Acceptable registrations in the queue through June 29, 2022 at 6:45a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Brad Sugden out at 12 to be chief in Lansing

Discussion pertaining to the Tri-Cities, Flint, Mt. Pleasant, and Bad Axe
Soundchaser
Posts: 32
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2022 5:01 pm

Re: Brad Sugden out at 12 to be chief in Lansing

Post by Soundchaser » Tue Jun 21, 2022 6:51 pm

Brad, you're just another one in the long and illustrious list of people that have abandoned ABC12 because of terrible management. The Chief Engineer ran off his entire engineering team. A News Director that is burning up people left and right. Not a hard decision to leave a place like that.



Under New Management
Posts: 57
Joined: Wed May 18, 2022 6:38 am

Re: Brad Sugden out at 12 to be chief in Lansing

Post by Under New Management » Tue Jun 21, 2022 11:00 pm

Good luck Brad! But I don’t understand the new gig. You’ll be Chief Meteorologist for a Lansing station… but you won’t even live or work in the Lansing market? This seems like a new trend of working out of market. Although Grand Rapids is a great city.



MasterB
Posts: 821
Joined: Sun Apr 23, 2006 2:59 pm
Location: Kalamazoo

Re: Brad Sugden out at 12 to be chief in Lansing

Post by MasterB » Wed Jun 22, 2022 12:27 am

Will you be seen on Fox17 in GR from time to time or just WSYM Fox47?


Go Pistons, Let's Go Redwings.

Matt
Posts: 6339
Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 12:18 pm
Location: Ann Arbor

Re: Brad Sugden out at 12 to be chief in Lansing

Post by Matt » Wed Jun 22, 2022 8:01 pm

Under New Management wrote:
Tue Jun 21, 2022 11:00 pm
Good luck Brad! But I don’t understand the new gig. You’ll be Chief Meteorologist for a Lansing station… but you won’t even live or work in the Lansing market? This seems like a new trend of working out of market. Although Grand Rapids is a great city.
Same complaint Stink had about people at his old station not living in shitty flint...



Under New Management
Posts: 57
Joined: Wed May 18, 2022 6:38 am

Re: Brad Sugden out at 12 to be chief in Lansing

Post by Under New Management » Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:17 am

Sounds like Sinklair may have a point. Not sure how you’re expected to effectively cover the community you serve or participate in community events if you live in another market an hour plus away. Even so, getting out of ABC12 is a good career move these days.



Soundchaser
Posts: 32
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2022 5:01 pm

Re: Brad Sugden out at 12 to be chief in Lansing

Post by Soundchaser » Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:25 am

Under New Management wrote:
Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:17 am
Sounds like Sinklair may have a point. Not sure how you’re expected to effectively cover the community you serve or participate in community events if you live in another market an hour plus away. Even so, getting out of ABC12 is a good career move these days.
Stinklair to Stinklair, I think I agree with Stinklair. Amazing!



Under New Management
Posts: 57
Joined: Wed May 18, 2022 6:38 am

Re: Brad Sugden out at 12 to be chief in Lansing

Post by Under New Management » Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:26 am

Soundchaser: making a living out of trolling online forums without adding any useful perspective. Good job, buddy!



Soundchaser
Posts: 32
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2022 5:01 pm

Re: Brad Sugden out at 12 to be chief in Lansing

Post by Soundchaser » Thu Jun 23, 2022 3:50 pm

Under New Management wrote:
Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:26 am
Soundchaser: making a living out of trolling online forums without adding any useful perspective. Good job, buddy!
Awe shucks Stink. I don't make any money doing this. I do it for the shear pleasure. As far as being a troll. As Stink you took the art to a whole new level. And then to come back as UNM! Bravo! You can change your name, but its really hard to change your M.O.



Under New Management
Posts: 57
Joined: Wed May 18, 2022 6:38 am

Re: Brad Sugden out at 12 to be chief in Lansing

Post by Under New Management » Thu Jun 23, 2022 7:13 pm

Soundchaser: You don’t seem to disagree with my observations about how bad our local stations have become. If that makes me the new Sinklair in your mind, so be it.

Fact is so many ABC12ers have left the station recently because of Denise, Skip, and others. If you want to confirm that, just ask around. Won’t be hard for you to find someone on Lapeer Road who is planning their exit.



Soundchaser
Posts: 32
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2022 5:01 pm

Re: Brad Sugden out at 12 to be chief in Lansing

Post by Soundchaser » Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:31 pm

Under New Management wrote:
Thu Jun 23, 2022 7:13 pm
Soundchaser: You don’t seem to disagree with my observations about how bad our local stations have become. If that makes me the new Sinklair in your mind, so be it.

Fact is so many ABC12ers have left the station recently because of Denise, Skip, and others. If you want to confirm that, just ask around. Won’t be hard for you to find someone on Lapeer Road who is planning their exit.
Stink, I don't agree with much of anything you have to offer. The fact is, the mass exodus from ABC12 started about 7 years ago with engineering, programming, promotion and weather moving over to 25/66. The fact that you have maligned so many good people over the years on this board amazes me. It's funny that if you would have waited a few months instead of quitting, the news directors job could have been yours. Your dad would have been proud.



Matt
Posts: 6339
Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2004 12:18 pm
Location: Ann Arbor

Re: Brad Sugden out at 12 to be chief in Lansing

Post by Matt » Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:36 pm

Soundchaser wrote:
Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:31 pm
Under New Management wrote:
Thu Jun 23, 2022 7:13 pm
Soundchaser: You don’t seem to disagree with my observations about how bad our local stations have become. If that makes me the new Sinklair in your mind, so be it.

Fact is so many ABC12ers have left the station recently because of Denise, Skip, and others. If you want to confirm that, just ask around. Won’t be hard for you to find someone on Lapeer Road who is planning their exit.
Stink, I don't agree with much of anything you have to offer. The fact is, the mass exodus from ABC12 started about 7 years ago with engineering, programming, promotion and weather moving over to 25/66. The fact that you have maligned so many good people over the years on this board amazes me. It's funny that if you would have waited a few months instead of quitting, the news directors job could have been yours. Your dad would have been proud.
Stink liar quit? I assumed he was fired because he bitched about his non-compete.



Soundchaser
Posts: 32
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2022 5:01 pm

Re: Brad Sugden out at 12 to be chief in Lansing

Post by Soundchaser » Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:49 pm

Matt wrote:
Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:36 pm
Soundchaser wrote:
Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:31 pm
Under New Management wrote:
Thu Jun 23, 2022 7:13 pm
Soundchaser: You don’t seem to disagree with my observations about how bad our local stations have become. If that makes me the new Sinklair in your mind, so be it.

Fact is so many ABC12ers have left the station recently because of Denise, Skip, and others. If you want to confirm that, just ask around. Won’t be hard for you to find someone on Lapeer Road who is planning their exit.
Stink, I don't agree with much of anything you have to offer. The fact is, the mass exodus from ABC12 started about 7 years ago with engineering, programming, promotion and weather moving over to 25/66. The fact that you have maligned so many good people over the years on this board amazes me. It's funny that if you would have waited a few months instead of quitting, the news directors job could have been yours. Your dad would have been proud.
Stink liar quit? I assumed he was fired because he bitched about his non-compete.
The world may never know.



Post Reply Previous topicNext topic