Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Broadcasting Revolving Door Spinning

Discussion pertaining to Grand Rapids, Kalamazoo, Muskegon, Battle Creek, Big Rapids, and Michiana
oldnewsguy

Broadcasting Revolving Door Spinning

Post by oldnewsguy » Wed Jan 05, 2022 7:48 am

Is it just me, or has the spinning door of ejection picked up speed in Grand Rapids recently? It seems that much of the air staff of the local electronic media have been launched out the doors of their studios. This was not the case back in the 60s and 70s when I was in front of a microphone.

Sad state of affairs.

What's your take?

Home of the FREE, because of the BRAVE!

learn to fly

Re: Broadcasting Revolving Door Spinning

Post by learn to fly » Wed Jan 05, 2022 9:16 am

Specifically? Who left?
Corporate will, in the past, send out the madatory cuts around Thanksgiving. Those have to happen by the end of the year for which the GM is responsible with no discussion or modification. Here is your list. Whack em. You may have noticed some of these? I just don't listen anymore.

Trophyhead

Post by Trophyhead » Wed Jan 05, 2022 11:52 am

FOX 17 has just spun a local onto their staff, Elliot Granda, a Rockford native and MSU Journalism grad.

The smile looks authentic, they did a nice bio writeup on him that I just found on social media.

Let us see what time brings, no doubt the retirement binge and career crossroads determinations show that watching a reporter or anchor grow old on your monitor, or any publication you buy may be a thing of the past.

teetoppz28

Post by teetoppz28 » Thu Jan 06, 2022 11:15 am

Trophyhead wrote:
Wed Jan 05, 2022 11:52 am
FOX 17 has just spun a local onto their staff, Elliot Granda, a Rockford native and MSU Journalism grad.

The smile looks authentic, they did a nice bio writeup on him that I just found on social media.

Let us see what time brings, no doubt the retirement binge and career crossroads determinations show that watching a reporter or anchor grow old on your monitor, or any publication you buy may be a thing of the past.
Just watched Elliot on today's morning show. He seems to be a natural fit for hosting and being in front of the camera.

I am wondering what's happening at Fox 17 though. Seems that they are shaking up the weekday morning staff. Also, they are all separate... wondering if COVID is hitting them hard now?

Dropping knowledge on forum MAGAts.
Unapologetically intellectually superior.

Sholmes

Post by Sholmes » Thu Jan 06, 2022 6:39 pm

WOOD morning show is also distanced on the set now. Happened after coming back from the holiday

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic