Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

WZZM definitely pandering to southern portion of DMA

Discussion pertaining to Grand Rapids, Kalamazoo, Muskegon, Battle Creek, Big Rapids, and Michiana
MWmetalhead
Site Admin

WZZM definitely pandering to southern portion of DMA

Post by MWmetalhead » Sun Apr 07, 2024 6:36 am

On wzzm13.com this morning, of the first 7 or 8 stories I perused:
- Story receiving the second highest billing is from Cass County (not even in the DMA! South Bend serves that county)
- Headline from Battle Creek
- Headline from Kalamazoo

I wonder if 13 would ever consider leasing a subchannel on, say, the WGVK or WLLA towers to better serve southern tier viewers?

To their credit, cable, sat and streaming penetration is already good across the full DMA.

Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

BirdieKingBobo

Re: WZZM definitely pandering to southern portion of DMA

Post by BirdieKingBobo » Sun Apr 07, 2024 9:11 am

Did you know that if you spell Cassopolis backwards you get Silopossac ????

Bull Shannon

Post by Bull Shannon » Sun Apr 07, 2024 7:58 pm

I wonder if WZZM is experiencing increased viewership over WOTV in the southern part of the market, so they're starting to do more news coverage that way to draw more eyes away from WOOD and WWMT.
MWmetalhead wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2024 6:36 am
I wonder if 13 would ever consider leasing a subchannel on, say, the WGVK or WLLA towers to better serve southern tier viewers?
I would imagine there might be some legal and/or regulatory hurdles for WZZM to establish a repeater in the southern half of the market so long as WOTV exists as an ABC affiliate.

sinklair

Post by sinklair » Mon Apr 08, 2024 12:35 am

About time someone gave Kzoo viewers a choice.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic