Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Latest Nielsen Audio numbers

Discussion pertaining to Grand Rapids, Kalamazoo, Muskegon, Battle Creek, Big Rapids, and Michiana
MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Re: Latest Nielsen Audio numbers

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Jan 14, 2023 7:44 am

December numbers for Grand Rapids (bear in mind shares are based on rolling 3 month averages) and Fall numbers for Kalamazoo and Muskegon:

Grand Rapids:
https://ratings.radio-online.com/content/arb127

(I love how a station that hasn't been broadcasting in months - AM 1480 - still shows up! LMAO.)

Kalamazoo:
https://ratings.radio-online.com/content/arb251

(Worst book for WRKR in ages; air talent changes are probably hurting their performance. )

Muskegon:
https://ratings.radio-online.com/content/arb566

(Substantial share erosion for WMRR over the past few cycles; some folks defecting to WLAV? WOOD-FM 106.9 has come way down from its spring 2021 all-time record share of 8.3. I think Sunny 92.5 needs to find a new format.)

Paul Woods reminds me a bit of the Swedish Chef from the Muppets when he speaks!

radioandtventhusiast

Post by radioandtventhusiast » Sat Jan 14, 2023 12:38 pm

Rather interesting that Big 101.3 beat out WFGR in the ratings. It makes me wonder if there's still life for oldies on terrestrial radio.

thatonedude

Post by thatonedude » Sat Jan 14, 2023 6:34 pm

Nice to see the Q and Jack holding steady. Speaking of Jack, I'm hearing more cuts that I haven't heard in ages -- Reel Big Fish's Sell Out, for example. Also heard Vehicle from the Ides of March this morning, too. Only time I'll hear those tracks is when I have SXM on.

The Q is sounding better, as well. Seems like the Cumulus-Ann Arbor peeps are taking better care of it now. :)

take this job and shove it

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Jan 14, 2023 11:34 pm

I prefer WKLQ's playlist to that of WQKL.

Paul Woods reminds me a bit of the Swedish Chef from the Muppets when he speaks!

Greg Buben

Post by Greg Buben » Mon Jan 16, 2023 8:40 pm

The only thing I really have to say about the December ratings is that Star 105.7 didn't improve that much with the
Christmas music. It only jumped to a 4.2% share from a 2.6% share in November. It was number eight overall when the
Christmas music usually jumps them up in the top five along with the I-Heart sister stations like B-93, WSNX, and WOOD.
I expected Star 105.7 FM to do much better than that. It was way below its three successful sister stations this year when
it came to December ratings. The River only jumped up to a 2.5% share with its Christmas music.

Big-D

Post by Big-D » Tue Jan 17, 2023 1:22 pm

thatonedude wrote:
Sat Jan 14, 2023 6:34 pm
Nice to see the Q and Jack holding steady. Speaking of Jack, I'm hearing more cuts that I haven't heard in ages -- Reel Big Fish's Sell Out, for example. Also heard Vehicle from the Ides of March this morning, too. Only time I'll hear those tracks is when I have SXM on.

The Q is sounding better, as well. Seems like the Cumulus-Ann Arbor peeps are taking better care of it now. :)
I know that we just played “Vehicle” on WGLM last week. I’ll have to see if we have “Sell Out” in the library.

Southpaws airs Saturday nights at 11:00 on Global Community Radio Channel 1; weekly on Pacifica Radio affiliates KCEI-FM 90.1, Taos, NM; KZGM-FM 88.1, Cabool, MO; WMTB-LP 96.7, St. Petersburg, FL. Available on Spreaker, Apple Podcasts, & Pandora.

teetoppz28

Post by teetoppz28 » Tue Jan 17, 2023 3:29 pm

Greg Buben wrote:
Mon Jan 16, 2023 8:40 pm
The River only jumped up to a 2.5% share with its Christmas music.
My wife usually has every radio in earshot set to The River during Christmas time... This year she got fed up hearing the same 10 songs, so she set our devices to stream WHNN in Saginaw, which has a more-varied playlist. She has to have her Muppets "12 days of Christmas" and "Dominic the Donkey" :8)

Dropping knowledge on forum MAGAts.
Unapologetically intellectually superior.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic