Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

another long FM skip

Discussion pertaining to Grand Rapids, Kalamazoo, Muskegon, Battle Creek, Big Rapids, and Michiana
RockerTim

another long FM skip

Post by RockerTim » Wed Aug 04, 2021 7:32 pm

Out in the garage again here tonight in Fremont, MI and trying to listen to 97.9 WGRD. Fading in and out. I heard a station ID that wasn't familiar - 98 Rock from Tampa Bay, FL. LIstened to Death By Rock and Roll from The Pretty Reckless, which was coming in quite well, then it faded out again. Confirmed on their website that they had just played that song.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Re: another long FM skip

Post by MWmetalhead » Wed Aug 04, 2021 7:39 pm

Cool!

98Rock is a far better station than WGRD, in my opinion.

BayCityJohn2337

Post by BayCityJohn2337 » Wed Aug 04, 2021 8:37 pm

Back in the day Fremont had a good Classic Country station. 92.5 FM the outlaw? The fisherman in Hesperia loved it. The station no longer has a country format and the fishing in Hesperia sucks now too. Ha How times change.....

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Wed Aug 04, 2021 8:47 pm

The Outlaw was a very good Texas country / classic country station.

Cumulus gutted & ruined that station after acquiring Citadel unfortunately.

RockerTim

Post by RockerTim » Wed Aug 04, 2021 10:20 pm

The playlist for 98 Rock looked pretty good. I don't know why we can't have a radio station in W. MI that just plays modern rock/new rock. I just don't understand who thinks Panama, Livin' on a Prayer etc. belongs with what little current stuff GRD does play. There is so much new music out there, and it would really be great if they would throw in some local/state stuff too. I wouldn't mind if they played some 90's stuff that was more modern.
The first year or so of 92.5 The Outlaw was good (for country). It was the only non-rock station that I would let the radio at work get tuned to on occasion since a couple other guys liked country. They played the stuff like Willie, Waylon etc. that I remember my grandparents listening to in the late 70's/early 80's, and I have a better appreciation for now.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic