Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Scott Winters Joins Parler and asks others to follow

Discussion pertaining to Grand Rapids, Kalamazoo, Muskegon, Battle Creek, Big Rapids, and Michiana
jesusjenny

Re: Scott Winters Joins Parler and asks others to follow

Post by jesusjenny » Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:02 am

Hasn't conservative talk radio the Dominant format on AM radio for nearly 30 years? Doesn't seem like much silence to me.

andymuskegon

Post by andymuskegon » Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:41 pm

tell me one conservative that's been silenced? lunatics that have abused a couple of private platforms terms of use, and i am not going to excuse those platforms for taking the vast amounts of money allowing them to data mine like they have and feed the bullshit to their captive audiences in echo chambers. the most conservative voice can walk right up to the podium in his house and say anything he likes. it's time for some sensible regulation on these platforms, like many of us have worked under our entire life. it's also time for the "conservatives" who've been beating their chest for the last 4 years to STFU and knock off the "poor me" routine.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/andyoriley

georgetownt

Post by georgetownt » Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:19 pm

andymuskegon wrote:tell me one conservative that's been silenced? lunatics that have abused a couple of private platforms terms of use, and i am not going to excuse those platforms for taking the vast amounts of money allowing them to data mine like they have and feed the bullshit to their captive audiences in echo chambers. the most conservative voice can walk right up to the podium in his house and say anything he likes. it's time for some sensible regulation on these platforms, like many of us have worked under our entire life. it's also time for the "conservatives" who've been beating their chest for the last 4 years to STFU and knock off the "poor me" routine.
Interesting fact I was up late one night a few months ago went on Twitter had a hashtag trending #BidenCrimeFamily I looked at it and something about Hunter's laptop. So I want to see more click on the hashtag nothing a blank page went on back saw the original tweet click it nothing again. I search BidenC find more posts so I decide to search #TrumpCrimeFamily pages upon pages of tweets. There is your proof Andrew. If you want someone specific Donald Trump has his freedom of speech taken away.

Scott Winters didn't do anything wrong but think differently for himself and not the same way as his industry...

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:24 pm

If White Supremacists are fine with you, Scott has done nothing wrong.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

georgetownt

Post by georgetownt » Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:36 pm

TC Talks wrote:If White Supremacists are fine with you, Scott has done nothing wrong.
Wow such an accusation. Slander much? Such tolerance you show there...

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:24 pm

Slander? Go look at a dictionary.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

jesusjenny

Post by jesusjenny » Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:24 pm

georgetownt wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:19 pm
andymuskegon wrote:tell me one conservative that's been silenced? lunatics that have abused a couple of private platforms terms of use, and i am not going to excuse those platforms for taking the vast amounts of money allowing them to data mine like they have and feed the bullshit to their captive audiences in echo chambers. the most conservative voice can walk right up to the podium in his house and say anything he likes. it's time for some sensible regulation on these platforms, like many of us have worked under our entire life. it's also time for the "conservatives" who've been beating their chest for the last 4 years to STFU and knock off the "poor me" routine.
Interesting fact I was up late one night a few months ago went on Twitter had a hashtag trending #BidenCrimeFamily I looked at it and something about Hunter's laptop. So I want to see more click on the hashtag nothing a blank page went on back saw the original tweet click it nothing again. I search BidenC find more posts so I decide to search #TrumpCrimeFamily pages upon pages of tweets. There is your proof Andrew. If you want someone specific Donald Trump has his freedom of speech taken away.

Scott Winters didn't do anything wrong but think differently for himself and not the same way as his industry...

BAHAHA - Twitter is a private company - and the rules were violated. His "Free Speech" rights (or anyones) were not taken away. He can, at anytime, say what he wants - just can't use twitter because rules were broken. He could get on the TV, his front porch or whatever he wants tomorrow and say whatever he wants. Guess what - if I take a dump in an Aisle at Meijer - guess who doesn't get to shop at Meijer anymore? I guess I'll go complain now because my rights were taken away! You should probably understand what "Free Speech" means in the context of our Constitution.

georgetownt

Post by georgetownt » Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:59 pm

jesusjenny wrote:
georgetownt wrote:

BAHAHA - Twitter is a private company - and the rules were violated. His "Free Speech" rights (or anyones) were not taken away. He can, at anytime, say what he wants - just can't use twitter because rules were broken. He could get on the TV, his front porch or whatever he wants tomorrow and say whatever he wants. Guess what - if I take a dump in an Aisle at Meijer - guess who doesn't get to shop at Meijer anymore? I guess I'll go complain now because my rights were taken away! You should probably understand what "Free Speech" means in the context of our Constitution.
Right.....

MWmetalhead
Site Admin

Post by MWmetalhead » Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:47 am

Private companies are not obligated to grant "free speech" to anyone!

That said, I agree that Twitter seems to apply different sets of rules to different individuals.

Scott Winters is about as non-controversial of an air personality I can imagine. He's always been squeaky clean on the air.

Reese K Rickards

Post by Reese K Rickards » Fri Jan 15, 2021 1:57 pm

Just looking around the internet today..... Arizona Republicans look to cut ties with Cindy McCain because she supports Joe Biden and some gay guy. House Republicans passing a petition to remove Liz Cheney from leadership role because she voted for impeachment. Q Anon whacks think Trump spoke to them in Morse code moving his hands in a videotaped statement. Former South Vietnam flags were flown at the riot by Vietnamese Trumpanzees, Franklin Graham compares ten republicans who voted for impeachment to Judas Iscariot. Steve Bannon is back in Trumps good graces.

AND you folks fill two pages of fret and worry about Scot Winters signing up for Parler? Heaven help us.
Last edited by Reese K Rickards on Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

If I Heart GR really wanted to save money, it would sublet two of it's three floors at 77 Monroe Center.

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:00 pm

LOL and the worst of it all to Hot Talk radio: Joe Biden was elected President.

― Noam Chomsky

andymuskegon

Post by andymuskegon » Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:37 pm

georgetownt wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:59 pm
jesusjenny wrote:
georgetownt wrote:

Right.....

oh ya...hunters laptop that he flew across the country drunk to get fixed? what flavor q-anon kool aid is your favorite? i like grape

http://www.facebook.com/#!/andyoriley

georgetownt

Post by georgetownt » Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:59 pm

andymuskegon wrote:
georgetownt wrote:
jesusjenny wrote:
georgetownt wrote:

Right.....

oh ya...hunters laptop that he flew across the country drunk to get fixed? what flavor q-anon kool aid is your favorite? i like grape
Yeah I get it he never "worked" on a board of directors position he was unqualified for either. I get it. I like cherry but it gives me a red mustache

Jason Kragt

Post by Jason Kragt » Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:30 pm

georgetownt wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:59 pm
andymuskegon wrote:
georgetownt wrote:
Yeah I get it he never "worked" on a board of directors position he was unqualified for either. I get it. I like cherry but it gives me a red mustache
whataboutism
[ˌ(h)wədəˈboudizəm]
NOUN
BRITISH
the technique or practice of responding to an accusation or difficult question by making a counteraccusation or raising a different issue. Also called whataboutery.

jesusjenny

Post by jesusjenny » Sat Jan 16, 2021 8:46 pm

Nailed it.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic