even though Bill Harris is retired that he can resist the temptation to criticize Bill. For someone who (falsely) claims that he's never met Bill, I find it "interesting" that you would watch an hour long live streamed retirement party for someone you don't know and claim that you don't care about. Just further evidence that you can't believe a word from the troll HL101.



organman95
Posts: 209
Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:49 pm

Re: Bill Harris retiring

Post by organman95 » Sat Jun 01, 2019 11:20 am

Wow... I wonder if LL101 has the same feelings toward anyone else with a long-term in broadcasting? Carmen Harlan 38 years aat WDIV, Dave Fortin 42 years at 7&4, Bill Spencer near 40 years (more?) at various stations.

The amount and type of achievement one is recognized with doesn't really matter. It's about getting the news to the people.



lovinlife101
Posts: 2752
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:53 am

Re: Bill Harris retiring

Post by lovinlife101 » Sat Jun 01, 2019 12:07 pm

autolab wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 11:09 am
Once again HL101 spews hate and lies about his former coworker at WEYI.

For anyone who actually wants the truth (and see how a station pays a nice tribute to its employees), you can see it on WEYI's Facebook page. (I couldn't find it on its website.)

As for HL101, I doubt very much that even though Bill Harris is retired that he can resist the temptation to criticize Bill. For someone who (falsely) claims that he's never met Bill, I find it "interesting" that you would watch an hour long live streamed retirement party for someone you don't know and claim that you don't care about. Just further evidence that you can't believe a word from the troll HL101.
He said those things during his speech in front of his kids and grandkids. I saw the video. Prove me wrong.



DAC
Posts: 427
Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2005 5:43 pm

Re: Bill Harris retiring

Post by DAC » Sun Jun 02, 2019 3:05 am

lovinlife101 wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 7:27 am
DAC wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 12:08 am
lovinlife101 wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 7:57 pm
DAC wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 7:50 pm
lovinlife101 wrote:
Mon May 27, 2019 4:46 pm
“As I enter my final week as a full time news anchor...” his Facebook status says.

Nobody has written more about Bill Harris than Bill Harris.
Why do you give a fuck?
Why do you?
Typical Scumbag 101. Can't even answer a simple question without being an ass.
You asked me, which you’re free to do.

I asked you, which I’m free to do.

You called me names, which you’re free to do.
Actually, I called you "name," Mr. I teach English. You're the one obsessed with Harris. I am merely bemused by your lunacy.



Post Reply Previous topicNext topic