Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Beyonce and Country Radio

Discussion pertaining to Grand Rapids, Kalamazoo, Muskegon, Battle Creek, Big Rapids, and Michiana
MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Re: Beyonce and Country Radio

Post by MWmetalhead » Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:17 am

Eminem hasn't released any country genre singles.

Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

Taco

Post by Taco » Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:22 pm

No, I was just saying how I feel about Beyonce on country radio is how I'd feel about Eminem if he made a country album. But the difference is I like Eminem.
MWmetalhead wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:17 am
Eminem hasn't released any country genre singles.
Woe to you, oh earth and sea
For the Devil sends the beast with wrath
Because he knows the time is short
Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast
For it is a human number
Its number is six hundred and sixty-six

ChrisWL1980

Post by ChrisWL1980 » Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:45 pm

Stick in a fork in it, it's done. "Texas Hold 'Em" has fallen out of the Top 50 in country airplay. It remains #1 on Hot Country Songs.
Meanwhile, it's also losing steam at CHR, Hot AC and Rhythmic and is also out of the Top 50 at Urban radio. Looks like not many stations put it in power, it's burned out quickly and will not be an enduring song for Beyonce at any format. Pop radio has moved on to the Miley Cyrus collab, though I wouldn't be surprised if that too gets lost in the shuffle with the excitement over the new Taylor Swift album.

audiophile

Post by audiophile » Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:27 pm

My research was spot on.

A country station playing this song should really reconsider if the MD has become too jaded to make wise formatic decisions.

Before adding a song, ask yourself if you can see yourself playing it a year or two from now...

Dang, maybe I should open a consultancy.
Ask not what your country can do FOR you; ask what they are about to do TO YOU!!

zzand

Post by zzand » Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:07 am

Interesting idea but flawed. If you did the research not only in country but any format for that matter there have been many songs that were popular that when they dropped off the charts just disappeared. The I Heart app has a lost song station on it. In this case the song was a mid chart flop. It has happened to core country artists too. No big deal. The question I have will her take on Jolene be released to country radio?

ChrisWL1980

Post by ChrisWL1980 » Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:27 pm

"Jolene" got some airplay on country stations as an "album bomb" when Cowboy Carter was first released. It has yet to show any additional activity at any format. If it does get released, I wouldn't expect it to do any better, as many country listeners are up in arms about the lyric changes, even though Dolly herself gave the cover her seal of approval.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:45 pm

I'm betting country radio airplay isn't Beyonce's goal with the album. Radio people can get so self absorbed.
As expected, Beyoncé has debuted at No. 1 on the Billboard 200 with “Cowboy Carter,” marking the biggest sales for an album so far in 2024.

“Cowboy,” which released on March 29, arrives with 407,000 equivalent album units, giving Beyoncé her eight topper on the chart. It marks the highest-performing bow since Taylor Swift’s “1989 (Taylor’s Version),” which moved 1.653 million units upon release in November, and earns Beyoncé her biggest streaming week ever.

The album, which is Beyoncé’s biggest sales week since 2016’s “Lemonade” (653,000 units), also makes her the first Black woman to ever debut at No. 1 on the Top Country Albums chart. It’s the best sales week for a country album since last July, when Swift’s “Speak Now” landed at the summit with 716,000 copies.
“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic