All accepted registrations through April 20 at 9:45a ET have been activated. Thank you! -M.W.

TV5 Weather

Discussion pertaining to the Tri-Cities, Flint, Mt. Pleasant, and Bad Axe
R Bedell
Posts: 80
Joined: Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:26 am
Location: Mid Michigan

TV5 Weather

Post by R Bedell » Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:42 pm

Seems a change in the TV5 Weather Team again. Out is Dan Giroux and the new one in is John Gross. Is there a back story to this or normal turn over...??



User avatar
TheForce
Posts: 816
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2007 6:12 pm

Re: TV5 Weather

Post by TheForce » Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:42 pm

Interesting... Giroux wasn't there all that long. Where is the new guy from?



R Bedell
Posts: 80
Joined: Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:26 am
Location: Mid Michigan

Re: TV5 Weather

Post by R Bedell » Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:39 am

I don't know where the new guy is from. It is reported that he went to CMU as his college education.



organman95
Posts: 132
Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:49 pm

Re: TV5 Weather

Post by organman95 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:01 am

R Bedell wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:39 am
I don't know where the new guy is from. It is reported that he went to CMU as his college education.
Well CMU is fairly typical of those in the Tri-Cities and Northern MI markets.



Mike
Posts: 36
Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:00 pm

Re: TV5 Weather

Post by Mike » Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:05 pm

Case in point: Chris Easlick.



lovinlife101
Posts: 1405
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:53 am

Re: TV5 Weather

Post by lovinlife101 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:57 am

R Bedell wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:42 pm
Seems a change in the TV5 Weather Team again. Out is Dan Giroux and the new one in is John Gross. Is there a back story to this or normal turn over...??
Giroux was just terrible. The worst. Having nothing during the weather segment would have been better. If you were at the gym and he came on, people would run to pick up the remote to turn him off.



Bdl
Posts: 71
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:06 am

Re: TV5 Weather

Post by Bdl » Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:32 am

Sounds like his contract ended. (possibly..just a guess as he started in November of 2016). Hope he was given some advanced warning.



User avatar
Luke
Posts: 76
Joined: Tue Dec 07, 2004 6:46 am

Re: TV5 Weather

Post by Luke » Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:23 pm

Image



lovinlife101
Posts: 1405
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:53 am

Re: TV5 Weather

Post by lovinlife101 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:13 am

Luke wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:23 pm
Image
Add a nails-on-a-chalkboard voice and you’ve got a perfect match.



Bdl
Posts: 71
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:06 am

Re: TV5 Weather

Post by Bdl » Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:35 am

lovinlife101 wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:57 am
Giroux was just terrible. The worst. Having nothing during the weather segment would have been better. If you were at the gym and he came on, people would run to pick up the remote to turn him off.
What a hypocrite. Always promoting peace and love. Anti-bullying. Would you say this to his face?



lovinlife101
Posts: 1405
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:53 am

Re: TV5 Weather

Post by lovinlife101 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:38 am

Bdl wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:35 am
lovinlife101 wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:57 am
Giroux was just terrible. The worst. Having nothing during the weather segment would have been better. If you were at the gym and he came on, people would run to pick up the remote to turn him off.
What a hypocrite. Always promoting peace and love. Anti-bullying. Would you say this to his face?
Being truthful is being peaceful and loving. Yes, I would say it to anyone’s face.



User avatar
SaginawSid
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:38 pm

Re: TV5 Weather

Post by SaginawSid » Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:28 am

Wish the guy nothing but the best, but seriously folks, not broadcasting material, T.V. or radio. Voice is downright creepy and sounds "helium" enhanced. Yikes! :wink: :wink:


"Hey Mr. Businessman, you can't dress like me."
-- Jimi Hendrix

lovinlife101
Posts: 1405
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:53 am

Re: TV5 Weather

Post by lovinlife101 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:26 pm

SaginawSid wrote:
Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:28 am
Wish the guy nothing but the best, but seriously folks, not broadcasting material, T.V. or radio. Voice is downright creepy and sounds "helium" enhanced. Yikes! :wink: :wink:
I wish him the only best, too. I’m sure he’s a really nice person.

But when the obituaries have better ratings, you’ve got to move on.



Post Reply Previous topicNext topic