Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Fox 17 Poaches Wood TV News Director

Discussion pertaining to Grand Rapids, Kalamazoo, Muskegon, Battle Creek, Big Rapids, and Michiana
Gil

Re: Fox 17 Poaches Wood TV News Director

Post by Gil » Sun Jul 04, 2021 11:01 pm

Years ago, I was news director at WOKR-TV in Rochester, NY (now WHAM-TV). I wanted to hire Diana Whiteman as an anchor. She was working in the market as a reporter at another station. In the interview, she asked, "Why would you hire me from a competitor?"

My answer: "You should only consider going across town for two reasons. One, if they are treating you badly. Two, if the opportunity is one you cannot expect at your current employer."

She took the job.

"Make way, TV coming through!" -Glen Loyd

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Re: Fox 17 Poaches Wood TV News Director

Post by MWmetalhead » Mon Jul 05, 2021 10:48 am

TeleCine sounds like someone who is anxious about who WOOD-TV will hire to be its next news director.

Blind loyalty is stupid. I could not disagree more with TeleCine's earlier comments. People should work wherever they are most content. For some people, the overriding criterion is money. For others, workplace culture. For others, it is job security or flexible scheduling or benefits. For yet others, it is some combination of the above.

Who knows why WOOD's ND left, but his choice is his personal business. His contract must have been up and WOOD failed to do what was necessary to keep him.

Paul Woods reminds me a bit of the Swedish Chef from the Muppets when he speaks!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic