Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Ellen Bacca named first female Chief Meteorologist in West Michigan

Discussion pertaining to Grand Rapids, Kalamazoo, Muskegon, Battle Creek, Big Rapids, and Michiana
Sholmes

Re: Ellen Bacca named first female Chief Meteorologist in West Michigan

Post by Sholmes » Sat Aug 07, 2021 8:46 am

ZZM does not allow talent to have more than one contract unless the person responds "Oh Thank You".

Want to be paid what you are worth or have an idea of your value and express that to management and it is out the door for you. Especially if a woman shows she knows her value.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

BFSEsq

Post by BFSEsq » Mon Aug 09, 2021 11:43 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sat Jul 31, 2021 7:13 am
To 48125 - no graphics package will EVER be worse than the one WOOD-TV used in the early/mid 90's shortly after the switchover from WOTV to WOOD-TV.

The music package & voiceovers were great (Paul Anthony) but those humungous italicized, grainy, oversized sans serif captions, and the mutilated "8" logo, were a complete visual disgrace. I wasn't a fan of the wallpaper used for the full screen graphics, either. Would love to know the moron(s) responsible for picking out or developing that hideous visual "look."
Woof. I had to find this and... yeah, it's bad. A lot worse than what they had previously been using. https://youtu.be/HHk0bceGEaI?t=174

Big-D

Post by Big-D » Thu Aug 19, 2021 3:45 pm

TeleCine wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:07 am
The word "chief" is offensive and disrespectful to Native Americans. She should be called the "Main Meteorologist."
I had to laugh a little. This reminds me of Turner Broadcasting in the late 80 and into the 90s issued an edict to all divisions that the word “foreign” was not to be used on air. In its place was the word “international.” One of those divisions at the time was World Championship Wrestling. So whenever a wrestler used a foreign object on an opponent, the announcers had to call it an “international object.”

Southpaws airs Saturday nights at 11:00 on Global Community Radio Channel 1; weekly on Pacifica Radio affiliates KCEI-FM 90.1, Taos, NM; KZGM-FM 88.1, Cabool, MO; WMTB-LP 96.7, St. Petersburg, FL. Available on Spreaker, Apple Podcasts, & Pandora.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic