All accepted registrations through June 25 at 9:30p ET have been activated. Thank you! -M.W.

Please note: Terms of Use have been amended effective June 9, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=30571

SCREW YOU! I’M KEEPING YOU SAFE!!!

Discussion pertaining to the Tri-Cities, Flint, Mt. Pleasant, and Bad Axe
autolab

Re: SCREW YOU! I’M KEEPING YOU SAFE!!!

Post by autolab » Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:54 am

I haven't seen any local meteorologists lash out at viewers for weather cut ins. Nor have I seen viewers upset over being informed about being warned about 4 tornadoes. Just another baseless rant by HL101...

lovinlife101

Post by lovinlife101 » Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:00 am

It’s just hilarious all around. You’ve got weather broadcasters screaming at people, “If you’re in this area, SEEK SHELTER! SEEK IT!!! SEEEEEEK IIIIIIT!!!!!! I know none of you in that area can hear or see me because the electricity is out because of the storm, but I’m saving your lives!!!!! SEEEEEEEK IIIIIIIIIIIIT!!!!!!”

Then you’ve got the cops in podunk nowhere where the storm is nowhere near them screaming at their TV, “Derp, ya have ta interrupt Springer fer dis? I was jest goin’ to fine out who she was sleepin’ wit! Dang you, TV folk!”

Then the weather broadcasters lash out at the rednecks, “Listen, fools, I know you like your NASHCAR, but my ticking you off is saving your life! SEEEEEEEEK IIIIIIIIIIIIT!”

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:26 am

Musicrewired wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:18 pm
Per the topic, are the stations obligated to acknowledge those who don't appreciate the interruption of their "regularly scheduled programming "? I'd rather be over-informed and have someone interested in the common good.

Just inform the public professionally. Don't feel the need to respond to the detractors. Someone's always going to complain about something. It comes with the territory, and with life in general.
Amen!
Last edited by audiophile on Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Deleted User 14935

Post by Deleted User 14935 » Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:38 am

Boy, I wish I had some of that stuff LL101 is vaping.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:46 am

I corrected my earlier post to include the quote I was referring to.

LOL101 fails to understand one significant advantage TV stations have over the internet is being LOCAL.

Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

Bdl

Post by Bdl » Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:57 am

There were FOUR confirmed tornados as a result of Thursday's storm. Great job by the WNEM crew if you happen to read this.

@101....you have reached a new low ..even for you. Call Dr. Phil for help.

lovinlife101

Post by lovinlife101 » Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:15 am

audiophile wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:46 am
I corrected my earlier post to include the quote I was referring to.

LOL101 fails to understand one significant advantage TV stations have over the internet is being LOCAL.
Oh, that’s right! Because nothing local ever appears ON THE INTERNET!

SEEEEEEEEEEEK IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT!!!!

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:06 pm

Where could I find something close to real-time quality coverage of 5, 12, 25 during this tornado event on the internet? Plus WNEM's doppler was impressive!

I have some advanced weather tools and a ham radio, so I was on top of it but I still found the coverage helpful with this very fast moving storm.

lovinlife101

Post by lovinlife101 » Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:04 pm

audiophile wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:06 pm
Where could I find something close to real-time quality coverage of 5, 12, 25 during this tornado event on the internet? Plus WNEM's doppler was impressive!

I have some advanced weather tools and a ham radio, so I was on top of it but I still found the coverage helpful with this very fast moving storm.
Where could you find real-time quality coverage? Still looking for it.

whitebalance

Post by whitebalance » Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:59 pm

TV 5 had the Genesee County tornado warning at least 3 minutes before ABC 12. People could have died watching ABC 12.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:55 am

lovinlife101 wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:04 pm
audiophile wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:06 pm

Where could you find real-time quality coverage? Still looking for it.
You started this thread regarding too much real-time coverage of the tornadoes, now you imply that there wasn't any? You are a walking contradiction.

Stop looking:
https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... =5&t=46839

autolab

Post by autolab » Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:30 pm

My concern is with Chief Mets who drone on and on... not giving any real information. How many times do mets need to say to "go to a basement or an interior room" or that trailer parks aren't a safe location to ride out the storm? Yes, that information is important... I'm only objecting to the continuous loop for an hour plus with no real on the ground reporting long after the tornado warning for Shiawassee and Genesee counties were dropped. At least 25-66 was able to get Ahmad Bajjey out there for some actual damage reports before signing off. 5 and 12 didn't have anyone on scene for a long period of time and kept droning on and on, long after the storm had dissipated and moved into the Thumb area. No one wants to reign in Bryan or JR apparently... or their oversized egos.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:39 pm

I guess that is a reasonable suggestion. If the storm has dissipated, go back to normal programming. If it flares up again, they can jump right back in.

Ed Joseph

Post by Ed Joseph » Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:50 pm

You guys do realize that 5 and 12 have viewers in Lapeer and Tuscola county? Just because your area is safe doesn't imply that everywhere else is as well. These storms themselves were moving between 80 and 100 MPH. The gust fronts from that present their own safety concerns and problems, let alone tornadoes spinning up within them.

Secondly, "official" channels, Genesee County 911 for instance, didn't get the warning sirens on until the alert had already come over cell phones and cable some five minutes prior. The damage had already happened in Clayton township before the sirens were activated. I heard all of this transpire on the Skywarn repeater.

Nothing personal, but some people need to start choosing their battles better before they run off the edge.

I confirm all my information through a high, white whore's souse!

lovinlife101

Post by lovinlife101 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:04 am

autolab wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:54 am
I haven't seen any local meteorologists lash out at viewers for weather cut ins. Nor have I seen viewers upset over being informed about being warned about 4 tornadoes. Just another baseless rant by HL101...
You’ve never seen wind before either, but yet you believe it’s there.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic