Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

MSU CLOSED FOR TWO DAYS.

Discussion pertaining to Grand Rapids, Kalamazoo, Muskegon, Battle Creek, Big Rapids, and Michiana
Reese K Rickards

MSU CLOSED FOR TWO DAYS.

Post by Reese K Rickards » Mon Feb 13, 2023 10:48 pm

48 HOUR TOTAL SHUTDOWN
Students told to stay home Tuesday.

If I Heart GR really wanted to save money, it would sublet two of it's three floors at 77 Monroe Center.

ChrisWL1980

Re: MSU CLOSED FOR TWO DAYS.

Post by ChrisWL1980 » Tue Feb 14, 2023 1:38 am

Pretty much all school districts in the county have cancelled classes for Tuesday as well. My niece is a freshman at Okemos High and was really shaken up by the swatting incident last week. Now she has to deal with this too, and it's all too real. Too, my parents, sister and brother-in-law are all MSU graduates. Praying for the loved ones of the deceased and for quick recovery for those injured.
I streamed WLNS most of the evening and felt they did a very good job, technical difficulties aside. They did a very good job vetting confirmed information and staying away from rumors, of which there were many.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Tue Feb 14, 2023 8:46 am

Who did the best job in West Michigan providing live coverage of this horrific tragedy last night?

Paul Woods reminds me a bit of the Swedish Chef from the Muppets when he speaks!

Reese K Rickards

Post by Reese K Rickards » Tue Feb 14, 2023 9:24 am

Radio station web sites did a perfectly miserable job. WOOD AM and FM did get a story posted for about two hours after the fact, but it appeared to be an I Heart canned story. To my knowledge no other station posted a thing.

If I Heart GR really wanted to save money, it would sublet two of it's three floors at 77 Monroe Center.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Tue Feb 14, 2023 12:04 pm

What about on the TV side?

Paul Woods reminds me a bit of the Swedish Chef from the Muppets when he speaks!

NotRobBliss

Post by NotRobBliss » Tue Feb 14, 2023 1:16 pm

WOOD TV8 and FOX 17 did a nice job with crews in the field and continuous coverage. Forgot to check in on WZZM. WWMT was not in continuous coverage and seemed to do a regular 11pm newscast at that time.

I thought WOOD TV8 did a great job getting to the scene of the suspect was found and while trying to confirm what was happening, DID NOT REPORT THE SCANNER TRAFFIC.

Side Note: At 11pm, CNN and MSNBC had breaking news coverage with usual talking heads. FOX News had regular programming. NBC News Now and FOX Live Now was airing the direct feed from WDIV and FOX2 Detroit's newscasts.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic