Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Negative Posts

Discussion pertaining to the Tri-Cities, Flint, Mt. Pleasant, and Bad Axe
sinklair

Negative Posts

Post by sinklair » Sun Dec 04, 2022 12:26 pm

25-66 news anchor Dave Bondy — recovering from the flu — writes a lengthy posts about the negativity he’s seeing in social media. The nut of his post says:

“Over the last few days I’ve had time to review a lot of my posts and comments. The negativity is out of control.

Yes, we live in a crazy time and there’s a lot of bad stuff going on — but I want to dedicate more time to focusing on the positive. I believe you should do this as well.

It seems so many people are obsessed with the negativity. It’s not good for you.

I know it’s bad when I post a pic of a cute dog and the comments quickly get political. Stop it. Not everything is political, not everything is a conspiracy theory. Sometimes things are just good and wholesome. Let’s celebrate those things.”

I’m glad Dave had finally seen the light. The problem is he’s been a key “influencer” in the negativity… posting MAGA articles to ramp up social interactions, likes, comments and shares.

And while Dave says he wants to focus on positivity, he at the same time continues to post negative national stories from Sinclair and other media outlets… covering Elon Musk, mass murders, fentanyl drug overdoses, abortion controversy, Trump documents, negative economy stories, etc.

You can’t say you want to be positive and then be intentional in your social media story selection to focus on ramping up Republican talking points.

There is an absolutely genuine need to provide light in a very dark world. I just don’t Dave Bondy is that savior for mid-Michigan viewers despite his words to the contrary. Dave needs a social media detox. He is literally addicted to posting negative articles because he knows he will get engagement online. He could be even more popular if he got rid of this crap, focused on local journalism, and provided a focus on the local people making a difference here in mid-Michigan.

Be better, Dave.

Matt

Re: Negative Posts

Post by Matt » Sun Dec 04, 2022 1:43 pm

sinklair wrote:
Sun Dec 04, 2022 12:26 pm
25-66 news anchor Dave Bondy — recovering from the flu — writes a lengthy posts about the negativity he’s seeing in social media. The nut of his post says:

“Over the last few days I’ve had time to review a lot of my posts and comments. The negativity is out of control.

Yes, we live in a crazy time and there’s a lot of bad stuff going on — but I want to dedicate more time to focusing on the positive. I believe you should do this as well.

It seems so many people are obsessed with the negativity. It’s not good for you.

I know it’s bad when I post a pic of a cute dog and the comments quickly get political. Stop it. Not everything is political, not everything is a conspiracy theory. Sometimes things are just good and wholesome. Let’s celebrate those things.”

I’m glad Dave had finally seen the light. The problem is he’s been a key “influencer” in the negativity… posting MAGA articles to ramp up social interactions, likes, comments and shares.

And while Dave says he wants to focus on positivity, he at the same time continues to post negative national stories from Sinclair and other media outlets… covering Elon Musk, mass murders, fentanyl drug overdoses, abortion controversy, Trump documents, negative economy stories, etc.

You can’t say you want to be positive and then be intentional in your social media story selection to focus on ramping up Republican talking points.

There is an absolutely genuine need to provide light in a very dark world. I just don’t Dave Bondy is that savior for mid-Michigan viewers despite his words to the contrary. Dave needs a social media detox. He is literally addicted to posting negative articles because he knows he will get engagement online. He could be even more popular if he got rid of this crap, focused on local journalism, and provided a focus on the local people making a difference here in mid-Michigan.

Be better, Dave.
Stink, you need to become self aware.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Mon Dec 05, 2022 6:03 am

Not sure what you mean by your last post, Matt. Since you once again go off topic and make a personal attack against me.

Do you disagree that Bondy’s post is contradictory with his actual social media strategy? My goal was to point out the hypocrisy that Bondy wants to reduce negative social media engagement, but posts articles that only encourage viewers to write about controversial topics like national politics.

My observation was if Bondy wants more positive social media engagement then that starts with him. He shouldn’t blame the viewers who are only taking his lead.

Soundchaser

Post by Soundchaser » Mon Dec 05, 2022 3:53 pm

sinklair wrote:
Mon Dec 05, 2022 6:03 am
Not sure what you mean by your last post, Matt. Since you once again go off topic and make a personal attack against me.

Do you disagree that Bondy’s post is contradictory with his actual social media strategy? My goal was to point out the hypocrisy that Bondy wants to reduce negative social media engagement, but posts articles that only encourage viewers to write about controversial topics like national politics.

My observation was if Bondy wants more positive social media engagement then that starts with him. He shouldn’t blame the viewers who are only taking his lead.
Stink,
I think what Matt means is, you are the king of hate and negativity. Maybe before you call someone else on it you should look in the mirror.

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Mon Dec 05, 2022 9:07 pm

How dare you, Soundchaser, put words in the mouth of Matt!!!

Matt knows I only have love in my heart. Matt knows I care for the success of my former coworkers. Matt knows I don’t suffer fools, especially management who don’t like to be called out for idiotic decisions. And Matt knows that my word is the truth, which is why posters here like to attack me… because they can’t argue with facts.

And the facts are this… Bondy continues to post divisive stories like gay marriage debate… and then feigns surprise when the discussion turns negative. Dave does nothing to moderate the debate. He posts a pet photo and thinks that will balance the negativity? Hardly.

If Dave is true to his word, he’ll drop the controversial national posts aimed at division… and instead offering up positive local news. I hope he succeeds in this effort. Many viewers are just tuning out the news/noise because it is no longer relevant to our lives.

Kind of like Matt and Soundchaser’s opinions…

Realist

Post by Realist » Mon Dec 05, 2022 9:11 pm

While I know a certain poster in this topic is going to attack me, I really don’t feel that Sinklair is full of the hate and negativity that at least 2 folks posting here do.

WHY?

Because I’m in the same situation with moron management like he was at 25/66. I’ve been working 25+ years at my employer and have never seen so much incompetence from upper management, not only in my office but the layers above them, as I have in the past few years. Common sense completely thrown out the window. Being asked to do more and more in an attempt to CYA. Then they wonder why we have so much turnover in our office from people fleeing. I’ve got 2 more years left, am planning on burning my enormous amount of sick leave that I won’t get paid for otherwise and fleeing. I’ll work a few more years part time but need to get out from an environment where I work for a bunch of overpaid morons that forgot how to do my job, leading to too much stress in our work environment.

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Mon Dec 05, 2022 9:34 pm

Realist: thank you for fighting the good fight. We need more people to stand up for what’s right. It’s the only way things are going to change for the better.

GMs who come from the sales department running stations on the cheap. News Directors who are willing to hire under qualified staff to keep payroll expenses low. Making producers, reporters, and photographers do more with less… running them into the ground. Not including your staff in major decisions that will affect their work day and quality of journalism. And managers who don’t understand we have a life outside of work…

We need more people willing to fight for putting our employees, our viewers first. Happy employees will create quality journalism which will attract more viewers on all our platforms.

But that’s logic that seems to escape managers at local Flint-Saginaw TV stations.

Matt

Post by Matt » Mon Dec 05, 2022 10:07 pm

Realist wrote:
Mon Dec 05, 2022 9:11 pm
While I know a certain poster in this topic is going to attack me, I really don’t feel that Sinklair is full of the hate and negativity that at least 2 folks posting here do.

WHY?

Because I’m in the same situation with moron management like he was at 25/66. I’ve been working 25+ years at my employer and have never seen so much incompetence from upper management, not only in my office but the layers above them, as I have in the past few years. Common sense completely thrown out the window. Being asked to do more and more in an attempt to CYA. Then they wonder why we have so much turnover in our office from people fleeing. I’ve got 2 more years left, am planning on burning my enormous amount of sick leave that I won’t get paid for otherwise and fleeing. I’ll work a few more years part time but need to get out from an environment where I work for a bunch of overpaid morons that forgot how to do my job, leading to too much stress in our work environment.
I don't attack you. I also can't imagine you droning on for years AFTER you retire from your current position. I also think that Sinclair is a shit company - my problem is that the OP can't let it go.

What's more pathetic: harassing an old man who is paying to do a radio show or supporting a grifter like Trump?

Realist

Post by Realist » Mon Dec 05, 2022 10:21 pm

Matt wrote:
Mon Dec 05, 2022 10:07 pm
Realist wrote:

WHY?

I don't attack you. I also can't imagine you droning on for years AFTER you retire from your current position. I also think that Sinclair is a shit company - my problem is that the OP can't let it go.
Debatable in the attack statement.

I WILL tell people not to come work for the division of the place I work for as I would definitely not recommend it

cathouse1974

Post by cathouse1974 » Tue Dec 06, 2022 12:41 am

Bondy is now in quiet lockstep with his Republican overlords, who are trying to find a non-confrontational way to move past the Don and his crooked cabal.

Matt

Post by Matt » Tue Dec 06, 2022 10:45 am

Realist wrote:
Mon Dec 05, 2022 10:21 pm
Matt wrote:
Mon Dec 05, 2022 10:07 pm
Realist wrote:

WHY?

Debatable in the attack statement.

I WILL tell people not to come work for the division of the place I work for as I would definitely not recommend it
Your work is more meaningful than the mismanagement at a TV station, wouldn't you say?

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Tue Dec 06, 2022 12:06 pm

Always love the holidays here at the Buzzboard... I can feel the warmth all the way up here.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Bobbert

Post by Bobbert » Tue Dec 06, 2022 12:21 pm

I once heard the co-host on the Mitch Albom show talk about how social media browsing often makes people feel more angry. I've remembered that every time I browse social media.

smallwonder

Post by smallwonder » Tue Dec 06, 2022 10:26 pm

Bondy went from one of the most promising anchors to least liked.

turn up the radio! mighty in might!

MasterB

Post by MasterB » Tue Dec 06, 2022 11:51 pm

Do better Dave Bondy post the dog photos leave the politics off the station-branded social media you just want the reaction to be good or bad. I'm surprised that Scott Jones hasn't put Dave Bondy on blast.

Go Pistons, Let's Go Redwings.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic