Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

25-66: F the Holidays

Discussion pertaining to the Tri-Cities, Flint, Mt. Pleasant, and Bad Axe
sinklair

25-66: F the Holidays

Post by sinklair » Sat Dec 04, 2021 9:13 am

For years, one of the things I’ve loved about working at 25-66 was around the holidays the station did some amazing work to focus on charities and special programming. Now? None of it.

Our dearly departed GM, our ASSistant GM/Promotions Manager, our Director of Declining Sales and our In Over Her Head News Director have gutted every holiday initiative that doesn’t come with significant financial incentives for management. In fact, they have incentive to not do anything since they get bonuses for reducing expenses. So their positions is to “f” the community needs like supporting Toys for Tots.

Hence, activities like Friday’s Toys for Tots campaign were ignored.

There won’t be our annual celebration of music. Our “Classy Brassy Christmas” concert at the Capitol Theatre has been cancelled by the 25-66 grinches who are running this station into the ground. We used to have a staff party that was the envy of the other two stations… that’s also been gutted.

Previous managers believed that it was our responsibility as a TV station to support these activities. They now believe their only responsibility is to control costs.

25-66 managers don’t believe charitable work benefits the station. They don’t believe it builds important community relations. They don’t believe it improves employee morale.

So, it appears the hearts of 25-66 managers are indeed two sizes too small.

rugratsonline

Re: 25-66: F the Holidays

Post by rugratsonline » Sat Dec 04, 2021 6:27 pm

sinklair wrote:
Sat Dec 04, 2021 9:13 am
So, it appears the hearts of 25-66 managers are indeed two sizes too small.
If they had a heart to begin with.

MasterB

Post by MasterB » Sun Dec 05, 2021 1:18 am

Give the bosses a lump of coal Sinklair I'm sure they will like the gift from you LMAO.

Go Pistons, Let's Go Redwings.

rugratsonline

Post by rugratsonline » Sun Dec 05, 2021 8:42 pm

Reagan4prez wrote:
Sun Dec 05, 2021 5:37 pm
sinklair wrote:
Sat Dec 04, 2021 9:13 am
For years, one of the things I’ve loved about working at 25-66 was around the holidays the station did some amazing work to focus on charities and special programming. Now? None of it.

There won’t be our annual celebration of music. Our “Classy Brassy Christmas” concert at the Capitol Theatre has been cancelled by the 25-66 grinches who are running this station into the ground.
Classy Brassy Christmas was recorded the same day as the Oxford shooting. It will air a December 18. Why did you say it was cancelled?
Unless they cancelled the broadcast at the very last minute -- which I doubt very much, as it already took place and recorded. Unless it's scheduled to appear on a station other than 25 or 66.

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Mon Dec 06, 2021 8:05 am

The event at Flint’s Capitol Theatre is not being held. But as many of you (corrected me on) it gave the wrong impression that Classy Brassy Christmas and More wasn’t being held. It is. It was taped last week up in Saginaw with the Saginaw Bay Symphony Orchestra.

My poorly written post (my fault) was aimed more at the change in focus from a Flint event focused on community music groups, which differentiated it from what ABC 12 does with its Holiday Pops concert with the Flint Symphony.

Thank you for everyone who helped correct the narrative (including the kind words from the direct message I received.)

As I hold my bosses accountable for their words, I should also get it right.

Bill Harris and the team put a lot of hours to make this a great award-winning program every year. I apologize if my post took away from that focus.

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Mon Dec 06, 2021 8:22 pm

It is sponsored (by Elga Credit Union). But I seriously doubt we are making any serious cash. This is a show that requires a lot of overtime in planning, the broadcast and post-production work. It is more a programming and community outreach play (even though our ASSistant GM/Promotion Director really doesn’t have much to do with this show).

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic