Acceptable registrations in the queue through March 16 at 11:00a ET have now been activated. Enjoy! -M.W.

Terms of Use have been amended effective October 6, 2019. Make sure you are aware of the new rules! Please visit this thread for details: https://www.mibuzzboard.com/phpBB3/view ... 16&t=48619

Scott Winters Joins Parler and asks others to follow

Discussion pertaining to Grand Rapids, Kalamazoo, Muskegon, Battle Creek, Big Rapids, and Michiana
georgetownt

Re: Scott Winters Joins Parler and asks others to follow

Post by georgetownt » Sat Jan 16, 2021 8:49 pm

Didn't this whole thread start out about Winters being a Racist??? My bad

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

inmyopinion

Post by inmyopinion » Sun Jan 17, 2021 1:33 pm

Dumb question, but for those of us who don't know, who is Scott Winters? Radio maybe? Or TV. And is he still in local radio/tv or is he out of the business? Thx

dwp49423

Post by dwp49423 » Sun Jan 17, 2021 6:35 pm

inmyopinion wrote:
Sun Jan 17, 2021 1:33 pm
Dumb question, but for those of us who don't know, who is Scott Winters?
Was part of the Q Morning Zoo on WKLQ around 20 years ago, then part of the GRD morning show, later WOOD-FM with fellow former KLQ and GRD morning show personality Rick Beckett. Now on WFGR in the afternoons.

---
"Cheap Cheap Cheap" it is live or is it Gannett?

since16

Post by since16 » Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:55 am

If any of you actually believe that Republicans are getting the same social media treatment as Democrats when it comes to their speech than you're just plain stupid. Admitting that it is happening does not have to be related to agreeing with each others views, but certainly seeing freedom of speech is being threatened and squashed is very scary.

jesusjenny

Post by jesusjenny » Mon Jan 18, 2021 1:46 pm

How many more times do we have to cover this? Freedom of speech refers to the GOVERNMENT oppressing free speech - NOT private entities. They are being removed by PRIVATE PARTIES for their words and actions. Did anyone not take a 9th grade civics class?

TC Talks

Post by TC Talks » Mon Jan 18, 2021 2:00 pm

since16 wrote:
Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:55 am
If any of you actually believe that Republicans are getting the same social media treatment as Democrats when it comes to their speech than you're just plain stupid. Admitting that it is happening does not have to be related to agreeing with each others views, but certainly seeing freedom of speech is being threatened and squashed is very scary.
I'm getting really tired of the whole conservative victim rant. More than likely you are in much better shape than a lot of Americans. You probably have food, you obviously have the internet, you have shelter.

Quit complaining and be grateful for what you've got.

“The more you can increase fear of drugs, crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all of the people.”
― Noam Chomsky

Posting Content © 2024 TC Talks Holdings LP.

inmyopinion

Post by inmyopinion » Wed Jan 20, 2021 1:22 am

dwp49423 wrote:
Sun Jan 17, 2021 6:35 pm
inmyopinion wrote:
Sun Jan 17, 2021 1:33 pm
Dumb question, but for those of us who don't know, who is Scott Winters?
Was part of the Q Morning Zoo on WKLQ around 20 years ago, then part of the GRD morning show, later WOOD-FM with fellow former KLQ and GRD morning show personality Rick Beckett. Now on WFGR in the afternoons.
Ok, Thx for the info.

Autoblemike

Post by Autoblemike » Mon Jan 25, 2021 5:01 pm

jesusjenny wrote:
Mon Jan 18, 2021 1:46 pm
How many more times do we have to cover this? Freedom of speech refers to the GOVERNMENT oppressing free speech - NOT private entities. They are being removed by PRIVATE PARTIES for their words and actions. Did anyone not take a 9th grade civics class?
Sure, they are a private company, yet they enjoy free speech protections from the federal government. They effectively silenced an entire party, and all of you people are blind by your own biases to see it. Wait until they silence you... you will be singing a different tune. You are throwing the term white supremacy around... how about the word sheep!!!

Jesusjenny, It’s like you take your talking points strait from your media overlords. Let’s await the next crisis and see what you are programmed to care about.

Reese, I’m not on the q train either but after the last 2 years... anything is possible. One thing I’m sure of is that no one knows what is going on... other than we are all completely divided.

jesusjenny

Post by jesusjenny » Tue Jan 26, 2021 2:19 pm

You proved my point exactly! They have free speech from the government - you said it yourself. Private companies making private decisions based on their clientele - in this case, right wing extremists. The government has not shut any of these private companies "Free Speech" down.

No talking points, just an understanding of history. Private companies "Silencing" people as you put it is TOTALLY different than what we're talking about - which is FREEDOM of speech from the government. Being programmed by private entitles is an ENTIRELY different issue.

What the hell is so hard to understand about this?

PLEASE pick up a history book or take a civics class and then we can discuss this. You seem more paranoid than anything. "One thing I'm sure of is no one knows what's going on" - you've basically admitted you don't know what's going on. LOL

Transmitter

Post by Transmitter » Wed Jan 27, 2021 12:27 am

JesusJenny is Rod Kackley.

Freqman

Post by Freqman » Wed Jan 27, 2021 8:46 am

I don't think Scott is a racist, but he sure has racist fans on his FB page and he definitely comes of as a whiny TrumpTard.

Best to just let these guys fizzle out. Let him do his traffic reports on WFGR and piss and moan about masks on facebook. He's essentially irrelevant moving forward (like parler).

Autoblemike

Post by Autoblemike » Wed Jan 27, 2021 8:54 am

jesusjenny wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 2:19 pm
You proved my point exactly! They have free speech from the government - you said it yourself. Private companies making private decisions based on their clientele - in this case, right wing extremists. The government has not shut any of these private companies "Free Speech" down.

No talking points, just an understanding of history. Private companies "Silencing" people as you put it is TOTALLY different than what we're talking about - which is FREEDOM of speech from the government. Being programmed by private entitles is an ENTIRELY different issue.

PLEASE pick up a history book or take a civics class and then we can discuss this. You seem more paranoid than anything. "One thing I'm sure of is no one knows what's going on" - you've basically admitted you don't know what's going on. LOL
You changed my mind by your power of persuasion. Thanks for educating me.

jesusjenny

Post by jesusjenny » Wed Jan 27, 2021 11:49 am

Transmitter wrote:
Wed Jan 27, 2021 12:27 am
JesusJenny is Rod Kackley.
LOL!! :rollin

I could be wrong, but hasn't Rod posted on this board using his real name?

Trophyhead

Post by Trophyhead » Wed Jan 27, 2021 11:54 am

I don't believe the board is infallible, in terms of keeping someone from operating under real name and persona accounts.

G G

Post by G G » Tue Feb 02, 2021 5:21 am

jesusjenny wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 2:19 pm

Hey listen, honey. You've had three pages to make your point, but all I am seeing is emotional arguments over you. This is the longest period of menses I have ever witnessed. Calm down a bit and find some other threads to shriek in. Scott is a good man and I'm about done reading this garbage.

Donald Trump was and is the best president this country has ever had. And he will return to glory as our leader again.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic