Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

ABC12 constant audio and video problems

Discussion pertaining to the Tri-Cities, Flint, Mt. Pleasant, and Bad Axe
Kincade3072

ABC12 constant audio and video problems

Post by Kincade3072 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:57 pm

Is it just me or do others notice how many issues ABC12 is having with audio and video? The station just keeps getting worse and worse.

autolab

Re: ABC12 constant audio and video problems

Post by autolab » Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:16 am

HL101: who is your source that people stopped caring years ago from the management all the way down to the janitor? And how does the janitor have any impact on the audio quality of newscasts? Please educate us.

Reality is the 12 recently went to a fully-automated newscast production system. It is a cost savings measure that requires a director to precode everything from camera shots, graphics, microphones, etc. When a story is coded improperly, the director has to manually punch up the correct mic source... which could take a second or two... but seems like an eternity during a live broadcast.

12 is newer at the automation system. 5 has been doing it for many years and the technical quality of newscasts should improve over time. But it is one of the realities of cutting corners by station owners to save money and streamline staff headcounts.

autolab

Post by autolab » Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:45 am

HL101: Since you've proudly proclaimed that you have never worked in broadcasting, why would anyone believe that you have sources on the inside of ABC12 that gives you the ability to judge the reasons for audio issues and morale on Lapeer Road? You have either no insight or are lying about your background... and either way have no credibility.

I never mentioned anything about staff morale in my post. So I'd greatly appreciate it if you'd refrain from putting words in my mouth. Or get better medication to deal with the multiple voices in your head that prevent you from staying on topic with your incoherent rants, bullying of other posters, and your efforts to attack your former employers.

stopnswop2

Post by stopnswop2 » Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:35 pm

They are mocking your name, as "hatinglife101".
Smh.

Music is my life.

DAC

Post by DAC » Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:15 pm

stopnswop2 wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:35 pm
They are mocking your name, as "hatinglife101".
Smh.
I think that 101 knew that. Just like "Autoliar" is mocking Autolab's name. The fact that this type of crap has ruined this forum doesn't seem to mean much to anyone, though.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic