Acceptable registrations in the queue through April 6 at 7:45p ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

WVFM got JACKED up!

Discussion pertaining to Grand Rapids, Kalamazoo, Muskegon, Battle Creek, Big Rapids, and Michiana
CJ

Re: WVFM got JACKED up!

Post by CJ » Wed Mar 03, 2021 12:15 pm

96.5 flipped to CHR at noon today

handbanana

Post by handbanana » Wed Mar 03, 2021 1:49 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:
Sat Feb 27, 2021 7:15 am
On the other hand, if it offers up Mojo in the Morning from Detroit, it could succeed.
I think WSNX would agree to disagree. That station saw very little return on an imported show and just had it's worst overall book in over 20 years. They would be smart to go back to local but corporate has let that boat sail.

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Wed Mar 03, 2021 4:02 pm

Is it due to Mojo? For a while, WSNX had very nice numbers with Mojo in mornings.

I think SNX sounds like a neglected station in general. Very little stationality.

I agree it would be great to see SNX go local in mornings again, but I think the main issue is the general sound of the station.

Hardcore hip hop Magic 104.9 has probably had at least a minor impact on 104.5, too.

Using Robinhood for online equities and options trades is a terrible idea. USE A LEGITIMATE BROKER-DEALER INSTEAD! (Fidelity, Schwab, TD Ameritrade, Edward Jones, etc.)

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Sat Mar 06, 2021 2:58 pm

Most radio managers are incapable of running a damn popsicle stand!

Cannot believe how horrendously piss poor 106.5's processing sounds over the air!!! Complete disgrace.

Using Robinhood for online equities and options trades is a terrible idea. USE A LEGITIMATE BROKER-DEALER INSTEAD! (Fidelity, Schwab, TD Ameritrade, Edward Jones, etc.)

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Mon Apr 05, 2021 7:51 am

The audio sounded MUCH better when I visited Grand Rapids last weekend.

I wonder how long it took to get that straightened out?

format this

Post by format this » Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:16 pm

MWmetalhead wrote:Instead, the station flipped to a quasi-simulcast of AM 590. The Tigers were red hot at the time. The whole point of the move would've been to give the Tigers a good FM signal locally, but as it turned out, the brain trust on West Main failed to perform proper due diligence on their Tigers baseball contract. So, FM 96.5 listeners were treated to the Cubs instead. A major let down, I'm sure, for folks who lived in the null of AM 590's nighttime signal.
If I may toss in my $1.02 (compulsive tip), the Cubs only aired on 96.5 when there was a conflict with both 590 and 1660, which happened at least once to my recollection, if not more. The Cubs were, unless the Tigers and Red Wings were playing at the same time, property of 1660.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Note to WGN... bring back Steve Cochran ASAP.

EDIT: Steve Cochran IS BACK AT WGN!!!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic