Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

November Radio Ratings

Discussion pertaining to Grand Rapids, Kalamazoo, Muskegon, Battle Creek, Big Rapids, and Michiana
Greg Buben

November Radio Ratings

Post by Greg Buben » Wed Dec 15, 2021 9:02 am

The November Radio Ratings from Nielsen came out and B-93 is number one once again with the modern country hits
all of which are on major record labels, B-93 dropped to a 7.7% share although they maintained their number one position.
Although I don't like what the major label record companies with their Nashville, TN offices and studios have done with the
art form of Country music I do recognize the fact that B-93 is respected among the country music industry and the radio
industry in general, Their power is the greatest as well and people love them not only in the GR area but also the Lakeshore,
Kalamazoo, Battle Creek, and yes even in the Lansing area. B-93 is unbeatable with the modern country hits and the I-Heart
of Grand Rapids people have their sanity while the pseudo competition owned by Cumulus WTNR aka "Thunder Country"
lost their sanity a long time ago thinking that they could compete against B-93 by playing the same modern major label
country hits that are played on B-93. Thunder Country did go from a 1.6% share up to a 1.8% share so I'm sure the insane
Cumulus of Grand Rapids people will justify that as a reason to allow WTNR aka "Thunder Country" to continue. I wonder
where they found the .2% listener gain at. I wonder how long Cumulus of Grand Rapids will continue their insanity and
nonsense of thinking they'll beat B-93.
Getting away from the subject of the success of B-93 the number two station was non commercial Christian station
WCSG from Cornerstone University which jumped upto a 6.6% share. Only in a religiously conservative market like GR
can a non commercial Christian station have such an appeal. I-Heart of GR also had the number three station the Top
40/CHR station WSNX with a 6.1% share. Although WSNX dropped by .2% it still is respectable although Top 40 sux.
I-Heart also had the number four station WOOD with its news/ talk format at a 5.8% share. WOOD like sister station
WSNX dropped by a .2% share but they're still respectable as the "News Leader" of GR and always will be. I-Heart still
has three out of the four top stations with formats nobody else could ever do in GR. I'm not a fan of I- Heart of GR but
I do recognize success when I see it and hear it. I-Heart of GR has three winners always B-93, WSNX, and WOOD.

hankrotten

Re: November Radio Ratings

Post by hankrotten » Wed Dec 15, 2021 9:49 am

Regarding Christian Radio Stations at the Top of the ratings. It's happening all across the country in big markets like St. Louis, Houston, Tampa, Las Vegas and others.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Wed Dec 15, 2021 11:56 am

104.5 is wiping the floor clean with 105.3 once again. 105.3's recent ratings gain proved to be short lived

WTNR is an embarrassment. Reminds me of the abortion known as Young Country 96 (remember them?).

format this

Post by format this » Wed Dec 15, 2021 5:17 pm

Since Greg Buben just wanted to spew out the same long speech for the 4th month in a row, here’s the link so you can skip it:

https://ratings.radio-online.com/content/arb127

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Note to WGN... bring back Steve Cochran ASAP.

EDIT: Steve Cochran IS BACK AT WGN!!!

ChrisWL1980

Post by ChrisWL1980 » Wed Dec 15, 2021 6:32 pm

Is the bloom off the rose for Christmas music in West Michigan? The River way down (again), Star flat. WCSG plays a fair amount of it, but not wall to wall and pretty much entirely from CCM artists (no Mariah, Mathis etc.).

format this

Post by format this » Wed Dec 15, 2021 8:12 pm

ChrisWL1980 wrote:Is the bloom off the rose for Christmas music in West Michigan? The River way down (again), Star flat. WCSG plays a fair amount of it, but not wall to wall and pretty much entirely from CCM artists (no Mariah, Mathis etc.).
WNIC was 2nd in 12+ with a 7.0 for November. WOMC at 7.2. Flowers do die, after all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Note to WGN... bring back Steve Cochran ASAP.

EDIT: Steve Cochran IS BACK AT WGN!!!

radionut

Post by radionut » Thu Dec 16, 2021 3:38 pm

With WMAX at a .9 I guess the Big Guy moving over there didn't change anything.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Thu Dec 16, 2021 6:08 pm

Remember, the GR ratings are an average of the trailing 3 months.

PPM ratings for large markets such as Detroit are only for four weeks at a time.

IIN4MU

Post by IIN4MU » Fri Dec 17, 2021 5:44 am

Another stellar showing from the Cume-less clusterf*ck. What a joke.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic