Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 26 at 9:00p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Fox 17 Loses Anchor to WXYZ

Discussion pertaining to Grand Rapids, Kalamazoo, Muskegon, Battle Creek, Big Rapids, and Michiana
Localnewsisdead

Fox 17 Loses Anchor to WXYZ

Post by Localnewsisdead » Fri Sep 01, 2023 11:16 am

WXMI Morning anchor Ruta Ulcinaite is leaving GR for the Motor City...

BREAKING NEWS

This Detroit girl is heading back home!

It has the been the adventure of my life waking up with West Michigan every morning for the last few years - thank you!

Next week is my last week at FOX 17, my last day is September 8th. I am off to our sistation in Detroit, WXYZ-TV Channel 7 to continue my passion of reporting!

Thank you West Michigan for all the memories - I don’t take any of it for granted! Returning home is like nothing else and if you’re ever on the east side of the state, don’t be a stranger

Sent from my SM-A136U using Tapatalk

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Re: Fox 17 Loses Anchor to WXYZ

Post by MWmetalhead » Fri Sep 01, 2023 11:26 am

Probably will handle weekend mornings at 7.

Jenn Schantz recently departed.
Morgan Wallen is a piece of garbage.

dwp49423

Post by dwp49423 » Sat Sep 02, 2023 6:41 am

Ruta said she is from Detroit so I cannot blame her for moving home. Detroit is where her family settled after leaving Lithuania.

WXYZ, like WXMI, is a Scripps owned station so some of her reports may air on Fox17 like two Fox17 alumni now working at WXYZ: Darren Cunningham and Sarah Grimmer w(now known as Sarah Michals). Also, former WZZM meteorologist Hally Vogel is at WXYZ.

This may explain why the Fox17 morning promos are advertising a 5am start time starting Sept 11 as Ruta anchored solo that first half hour.
---
"Cheap Cheap Cheap" it is live or is it Gannett?

Musicrewired

Post by Musicrewired » Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:54 pm

“… I am off to our sistation in Detroit…”

“Sistation”? Isn’t that a medical procedure to remove annoying tendencies to invoke cloying words?

inmyopinion

Post by inmyopinion » Mon Sep 04, 2023 1:26 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Fri Sep 01, 2023 11:26 am
Probably will handle weekend mornings at 7.

Jenn Schantz recently departed.
If she was anchoring also she would have said so. When a TV personality says "my passion of reporting" that's their counter to any criticism that may suggest they're taking a demotion. There is no shame in going from the desk to the field, especially for a market jump like this one, Im just saying, if anchoring duties were part of her new role, she would have said so.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic