Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 30 at 9:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Ed VerSchure

Discussion pertaining to Grand Rapids, Kalamazoo, Muskegon, Battle Creek, Big Rapids, and Michiana
originalzzmfmjock

Ed VerSchure

Post by originalzzmfmjock » Tue May 11, 2021 8:43 pm

Info from the WHTC website that long time West Michigan radio and TV personality Ed VerSchure has passed away at the age of 75. Ed worked at several stations during his career including WGRD, WZZM-TV (for over 30 years) and was the original owner of 92.7 WEVS in Saugatuck (now the Van). I worked with Ed at ZZM in the early 70's and he was a great guy to know and to work with. Ed had very solid knowledge of music, especially the early years of Rock and Roll and was also in a band, Ed and The Twi-Lighters in the early 60's. Ed also produced several records for artists like Robbi Curtice and Harper and Rowe. I had lunch with Ed a couple of years ago, and it was great to see him and talk with him after not being in contact with him in many years. West Michigan radio has lost a good guy. Ed may you Rest In Peace.

bosco

Re: Ed VerSchure

Post by bosco » Mon May 24, 2021 4:41 pm

Ed's Obituary. Nicely written. I worked with him at some events, and he was a great guy to have around. We loose another one.

[url]https://dykstrafuneralhome.com/obituari ... ure.135801[/url]

bugzapper

Post by bugzapper » Tue May 25, 2021 9:47 am

bosco wrote:
Mon May 24, 2021 4:41 pm
Ed's Obituary. Nicely written. I worked with him at some events, and he was a great guy to have around. We loose another one.
This is a very moving tribute. RIP Ed.

AndyD

Post by AndyD » Tue May 25, 2021 11:37 am

I haven't thought about Ed for a quite a long time. He helped teach me how to run the audio booth when I worked at WZZM almost 20 years ago. Very nice guy. RIP.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic