Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

More layoffs going down at Sinclair Stations including Flint

Miss the posts from your favorite flame artist or troll who added little to no value to the Buzzboard? Read 'em here!
keto

Re: More layoffs going down at Sinclair Stations including Flint

Post by keto » Wed Mar 22, 2023 9:14 am

MasterB wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2023 12:57 am
I can't wait for Sinklair to expose what went down at 25/66, meaning Nellie will be put on blast along with ND that went to KOMO in Seattle. Why wait another year since you didn't sign the NDA and they don't know who you are other than Sinklair that is obsessed with Sinclair LOL :lol.
Excellent catch, MasterB.

Sinklair is proving to be unreliable at best. Saying no NDA was signed, yet saying more can be said in 12 months.

Sinklair has zero credibility.

keto

Post by keto » Wed Mar 22, 2023 12:46 pm

sinklair wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2023 9:57 am
That’s an interesting take Keto… it seems you’re more interested in protecting corporate NDAs than the free flow of info. You’d be great Sinclair management material.

Name one thing I’ve said in the Buzzboard that was factually incorrect. Those who tend to criticize me usually end up looking like fools themselves when I’m proven right.
Easy peasy lemon-squeezy.

“Non disclosure agreement— basically it says you can’t say anything about your time with Sinclair or they could sue you. That’s why I refused to sign it… as have many ex-employees.

Trust me when I say after 12 months have passed, I will have MUCH more to say and will be even freer to disclose some of the horrible stuff that went on when I was at WEYI. So stay tuned.”

Now give me a hard one.

keto

Post by keto » Thu Mar 23, 2023 8:16 am

sinklair wrote:
Thu Mar 23, 2023 2:02 am
Steve: you’re right on the money. While I doubt any firm decision has been made, it’s not hard to follow the dots. This is the same playbook they used before a “formal” hubbing announcement was made in Toledo and other Sinclair markets. It’s a matter of time — not if, but when hubbing takes place. It’s time for anyone at my former station to start polishing up your resumes. Don’t believe anything coming from the corner office, just look at what’s happening (cutting newscasts and staff) and use logic to figure out what the long term plan is.
“Former station,” yet you wrote this earlier this month.

“The graphics are hubbed out. We use the same graphics templates as other Sinclair stations. It doesn’t allow stations to have their own look, but we also get a more refined, bigger market look than if we were to go on our own. It was an instant upgrade when Sinclair took over and we received new graphics over the in house version that Barrington used.”

“We.” “We”?

You don’t work there, but you still identify as being there?

keto

Post by keto » Thu Mar 23, 2023 10:24 am

sinklair wrote:
Thu Mar 23, 2023 8:43 am
Keto: It’s written in past tense
“The graphics are hubbed out. We *use* the same graphics templates as other Sinclair stations. It doesn’t allow stations to have their own look, but we also *get* a more refined, bigger market look than if we were to go on our own. It was an instant upgrade when Sinclair took over and we received new graphics over the in house version that Barrington used.”

“Use” and “get” are present tense.

And you still haven’t answered the NDA factual inaccuracies.

C’mon! Give me a hard one!

keto

Post by keto » Thu Mar 23, 2023 7:46 pm

Chrocket87 wrote:
Thu Mar 23, 2023 7:01 pm
keto wrote:
Thu Mar 23, 2023 10:24 am
sinklair wrote:
Thu Mar 23, 2023 8:43 am
Keto: It’s written in past tense
C’mon! Give me a hard one!
That’s what she said.
Well played.

keto

Post by keto » Fri Mar 24, 2023 2:42 pm

cathouse1974 wrote:
Fri Mar 24, 2023 2:33 pm
So who got laid off at 25/66? And which newscasts are going away? Is 10 p.m. staying?
I saw on Bill Harris’ Facebook page that two of the three members of “Team Harris” had their last day March 16. So apparently Bill was doing some behind the scenes work. Sad to see a man of his magnitude get let go from two stations in this market.

Here what he said on March 16:

“ Last day for two of the three members of "Team Harris."
Just updated my top line FB image page to celebrate St. Patrick's Day. I was shocked to see I haven't posted anything on my personal page since Hannah's January 18 post about both of us returning, temporarily, to the NBC25/FOX66 newsroom to help produce the early newscasts. (It's been a while since I've worked consecutive 8 or 9 hour days! LOL)
Coincidentally, today, I can post that yesterday was our last day in the newsroom. Our mission, I think/hope, successfully completed.
While there were many "challenging" times the last two months, there were also many more moments of pride. More importantly, we got the chance to work along side a number of dedicated and talented "next generation" young journalists, producers and directors. I/we are thankful for this wonderful opportunity to lend a helping hand and possibly provide some instruction. I/we wish the best to all of our former co-workers. Thank you all to make us feel at home and members of the family! 🥰

keto

Post by keto » Mon Mar 27, 2023 9:01 am

These Sinclair employees, or former employees, should write a book about this. Those managers are truly evil.

keto

Post by keto » Tue Apr 04, 2023 10:49 am

What in the actual H is going on?

Click on "staff" and you get this:

https://midmichigannow.com/station

Three people. Three.

You have to click on "see more" to notice there are a total of seven on-air people. Seven.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic