Acceptable registrations in the queue through June 3 at 5:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

96.7 W244EN Flint/Lapeer. Junkalator

Discussion pertaining to the Tri-Cities, Flint, Mt. Pleasant, and Bad Axe
Deleted User 16144

Re: 96.7 W244EN Flint/Lapeer. Junkalator

Post by Deleted User 16144 » Wed Nov 29, 2023 4:30 pm

K-Love is programmed real good. The whole K-Love Network is excellent. The Decade stations are an excellent add to the app and website. Another plus, is that K-Love is available on the iHeart app too. The stations have personality, that makes a big difference.



BayCityJohn2337
Posts: 136
Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:36 pm

Re: 96.7 W244EN Flint/Lapeer. Junkalator

Post by BayCityJohn2337 » Wed Nov 29, 2023 5:35 pm

I just noticed W278BX 103.5 FM in Saginaw is now part of the Smile FM network today. What happened to Radio U? You can now hear the Dollar General of radio on 4 different stations all beaming into Saginaw.

Deleted User 16144

Re: 96.7 W244EN Flint/Lapeer. Junkalator

Post by Deleted User 16144 » Wed Nov 29, 2023 5:51 pm

I’ll have to check it out. I like Smile FM. Ed is doing a great job spreading the word.

Graham Wellington
Posts: 705
Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2018 4:48 pm

Re: 96.7 W244EN Flint/Lapeer. Junkalator

Post by Graham Wellington » Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:16 pm

Caliber wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2023 7:42 am

It is certainly better than the same 100 song playlist on all commercial radio stations. Christian Radio is sounding better these days.
Don't say that too loud on here. You'll get lambasted by those who lament the loss of Mandatory Metallica, Get the Led Out, and the timeless classics from Boston and Kansas.

Deleted User 16144

Re: 96.7 W244EN Flint/Lapeer. Junkalator

Post by Deleted User 16144 » Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:35 pm

Graham Wellington wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:16 pm
Caliber wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2023 7:42 am

It is certainly better than the same 100 song playlist on all commercial radio stations. Christian Radio is sounding better these days.
Don't say that too loud on here. You'll get lambasted by those who lament the loss of Mandatory Metallica, Get the Led Out, and the timeless classics from Boston and Kansas.
I love secular music too. I just think that Christian Music Radio is offering a better listen today. The station’s are just programmed better and it doesn’t matter if you’re listening to Smile, K-Love or Family Life Radio, these stations have a solid sound and care about listeners. Secular stations on the other hand just don’t have a clue on how to program for the listener anymore. I do still enjoy my 60’s, 70’s and 80’s music but listen to that on the internet or apps. I think we will still see more Christian Radio on the FM dial in the future because the product is so much better for the listener.

BayCityJohn2337
Posts: 136
Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:36 pm

Re: 96.7 W244EN Flint/Lapeer. Junkalator

Post by BayCityJohn2337 » Wed Nov 29, 2023 7:35 pm

I think Mr wellington and Caliber should sell their houses and send the proceeds to smile FM. Think of message that could be sent to even more underprivileged community's nationwide.

Deleted User 16144

Re: 96.7 W244EN Flint/Lapeer. Junkalator

Post by Deleted User 16144 » Wed Nov 29, 2023 7:50 pm

BayCityJohn2337 wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 7:35 pm
I think Mr wellington and Caliber should sell their houses and send the proceeds to smile FM. Think of message that could be sent to even more underprivileged community's nationwide.
I heard a story a while back about EMF and how they allegedly get Seniors to will their property to the EMF ministries. If true that’s a sad situation. But this could be a rumor. Sorry, but this Senior is smarter than that. If people are stupid enough to will property to a radio ministry when they pass that is their business. I never have and never will donate anything to something that silly. I have two successful businesses and it’s all willed to my children.

edj
Posts: 2052
Joined: Sun Feb 13, 2022 8:54 pm

Re: 96.7 W244EN Flint/Lapeer. Junkalator

Post by edj » Sat Dec 02, 2023 10:48 am

I was picking it up to a degree in Hartland Twp. Height is everything in a translator.

User avatar
Ben Zonia
Posts: 2260
Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2006 10:35 pm
Location: Honor

Re: 96.7 W244EN Flint/Lapeer. Junkalator

Post by Ben Zonia » Sat Dec 02, 2023 11:14 am

The outer contours receive cochannel interference in some areas from CHYR-FM, WRGZ, and other stations on 96.7, and translators in the Detroit Area on 96.7. But if you are on the right side of the hills, you can hear it, and quite quickly change over to the other 96.7 facilities as you get to the other side. MANY signals switch over around Auburn Hills North of Pontiac, and the high elevation areas of Livingston County.

Image
"I had a job for a while as an announcer at WWV but I finally quit, because I couldn't stand the hours."

-Author Unknown

Mega Hertz
Posts: 4309
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:09 pm
Location: Brighton

Re: 96.7 W244EN Flint/Lapeer. Junkalator

Post by Mega Hertz » Sat Dec 02, 2023 3:32 pm

Ben Zonia wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2023 11:14 am
The outer contours receive cochannel interference in some areas from CHYR-FM, WRGZ, and other stations on 96.7, and translators in the Detroit Area on 96.7. But if you are on the right side of the hills, you can hear it, and quite quickly change over to the other 96.7 facilities as you get to the other side. MANY signals switch over around Auburn Hills North of Pontiac, and the high elevation areas of Livingston County.

Image
Hmm. This piques my curiosity. Perhaps I'll tune in to 96.7 and see what I get. If edj is getting it in Hartland, I should be able to pull it here.
"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

Deleted User 16144

Re: 96.7 W244EN Flint/Lapeer. Junkalator

Post by Deleted User 16144 » Sat Dec 02, 2023 6:38 pm

Mega Hertz wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2023 3:32 pm
Ben Zonia wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2023 11:14 am
The outer contours receive cochannel interference in some areas from CHYR-FM, WRGZ, and other stations on 96.7, and translators in the Detroit Area on 96.7. But if you are on the right side of the hills, you can hear it, and quite quickly change over to the other 96.7 facilities as you get to the other side. MANY signals switch over around Auburn Hills North of Pontiac, and the high elevation areas of Livingston County.

Image
Hmm. This piques my curiosity. Perhaps I'll tune in to 96.7 and see what I get. If edj is getting it in Hartland, I should be able to pull it here.
That’s is one hell of a signal for a translator.

ChrisWL1980
Posts: 840
Joined: Wed Nov 06, 2019 2:36 am

Re: 96.7 W244EN Flint/Lapeer. Junkalator

Post by ChrisWL1980 » Sat Dec 02, 2023 8:22 pm

Ben Zonia wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2023 11:14 am
The outer contours receive cochannel interference in some areas from CHYR-FM, WRGZ, and other stations on 96.7, and translators in the Detroit Area on 96.7. But if you are on the right side of the hills, you can hear it, and quite quickly change over to the other 96.7 facilities as you get to the other side. MANY signals switch over around Auburn Hills North of Pontiac, and the high elevation areas of Livingston County.

Image
WRGZ makes it that far south? I've picked them up in Whitmore Lake a few times during summer tropo, but I didn't think them getting as far south as Saginaw was a regular occurrence.
Here in Whitmore Lake (just beyond the "barely perceptible" contour for W244EN) I typically get a mix of CHYR, WUFN and W244EN. The frequency was already a mess before the translator signed on; now it's even more so.

Willie108
Posts: 889
Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2007 11:43 am
Location: Flint Twp.

Re: 96.7 W244EN Flint/Lapeer. Junkalator

Post by Willie108 » Sat Dec 02, 2023 10:24 pm

Is this translator on the old Channel 28 tower??

User avatar
Ben Zonia
Posts: 2260
Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2006 10:35 pm
Location: Honor

Re: 96.7 W244EN Flint/Lapeer. Junkalator

Post by Ben Zonia » Sat Dec 02, 2023 10:49 pm

Willie108 wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2023 10:24 pm
Is this translator on the old Channel 28 tower??
Yes, that's where it is. WFUM(FM) 91.1 is still on that tower.

It's about the equivalent of a 2 kW/100 meter HAAT facility, or about an old 3 kW/250 foot HAAT Class A. There are several translators in the state like this. The problem with many large city translators is they are limited to 99 watts or less, despite ~1000 foot HAATs, because the second adjacents to local stations are on IF Beat frequencies, 53 or 54 channels apart. The other problem with the Detroit Area translators is that most of them get interference from all the new stations in Canada on second adjacent channels just across the border that interfere with them. Most also protect those stations to 34 dBu F(50,10) on Canadian land. Detroit is definitely one of the most crowded dial areas in the country.
"I had a job for a while as an announcer at WWV but I finally quit, because I couldn't stand the hours."

-Author Unknown

User avatar
Ben Zonia
Posts: 2260
Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2006 10:35 pm
Location: Honor

Re: 96.7 W244EN Flint/Lapeer. Junkalator

Post by Ben Zonia » Sun Dec 03, 2023 12:01 am

ChrisWL1980 wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2023 8:22 pm
Ben Zonia wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2023 11:14 am
The outer contours receive cochannel interference in some areas from CHYR-FM, WRGZ, and other stations on 96.7, and translators in the Detroit Area on 96.7. But if you are on the right side of the hills, you can hear it, and quite quickly change over to the other 96.7 facilities as you get to the other side. MANY signals switch over around Auburn Hills North of Pontiac, and the high elevation areas of Livingston County.

Image
WRGZ makes it that far south? I've picked them up in Whitmore Lake a few times during summer tropo, but I didn't think them getting as far south as Saginaw was a regular occurrence.
Here in Whitmore Lake (just beyond the "barely perceptible" contour for W244EN) I typically get a mix of CHYR, WUFN and W244EN. The frequency was already a mess before the translator signed on; now it's even more so.
WRGZ may come in near there more frequently because of the tropospheric effects of Lake Huron.
"I had a job for a while as an announcer at WWV but I finally quit, because I couldn't stand the hours."

-Author Unknown

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic