Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Nielsen to be acquired in $16 Billion

Discussion pertaining to Grand Rapids, Kalamazoo, Muskegon, Battle Creek, Big Rapids, and Michiana
since16

Nielsen to be acquired in $16 Billion

Post by since16 » Wed Mar 30, 2022 6:31 am

That's Billion with a B... worth it?

"Nielsen is being acquired for $16 billion, including debt, about a week after the media measurement company rejected a smaller offer. A group of private equity investors led by Evergreen Coast Capital Corp., an affiliate of Elliott Investment Management L.P., and Brookfield Business Partners L.P. together with institutional partners will pay $28 for every outstanding Nielsen share. The deal is expected to close in the second half of this year. It still needs approval from Nielsen shareholders and regulators."

paul8539

Re: Nielsen to be acquired in $16 Billion

Post by paul8539 » Wed Mar 30, 2022 8:23 pm

Isn't Brookfield a Canadian company?

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Wed Mar 30, 2022 9:56 pm

It is the management affiliate of American hedge funds Elliott Associates L.P. and Elliott International Limited. The Elliott Corporation was founded by Paul Singer, who is CEO of the management company, based in New York City. As of the first quarter of 2015, Elliott's portfolio is worth over $8 billion.[2][3]

By 2009 "more than one-third of Elliott’s portfolio was concentrated in distressed securities, typically in the debt of bankrupt or near-bankrupt companies."

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

Lester The Nightfly

Post by Lester The Nightfly » Mon Apr 11, 2022 5:26 pm

since16 wrote:
Wed Mar 30, 2022 6:31 am
That's Billion with a B... worth it?

"Nielsen is being acquired for $16 billion, including debt, about a week after the media measurement company rejected a smaller offer. A group of private equity investors led by Evergreen Coast Capital Corp., an affiliate of Elliott Investment Management L.P., and Brookfield Business Partners L.P. together with institutional partners will pay $28 for every outstanding Nielsen share. The deal is expected to close in the second half of this year. It still needs approval from Nielsen shareholders and regulators."
I think it bears mentioning that Nielsen has their corporate fingers in much more than just tallying broadcaster ratings. I personally was involved some years back acting as something of a consultant on a software product completely unrelated to media ratings. $16B doesn't seem too outlandish if you consider the scope of their business.

My only beef with them is when I was asked to give a presentation on the portion of the software I was involved with, it turned out to be that the national conference was held in Palm Springs around July or August. What I thought was simple "flop sweat" prior to my talk in fact was a result of the outside temperature being right around 110-115 degrees. Even though the resort had the AC blasting, it's nearly impossible to make things even remotely comfortable when it's that hot. I'm sure the cheap bastards got a great rate at the very nice resort we stayed for the meetings that were held.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic