Acceptable registrations in the queue through June 3 at 5:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Casey Jones exiting WOOD-TV

Discussion pertaining to Grand Rapids, Kalamazoo, Muskegon, Battle Creek, Big Rapids, and Michiana
Feature/writer

Casey Jones exiting WOOD-TV

Post by Feature/writer » Fri Jun 07, 2024 9:00 am

The former morning news show co-anchor and community affairs correspondent is leaving the station for the MAB! Here's his statement:

After 15 years, my final day at the station I love is June 17th.
I’ve accepted the role of President & CEO for the Michigan Association of Broadcasters and will join a rockstar team that works fiercely for broadcasters across the entire state.
When I was younger, I used to dream of working at WOOD TV – of being a part of the greats that represented this institution and more importantly, this community. There are few people who can say they did that, let alone every day for 15 years. It’s wild for me to look back on the 21-year-old who walked through those doors on day 1 and the places this career took him – World Series, Stanley Cup, Rose Bowl, presidential candidates, neighborhoods I would’ve never discovered, stories so personal I could feel the weight in telling them. Through tragedy and triumph, I always recognized what a privilege it was to be there.
I believe in this industry. I believe in the people who choose to not just make this a career, but a lifestyle of representing and informing communities. As I walk into the MAB on day 1, I will be equipped to lead and drive this industry forward because of those people – the broadcasters and communities who make up our great state. Thank you for continuing to shape me.

MasterB

Re: Casey Jones exiting WOOD-TV

Post by MasterB » Sun Jun 09, 2024 12:13 am

All the best Casey he'll do good as President & CEO at MAB.
Go Pistons, Let's Go Redwings.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sun Jun 09, 2024 9:46 am

He better watch his speed.
“Blessed are those who are righteous in his name.”
― Matt

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Jay2ThePee

Post by Jay2ThePee » Mon Jun 10, 2024 8:41 am

TC Talks wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2024 9:46 am
He better watch his speed.
I thank you.
:arrow: :rollin

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic