Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

What's the Hold Up?

Discussion pertaining to Grand Rapids, Kalamazoo, Muskegon, Battle Creek, Big Rapids, and Michiana
andymuskegon

What's the Hold Up?

Post by andymuskegon » Sat Jan 08, 2022 7:37 pm

I see everyone lamenting the loss of the oldies channel, and the over all shrinkage of our business. I wonder though, how many have just sat down and built their own answer to the problem? Not that hard to do and there seem to be plenty of people out there to make it work.

I will tell you, it's a big friggin pond to swim in to get any listeners, but it all starts somewhere.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/andyoriley

Mega Hertz

Re: What's the Hold Up?

Post by Mega Hertz » Sat Jan 08, 2022 8:25 pm

Trust me, I've lamented this many times. I've had a number of format ideas, imaging, branding, all sorts of stuff. There is really only ONE thing standing in my way:

Money.

Apparently, sticks cost money. As do a lot of things. So if I was to hit the lottery for enough, I figure it would be fun to try.

Unfortunately, with the rise of streaming and YouTube, my work is cut out for me 😔

"Internet is no more like radio than intravenous feeding is like fine dining."
-TurkeyTop

St. Louis Dave

Re: What's the Hold Up?

Post by St. Louis Dave » Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:04 am

Eric in Grand Haven put his balls out and did it with WAWL-LP. He has quite a following in GH and made a big dent in the other station. He plays good music, has topical conversations, supports the local sporting teams (not just football & basketball), and really understands community radio. He's built a good model for a good product. If it can work in a small market like Grand Haven, why can't it work in bigger markets?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic