Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Bomb Threat at WWMT

Discussion pertaining to Grand Rapids, Kalamazoo, Muskegon, Battle Creek, Big Rapids, and Michiana
jmeltonwx

Bomb Threat at WWMT

Post by jmeltonwx » Thu Apr 13, 2023 4:35 pm

WWMT in Kalamazoo was evacuated around 2 PM after a man walked into the lobby and reported he had a bomb in his backpack. As of 4:15 PM police remain on scene.

https://wwmt.com/news/local/news-channe ... estigation

jmeltonwx

Re: Bomb Threat at WWMT

Post by jmeltonwx » Thu Apr 13, 2023 4:58 pm

457 PM - Suspect has since surrendered.
https://wwmt.com/news/local/news-channe ... estigation

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Thu Apr 13, 2023 7:49 pm

I am very relieved to hear no one was hurt and that the perp did not have any explosives on his person.

The perpetrator is from Greenville. Seems odd that he'd drive to a TV station in Kalamazoo, but then again, the guy is nuts.

Paul Woods reminds me a bit of the Swedish Chef from the Muppets when he speaks!

format this

Post by format this » Thu Apr 13, 2023 10:41 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:I am very relieved to hear no one was hurt and that the perp did not have any explosives on his person.

The perpetrator is from Greenville. Seems odd that he'd drive to a TV station in Kalamazoo, but then again, the guy is nuts.
Well, WWMT is the CBS carrier for Greenville… is it something to do with programming? I’m lost, otherwise… wow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Note to WGN... bring back Steve Cochran ASAP.

EDIT: Steve Cochran IS BACK AT WGN!!!

cckadlec

Post by cckadlec » Thu Apr 13, 2023 11:06 pm

I sent them a firmly-worded yet still polite e-mail a few weeks ago for the fact they have more than once cut off the last minute of game shows like Jeopardy by adding an extra minute of commercials at the end of the hour, therefore you don't see the final results of the show you've spent a half-hour watching. They did it during the Tournament of Champions last year as well and during a much-anticipated show too. Just as the winner is about to be revealed, commercials!! Just got damn sick of it because when you have cable, it's not like you have an alternate CBS to flip on.

But showing up saying you have a bomb is a whole other level of being disgruntled with something... like, geez. But having a history of mental illness often leads to these kinds of events for what could have been handled in a different way.

[ Radio and weather geeks, beware! Coastal tropo studies, the 3-hr. Seoul AM Radio Listening Guide, 6-hr. 500 Top-of-Hour IDs, and Chinese FM at www.chriskadlec.comTuner: Grundig G8 • Location: Fremont, Mich. ]

MasterB

Post by MasterB » Fri Apr 14, 2023 12:16 am

Was the lead on all the newscasts from the rivals glad they got the guy and didn't have a bomb.

Go Pistons, Let's Go Redwings.

teetoppz28

Post by teetoppz28 » Fri Apr 14, 2023 9:03 am

The guy is from Greenville... 'nuff said.

Every time I drive through that town, I feel like I need to keep a MAGAt hat and tRump flag in my car just so I don't get assaulted! :rollin

Dropping knowledge on forum MAGAts.
Unapologetically intellectually superior.

paul8539

Post by paul8539 » Sat Apr 22, 2023 4:42 am

I thought that the 'bomb threat' you were talking about was the anchors giving a news report that bombed.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic