Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Beyonce and Country Music Part 2

Discussion pertaining to Grand Rapids, Kalamazoo, Muskegon, Battle Creek, Big Rapids, and Michiana
Reese K Rickards

Beyonce and Country Music Part 2

Post by Reese K Rickards » Mon Apr 08, 2024 9:17 am

I have waited a week for my post from a week ago Sunday to sink in.
Beyonce is still number one on the Billboard country chart, which completely discounts country radio AIRPLAY. MY original point.
On the I Heart Media Chart Beyonce remains a no show. A response to my original post alleged it was a few racist PD's who wouldn't play Beyonce because she is black. That is true. In fact it has been more than a few.
In the late 80's a female artist emerged from Canada. She had a voice that rivaled Patsy Cline and a few years later LeAnn Rimes. Her name is KD Lang. She was awesome and a Lesbian. When she came out, her country career was over. PD's in Texas and
Oklahoma were not gonna "play that bitch". I worked for one in a northern station, it hurt the format. But not enough to make any real difference.
So how is airplay working out? Mediabase shows Beyonce falling off this week.
TMZ? no mention. Last night's CMT music awards? She was a no show.

This morning's GMA it was all about Missy Elliott'
s concert tix going on sale. Beyonce who?

My original post was slightly misguided. I wrote about the eras in Country Music. Never was the format in more need of a reboot. It went through a Caribbean swing, It went through a bro-manse phase and now its going through another phase. I am very concerned about Jelly Roll. My kids are grown, but really, tattoos on the face? That is no role model.

I wrote originally, "I am amused by Network News talking heads who keep gushing over Beyonce's Country Album". Never was a format more in search of the next "Friends in low Places"

If I Heart GR really wanted to save money, it would sublet two of it's three floors at 77 Monroe Center.

andymuskegon

Re: Beyonce and Country Music Part 2

Post by andymuskegon » Mon Apr 08, 2024 10:38 am

Here's what I don't get. Beyonce records a country record and the world goes ape shit. Meanwhile, some fat fuck named Jellyroll crosses over from rap and he's the second coming. Drops mic
http://www.facebook.com/#!/andyoriley

zzand

Post by zzand » Mon Apr 08, 2024 10:57 am

She is up 47 spins at Number 31. UP spins so no fall off. Her chart position went down because others had higher up spin counts but she still had an up week. Not sure where you got your Mediabase info but as a full subscriber I can see her spin count. She had another up week. You posts are to start shit, so knock it off already.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Mon Apr 08, 2024 12:04 pm

47 spins is nothing. Anne Wilson is up 128 spins.

I must say B's timing is impeccable, Colt Ford is unable to tour.
Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Mon Apr 08, 2024 12:56 pm

Why should radio airplay be given greater weighting than digital downloads, streaming, etc. ?

Seems to me Billboard is the most balanced method of determining a current single's popularity.

I do wish to thank Reese for revisiting this topic; his OP for this thread was an excellent one.
Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Mon Apr 08, 2024 1:07 pm

Billboard is all about supporting Nashville promoter's agendas. Downloads can be manipulated and spoofed too.

I guess if a station refused to play c.rap from Colt Ford they are racist too?
Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Mon Apr 08, 2024 2:25 pm

He's Caucasian. I must admit - I am unfamiliar with his music (at least off-hand).
Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

radiofann

Post by radiofann » Mon Apr 08, 2024 2:30 pm

How did the career of that White Rapper Eminem work out? Any other White rappers (wrappers?) in the top 10 for urban, hip hop and rap charts?

I recall the recording industry went ballistic over the term “Urban” as a category in Grammys and other awards. Because all of a sudden the powers that be decided it implied negative racial terms as it connotated Urban being Black, poor, high crime area,etc . This was right after George Floyd.

Has the industry inched back to using the term? Because there is a whole radio company called “urban one” which did NOT change its name, including al sharpton “urban radio network”. The “urban league” and “urban institute” still use urban in their names.

And I am waiting for Keith Urban to be told to change his name to Keith Country because he clearly is a country singer and not an urban rap hip hop star,

Matt

Post by Matt » Mon Apr 08, 2024 6:52 pm

audiophile wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2024 12:04 pm
47 spins is nothing. Anne Wilson is up 128 spins.

I must say B's timing is impeccable, Colt Ford is unable to tour.
No one cares about Christian singers.
Voting for Trump is dumber than playing Russian Roulette with fully loaded chambers.

Graham Wellington

Post by Graham Wellington » Mon Apr 08, 2024 8:47 pm

andymuskegon wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2024 10:38 am
Here's what I don't get. Beyonce records a country record and the world goes ape shit. Meanwhile, some fat fuck named Jellyroll crosses over from rap and he's the second coming. Drops mic
Because your typical country music listener today is an uneducated fat fuck who lives in substandard housing and makes a living off government assistance. They see him as one of their own who made it.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:43 am

I'm sure that could be said for the audiences of many genres of music.

Autoblemike

Post by Autoblemike » Tue Apr 09, 2024 3:00 pm

I have a questions about modern day PDs. How many iHeart Country stations have their own PD? Last I heard, iHeart playlists were more corporatized. Can someone educate me? Thanks!

Autoblemike

Post by Autoblemike » Tue Apr 09, 2024 4:48 pm

Graham Wellington wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2024 8:47 pm
andymuskegon wrote:
Because your typical country music listener today is an uneducated fat fuck who lives in substandard housing and makes a living off government assistance. They see him as one of their own who made it.
What format would you say has the most educated, high-income/high net worth, with the least amount of government assistance?

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Tue Apr 09, 2024 4:59 pm

Autoblemike wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2024 4:48 pm
Graham Wellington wrote:
andymuskegon wrote:
What format would you say has the most educated, high-income/high net worth, with the least amount of government assistance?
Public Classical Radio, followed by Public News talk. The average education is masters +. Income and education aren't necessarily tied together. In fact, I read a study that the 1 percent had an average of C+ in school. These were mostly entrepreneurs with a bachelor's or online Masters.

Search PEW's site.
“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

jaywmi

Post by jaywmi » Wed Apr 10, 2024 8:41 am

I'd say Album Adult Alternative tends to have these parameters, followed by Adult Contemporary (traditional, as in what has been associated with dentist offices everywhere).
Autoblemike wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2024 4:48 pm
Graham Wellington wrote:
andymuskegon wrote:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic