Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Tony Gates Pulled From WLAV

Discussion pertaining to Grand Rapids, Kalamazoo, Muskegon, Battle Creek, Big Rapids, and Michiana
Jay2ThePee

Re: Tony Gates Pulled From WLAV

Post by Jay2ThePee » Fri Sep 09, 2022 8:49 am

Realist wrote:
Thu Sep 08, 2022 8:43 pm

FBHW funny? You’ve GOT to be kidding. They haven’t been even close to being funny since Eric was fired for stupid reasons and FBHW didn’t stand behind him.

They’re HORRIBLE now! Bad enough that they tried to have Producer Joe try to fill EZ’s spot (not funny), but they hired a unfunny chick as a sidekick, making them sound like every other unfunny morning show out there. BORING AND UNLISTENABLE
No one said they were funny, in fact everyone mentioned how unfunny they are. They used to be good but somewhere around 2011 they started pulling back on the edgy humor in favor of not offending advertisers. Smart move financially for them but disappointing for anyone who enjoyed the show for what brought them the initial success.

As far as EZ goes, if you really think he was fired for stupid reasons, you'd be justified because of the public explanation. I think the whole Deltaplex/Dungarees reasoning was the excuse they needed to rid themselves of the personality behind the scenes. If you listen closely to their explanation of why he was fired, you'll hear about a very toxic environment (EZ has stated numerous times that if someone goes low, he'll go lower).

EZ, six years after his firing lifts pictures from Free Beer's social media to promote his podcast. Not just occasionally either.

https://www.reddit.com/r/fbhw/comments/ ... igh_point/

And then, when an off-the-cuff remark about Joe's stunts was interpreted as a personal attack, EZ gave Joe's ex a platform to air all of Joe's dirty laundry long after Joe had cut ties with her.

I used to defend EZ and thought FBHW were morons for firing the only interesting personality on the show. Now I can see how working with someone who pulls stunts like that would be absolutely draining.

That still doesn't make FBHW funny because the show isn't. It just sheds the light on why I think they were justified in cutting ties with EZ.

:arrow: :rollin

48125er

Post by 48125er » Sat Sep 10, 2022 10:55 pm

I havent listened since prolly 2015 regularly little behind zane getting canned

Mediate

Post by Mediate » Tue Nov 08, 2022 3:10 pm

Team Aris

48125er

Post by 48125er » Wed Nov 16, 2022 3:27 am

MWmetalhead wrote:
Thu Sep 08, 2022 8:50 pm
Kelly is awful; completely agree! She belongs on a soccer mom station (Country, AC, Christian AC).
Maybe Kelly should take over after Andy Rent retires from the river eventually :rollin

OneBigFan

Post by OneBigFan » Sun Mar 10, 2024 3:11 pm

Thought I heard Tony Gates voice on an ad for The Ultimate Sports Show that was at DeVos Place this weekend. Might have been voice over from previous years and the show has the rights.

Trophyhead

Post by Trophyhead » Mon Mar 11, 2024 10:27 am

[quote=OneBigFan post_id=778176 time=1710097899 user_id=2318]
Thought I heard Tony Gates voice on an ad for The Ultimate Sports Show that was at DeVos Place this weekend. Might have been voice over from previous years and the show has the rights.
[/quote]

That's been done through an agency in town, as Paul Miles persists and has turned to Gates all along. Chuck LaTour would pick up business in this regard also.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic