Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Bitch And Be Gone

Discussion pertaining to Grand Rapids, Kalamazoo, Muskegon, Battle Creek, Big Rapids, and Michiana
Big-D

Bitch And Be Gone

Post by Big-D » Sat Dec 31, 2022 11:57 pm

I vaguely remember a segment on radio many years ago called "Bitch and Be Gone." The host would take callers for the last few minutes where they would get 10-15 seconds to complain about something. When their time expired, the call was dropped and the next caller was put on. But I don't remember which station did this and which jock it was. Does anyone remember this segment?

Southpaws airs Saturday nights at 11:00 on Global Community Radio Channel 1; weekly on Pacifica Radio affiliates KCEI-FM 90.1, Taos, NM; KZGM-FM 88.1, Cabool, MO; WMTB-LP 96.7, St. Petersburg, FL. Available on Spreaker, Apple Podcasts, & Pandora.

Reese K Rickards

Re: Bitch And Be Gone

Post by Reese K Rickards » Mon Jan 02, 2023 3:59 pm

Never heard of it before, but sounds like a great bit.

If I Heart GR really wanted to save money, it would sublet two of it's three floors at 77 Monroe Center.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Mon Jan 02, 2023 4:25 pm

Mel and Frank?

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Mon Jan 02, 2023 5:54 pm

Speaking of Mel & Frank, I actually found a couple extended airchecks of the old 1340 Underground (not Mel & Frank, though).

I've been searching for one of these for YEARS!!! What an awesome station for the time, especially for the AM dial.

It's evident the below aircheck was recorded at night based on some fluttering from co-channel skywave in the background. Decent dynamic range, though, for an AM broadcast! Playlist ranges from "Walk" by Pantera to "Return to Innocence" by Enigma in this one - those two artists weren't played back-to-back thankfully:
https://soundcloud.com/jefleppard/1340- ... -2-20-1994

Here's another one, made eight days prior, probably during the daytime - Rusty Cage by Soundgarden, Loser by Beck , Blister in the Sun by Violent Femmes, and some other good stuff! A song from Hole, too (won't hold that against 'em - fuck Courtney Love - stupid skank). Recording appears to have been made on a narrow band radio unfortunately (but reception is pretty clear at least):
https://www.mixcloud.com/JefLeppard/134 ... o-2-12-94/

Paul Woods reminds me a bit of the Swedish Chef from the Muppets when he speaks!

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Mon Jan 02, 2023 5:55 pm

Now, I just need airchecks of 92.3 Radio X from Allegan / Kalamazoo.

Paul Woods reminds me a bit of the Swedish Chef from the Muppets when he speaks!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic