Acceptable registrations in the queue through January 10 at 7:30a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Format adjustment at 97.3 Joe FM?

Discussion pertaining to the Tri-Cities, Flint, Mt. Pleasant, and Bad Axe
User avatar
MWmetalhead
Site Admin
Posts: 4812
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2004 11:23 am

Format adjustment at 97.3 Joe FM?

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Jan 03, 2021 8:29 am

Music seems to be heavily 80's based now. So far - sounds decent.

Haven't heard anything more recent than the early 90's in my listening so far.


Tesla cars are overpriced rolling shitboxes on wheels.

BayCityJohn2337
Posts: 65
Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:36 pm

Re: Format adjustment at 97.3 Joe FM?

Post by BayCityJohn2337 » Sun Jan 03, 2021 7:32 pm

A few months ago Joe FM played......
Maroon 5, Michael Jackson and Walk this way by Aerosmith every day. Sometimes twice a day.

The advantage of WMJO is its ability to penetrate buildings in Bay City.



organman95
Posts: 297
Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:49 pm

Re: Format adjustment at 97.3 Joe FM?

Post by organman95 » Sun Jan 03, 2021 11:10 pm

BayCityJohn2337 wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 7:32 pm
A few months ago Joe FM played......
Maroon 5, Michael Jackson and Walk this way by Aerosmith every day. Sometimes twice a day.
Thats what happens when it isn't local programmed



Realist
Posts: 310
Joined: Wed Dec 13, 2006 10:36 pm
Location: Northern Michigan

Re: Format adjustment at 97.3 Joe FM?

Post by Realist » Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:24 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 8:29 am
Music seems to be heavily 80's based now. So far - sounds decent.

Haven't heard anything more recent than the early 90's in my listening so far.
Was in a business yesterday that had it on and heard 3 straight decent 80’s rock songs in a row

Tuned in tonight in the car for a longer listen. New slogan is “Your at work 80’s and more station”. Heard a Hootie and the Blowfish song, along with “Rock and Roll all nite” by Kiss, but everything else was 80’s. Not bad sounding but I turned them off a couple of times when a couple of wussy songs (Missing you by John Waite and Forever Young by Rod Stewart) came on


FINALLY! Our long 4 year national nightmare of the most corrupt President ever is OVER!

AuburnViewer
Posts: 18
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2020 6:25 pm

Re: Format adjustment at 97.3 Joe FM?

Post by AuburnViewer » Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:56 pm

I heard hip-hop music on Joe FM today for the first time. Don't we already have enough stations playing that already? I really miss the format the WHNN had when the called themselves Classic 96 and played mostly 60's, 70,s, and 80's music.



Realist
Posts: 310
Joined: Wed Dec 13, 2006 10:36 pm
Location: Northern Michigan

Re: Format adjustment at 97.3 Joe FM?

Post by Realist » Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:33 pm

AuburnViewer wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:56 pm
I heard hip-hop music on Joe FM today for the first time. Don't we already have enough stations playing that already? I really miss the format the WHNN had when the called themselves Classic 96 and played mostly 60's, 70,s, and 80's music.
What was the song?


FINALLY! Our long 4 year national nightmare of the most corrupt President ever is OVER!

AuburnViewer
Posts: 18
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2020 6:25 pm

Re: Format adjustment at 97.3 Joe FM?

Post by AuburnViewer » Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:48 am

Realist wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:33 pm
AuburnViewer wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:56 pm
I heard hip-hop music on Joe FM today for the first time. Don't we already have enough stations playing that already? I really miss the format the WHNN had when the called themselves Classic 96 and played mostly 60's, 70,s, and 80's music.
What was the song?
I don't know. I'm not a fan of hip hop so I changed the station.



Realist
Posts: 310
Joined: Wed Dec 13, 2006 10:36 pm
Location: Northern Michigan

Re: Format adjustment at 97.3 Joe FM?

Post by Realist » Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:40 pm

Just wondering if it was Walk this way by Run DMC / Aerosmith or Ice Ice Baby by Vanilla Ice


FINALLY! Our long 4 year national nightmare of the most corrupt President ever is OVER!

BayCityJohn2337
Posts: 65
Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:36 pm

Re: Format adjustment at 97.3 Joe FM?

Post by BayCityJohn2337 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:36 pm

Could of been Justin Timberlake Sexey Back?

This can all be avoided just put on WHEELS 104.5 WILZ FM



AuburnViewer
Posts: 18
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2020 6:25 pm

Re: Format adjustment at 97.3 Joe FM?

Post by AuburnViewer » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:52 pm

Realist wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:40 pm
Just wondering if it was Walk this way by Run DMC / Aerosmith or Ice Ice Baby by Vanilla Ice
It was neither of those.



Post Reply Previous topicNext topic