Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Meteorologist Laura Velasquez joining Fox 17 WXMI Feb 15

Discussion pertaining to Grand Rapids, Kalamazoo, Muskegon, Battle Creek, Big Rapids, and Michiana
Honolulublue4life

Re: Meteorologist Laura Velasquez joining Fox 17 WXMI Feb 15

Post by Honolulublue4life » Mon Jul 05, 2021 12:43 am

I believe Bill is gonna go a couple more years so he gets 50 years in broadcasting. Ellen does a good job and has been on a lot including the severe weather outbreaks and has handled those well. I am not sure who will get the job but I think it will be Ellen.

inmyopinion

Post by inmyopinion » Mon Jul 05, 2021 10:11 am

Honolulublue4life wrote:
Mon Jul 05, 2021 12:43 am
I believe Bill is gonna go a couple more years so he gets 50 years in broadcasting. Ellen does a good job and has been on a lot including the severe weather outbreaks and has handled those well. I am not sure who will get the job but I think it will be Ellen.
How long Bill stays in the building, and in a smaller capacity perhaps to make it 50 years? Sure, possible, but the chief will be Ellen and it will be soon.

Bull Shannon

Post by Bull Shannon » Tue Jul 06, 2021 12:44 pm

inmyopinion wrote:
Sun Jul 04, 2021 4:11 pm
I am always amazed that people think because people like Terry are popular or "have been there the longest and paid their dues" that it equates to promotions, chief, etc. I am also on record in a past thread after Underwood was shown the door saying that no way Kirkwood would be the next chief. As for Terry, she doesn't even do her own graphics/forecasting, etc. She is very good at what she does, telling us the weather in a calm, personable manner, but what makes anyone think that being Chief would even be her goal at this point in her career? It will be Ellen and it will be soon.
Bill hits 20 years at WOOD this coming August. I think he could very well retire anytime after that point, unless he decides he wants to stick around a few more years to celebrate 50 years on TV.

(And chances are George won't retire until after Bill does).

inmyopinion

Post by inmyopinion » Tue Jul 06, 2021 3:45 pm

Bull Shannon wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 12:44 pm
inmyopinion wrote:
I am always amazed that people think because people like Terry are popular or "have been there the longest and paid their dues" that it equates to promotions, chief, etc. I am also on record in a past thread after Underwood was shown the door saying that no way Kirkwood would be the next chief. As for Terry, she doesn't even do her own graphics/forecasting, etc. She is very good at what she does, telling us the weather in a calm, personable manner, but what makes anyone think that being Chief would even be her goal at this point in her career? It will be Ellen and it will be soon.
Bill hits 20 years at WOOD this coming August. I think he could very well retire anytime after that point, unless he decides he wants to stick around a few more years to celebrate 50 years on TV.

Sorry I just dont see what Bill's situation has to do with George's, I assume you are talking about Lessons? What if Tegna continues to hand out paycuts and furloughs as they did in the past year? But if Bill does retire, how many years til people stop calling him "Bill" in public? lmao

Bull Shannon

Post by Bull Shannon » Tue Jul 06, 2021 10:56 pm

inmyopinion wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 3:45 pm
Bull Shannon wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 12:44 pm
inmyopinion wrote:

Sorry I just dont see what Bill's situation has to do with George's, I assume you are talking about Lessons? What if Tegna continues to hand out paycuts and furloughs as they did in the past year? But if Bill does retire, how many years til people stop calling him "Bill" in public? lmao
Mostly because a while back, WZZM made it a point to celebrate the day George's tenure at the station became longer than Bill's, celebrating him as the "longest tenured meteorologist at one station in the market," so something tells me that for ego reasons George won't retire until after Bill does, but of course station ownership can have different plans at any given time.

inmyopinion

Post by inmyopinion » Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:44 pm

Like I said, It will be Ellen and it will be soon.

Doktor No

Post by Doktor No » Tue Nov 30, 2021 7:42 pm

And then she left...

OldHippie

Post by OldHippie » Wed Dec 01, 2021 8:36 pm

Anyone know why she left?

OldHippie

Post by OldHippie » Wed Dec 01, 2021 8:41 pm

Nevermind, I found it.