Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Brian James filling in at Wood TV 8 weather

Discussion pertaining to Grand Rapids, Kalamazoo, Muskegon, Battle Creek, Big Rapids, and Michiana
DeRock

Brian James filling in at Wood TV 8 weather

Post by DeRock » Wed Nov 22, 2023 2:09 pm

I have seen Brian several random times filling in at Wood TV weather. He fits right in like he belongs. He is doing the weather remotely from his studio in Texas. That's a novel solution to fill in the gaps when your chief meteorologist is on maternity leave. The station doesn't really acknowledge that he is a fill in or working remotely. The marvels of green screen and the internet. Or maybe he is using a satellite linkup?

From his LinkedIn post: https://www.linkedin.com/posts/bswiatow ... 7648-AwkE/

I had a very cool full-circle moment last week and this weekend! I was born and raised in Michigan. I grew up in a town outside of Grand Rapids ... the small community of Ada. I watched WOOD TV 8 a lot because I really liked the way the chief meteorologist, Craig James, did the weather. Skipping ahead, during my days at the University of Oklahoma, I came home to West Michigan over the summer and I was granted the opportunity to be a weather intern at WOOD TV 8. I worked with and learned so much from Terri DeBoer and Craig James. It was truly a dream come true for me.
Here we are, nearly 30 years later, and I'm getting the opportunity to help out WOOD TV remotely while they're a little short staffed. It's very cool to talk about the weather in my hometown area! Plus both my mom, dad, and stepdad live up there ... so they get to watch me for the next month and a half!

MasterB

Re: Brian James filling in at Wood TV 8 weather

Post by MasterB » Thu Nov 23, 2023 11:11 pm

That is cool to see Brian James doing weather for Wood TV and doing it remotely from his studio is that what Brian does with other local TV stations does the forecast for them? I knew Brian grew up in West Michigan I remember his debut when he was with WWMT in Oct 2007 was active night for severe thunderstorms around the area a couple of rounds. I know he didn't stay long left in Feb or March went back to the station he left before taking the WWMT weekend weather anchor. I know Brian worked at the NBC O&O in Dallas.
Go Pistons, Let's Go Redwings.

humblenewsman

Re: Brian James filling in at Wood TV 8 weather

Post by humblenewsman » Sun Nov 26, 2023 5:45 pm

I'll be interested to see the Chief's "Mom cave" when she's begins doing her remote forecasts - following suit with Bill's "Man cave"...

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic